Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 08:07   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivacar View Post
In the Ola website. There is option to "sign in" either with your mobile number or email id. In that section you can freeze your model and colour. Location top right hand side.
Thanks for the info. I have booked one for my dad, will give this a shot.

Would really appreciate it if you can put up a screenshot, would help many.
Old 6th September 2021, 08:22   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivacar View Post
In the Ola website. There is option to "sign in" either with your mobile number or email id. In that section you can freeze your model and colour. Location top right hand side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Tried, but clicking the sign-in does nothing and for some strange reason, even the link to "reserve it" not working.
Same for me. Not a good indication for a jazzy website where the basic links also are not working.

If for any reason they have suspended incremental sign ins or registrations they should clearly state it on the website.

I had paid the 499 a while ago. Let’s see if they send some specific actionable email on the 8th. AFAIK, even the reviews are expected to come out around mid September so definitely this style of opening bookings a week before anyone has even heard a detailed review (let alone a personal dekko) is a bit annoying. I’m definitely going to see it properly at least via reviews or otherwise before taking the plunge. Ola’s loss on my discretionary spend budget might just end up being Apple’s gain between now and Diwali.

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th September 2021 at 08:22. Reason: Typo
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:35   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Did you receive any communication from them regarding payment option, delivery period etc.??

Why I am asking this question is that I too have booked one (not given any option for color or variant) on 16th July and immediately I got an SMS confirming the booking but thereafter no communication at all from them.
you need to go to their website. Once you log in using the phone you registered with, you can see your booking details on the website and modify the model and colors.

As per my conversation with Ola support, the payment gateway will open on 8th Sep and deliveries will commence in Oct 2021.

https://book.olaelectric.com/phoneNumber
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-olaphone.jpg  

Mafia is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 09:24   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
you need to go to their website. Once you log in using the phone you registered with, you can see your booking details on the website and modify the model and colors.
Yes, got it and selected the colour. They simply say that we pay money from 8th September and deliveries start from October (no mention of any date in October). Does this mean that we pay in advance and they produce the scooters and then deliver to us?

They still not saying anything about the delivery pattern (area preference, i.e. will they deliver as per the booking priority or Tier 1 city, tier 2 cities likewise)!
Old 6th September 2021, 10:13   #425
BHPian

Screenshots for login
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-screenshot-695.png  

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-screenshot-696.png  

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-screenshot-697.png  

Sivacar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:52   #426
BHPian

Got this just now as i was browsing this thread! Purchase only through Ola and Ola Electric Apps. Ola electric app will go live on 8th Sept. Other details:

Quote:
Paying for The Ola S1
We have a variety of convenient, best-in-class financing options for you to choose from, powered by Ola Financial Services (OFS). You can even opt to pay an advance to purchase your Ola S1.

If you need financing, OFS (Ola Financial Services) has tied up with leading banks including IDFC First Bank, HDFC, and TATA Capital to help finance your Ola S1. EMIs start at INR 2999 (for Ola S1) and INR 3199 (for Ola S1 Pro).

HDFC Bank will provide pre-approved loans to eligible customers in minutes on the Ola and Ola Electric apps. TATA Capital and IDFC First Bank will process digital KYC and provide instant loan approvals to eligible customers.

Keep your Aadhaar card, Pan Card & Proof of address handy to keep the process seamless.

In case you don’t need financing you can simply pay an advance of INR 20000 for Ola S1 or INR 25000 for Ola S1 Pro, and the rest when we invoice your scooter to you.

Both your down-payment and advance are completely refundable if you wish to cancel your booking. Cancellation is allowed only till the scooter is shipped from the Ola FutureFactory.

Insuring Your Ola S1
You can even insure your Ola S1 on the Ola and Ola Electric Apps. Our insurance partner, ICICI Lombard currently offers comprehensive vehicle insurance policies. A base policy of ‘1-year Own Damage and 5 years Third Party’ is mandatory for registration. You can also choose from other add-ons such as Personal Accident Cover, Zero Depreciation, and Roadside Assistance.

Test Ride
Test rides will commence from October 2021 onwards. Cancellation is allowed post test rides till your scooter is shipped from the Ola FutureFactory.

Delivery of Your Ola S1
We start deliveries in October 2021 onwards, and your scooter will be delivered directly to your home. All you have to do is pay the remaining amount (few days before shipment) if non-financed or complete the loan agreement if financed before your scooter is shipped to you. In case you miss the payment date, the scooter allocated to you will be reallocated to someone else. You can come back later to complete the purchase and we will provide you with a new delivery date.

We are starting the purchase in batches and prioritizing users based on their dates of reservation. We will notify you of the tentative delivery date once the purchase opens for you starting 8th September.

Servicing Your Ola S1
The Ola S1 is an AI-driven smart vehicle that frees you from the traditional scheduled maintenance every 3 or 6 months with predictive maintenance. Your scooter will tell you when something needs replacing or servicing. and a doorstep service can be booked on the Ola Electric App.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-whatsapp-image-20210906-3.50.20-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by rascalangel : 6th September 2021 at 15:58.
rascalangel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:51   #427
BHPian

Thanks. Got the mail regarding the date of booking.
Interesting thing is the Warranty !

3Yrs on battery( Just to keep the FAME requirement in mind)

Did anyone got a reply from OLA on the Battery cost after 3 years ?(Approx at least)

I did ask about re-generative braking. No answer. Hope the motor is capable of that ! ( Etergo is , based on a TBhpian above)
pradeepkm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 17:56   #428
Senior - BHPian

They still say delivery October 2021 but not giving any specific date like 8th September as purchase date? It can be even October 31st - a long wait again!
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 07:28   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Same for me. Not a good indication for a jazzy website where the basic links also are not working.

If for any reason they have suspended incremental sign ins or registrations they should clearly state it on the website.

I had paid the 499 a while ago. Let’s see if they send some specific actionable email on the 8th. AFAIK, even the reviews are expected to come out around mid September so definitely this style of opening bookings a week before anyone has even heard a detailed review (let alone a personal dekko) is a bit annoying. I’m definitely going to see it properly at least via reviews or otherwise before taking the plunge. Ola’s loss on my discretionary spend budget might just end up being Apple’s gain between now and Diwali.
Edit: it’s been fixed now, just checked ��

Incremental bookings flow is broken. I’ve a booking ID but still considers me as a new registrant (asking me to reserve for 499/-) and not letting me reserve/update the variant/colour.

Last edited by TokyoDrifter : 7th September 2021 at 07:31.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 07:32   #430
BHPian

Quote:

As per my conversation with Ola support, the payment gateway will open on 8th Sep and deliveries will commence in Oct 2021.
Do we need to pay additional Rs 499?
I'm confused as this amount is exactly same as for new booking and I do not want to end up booking a second scooter.

Read about the EMI options, looks tempting.
Old 7th September 2021, 07:57   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Edit: it’s been fixed now, just checked ��

Incremental bookings flow is broken. I’ve a booking ID but still considers me as a new registrant (asking me to reserve for 499/-) and not letting me reserve/update the variant/colour.
That’s what happened to me as well. It took me back to the “Pay 499” process and does not recognise that I have already paid and only want to make incremental updates. Perhaps for those who booked already they will initiate receipt of further information re color and variant.

In any event, I’m not going to jump on to the 8th Sept bandwagon. I might pursue this perhaps 6 months later or so.
Old 7th September 2021, 08:20   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Do we need to pay additional Rs 499?
I'm confused as this amount is exactly same as for new booking and I do not want to end up booking a second scooter.

Read about the EMI options, looks tempting.
You have to sign in by using your phone number. I have shared the logging page link in a previous post. Someone else has shared the process too.

The login process is not very intuitive. In the top right-hand corner with the 3 horizontal lines, you have the sign-in option.

I booked a second scooter accidentally. Not received the refund yet.
Old 7th September 2021, 10:26   #433
Senior - BHPian

Old 7th September 2021, 10:34   #434
Senior - BHPian

I prefer this quiet assured manner in which OLA is proceeding.

Off late especially since the advent of social media marketing, auto makers have been like Karan Johar movies, build a lot of hype, then release a damp squib!

I prefer the old school way where the product did the talking.

Albeit I still have questions:

- If I'm booking a scooter for my dad using my phone number in another city, can he still take delivery/install the app etc?

- Does the pillion seat take into account Indian requirements?

Also it will help if OLA creates a video/presentation as to how the servicing will work. I get their confidence, but visual images are more reassuring to the vast majority.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 10:38   #435
BHPian

Quote:
You have to sign in by using your phone number. I have shared the logging page link in a previous post. Someone else has shared the process too.

The login process is not very intuitive. In the top right-hand corner with the 3 horizontal lines, you have the sign-in option.
Finally could select the colour and variant. As you mentioned, it is slightly round-about.

Using the link provided by you took me to book a new vehicle. I clicked on the OLA logo on the left and then it showed me "My reservations" clicking on it took me to options.

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-olas1proa.png

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-olas1prob.png

Between, the "Sign In" was not working on my mobile earlier, it worked only on Desktop. I got an SMS informing about modification too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks