Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 13:18   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Is it worth plonking in the money for the scooter? I am just a bit skeptical...that it is also heavily software reliant
Not really; you've plethora of choices from Ather to iQube to Chetak all of which returns decent distance, reasonable power & all in the same price range of Ola (barring Ather, where you can be assured of the software)

So, depending on your priorities, you've limited choices or stick with good old petrol scooter which is way too reliable & offers better VFM

Basically it's a blind faith!! Reminds me of my experience with C250R in 2011, where there were almost no test rides (even if you book the motorcycle) & one had to have a blind faith with Honda.

Last edited by aargee : 16th September 2021 at 13:20.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:19   #542

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Is it worth plonking in the money for the scooter? I am just a bit skeptical as there hasn't been a single test drive of this scooter. Considering that it is also heavily software reliant, I hope they've put things together well.
Have to admit it's a gamble FanaticOnWheels. The only assurance is a refund that's offered on cancellations.

Personally, my dad's faithful Activa 125 is on its last legs and we're adamant to look for an electric alternative. The choice of electric two wheelers is so dire that OLA is the only viable option in front of us. Hence we took the leap of faith.

If a new two wheeler is not an absolute necessity, then a wait and watch approach makes sense in my opinion.
shortbread is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:25   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Personally...The choice of electric two wheelers is so dire that OLA is the only viable option in front of us. Hence we took the leap of faith
We've the same situation; 2005 Activa, green tax paid in 2020 Jan after a complete overhaul (2005 Honda Activa - Refurbish or sell? Another tale of head vs heart conflict), yet there're lots of new issues cropping up & we're totally frustrated. Despite following this forum's advice on retaining an old car versus buying a new one inorder to save cost, it somehow didn't work for us.

Despite booking Ola, we still have our eyes fixated on NTorq and RayZR, but we're willing to wait until Diwali by then we expect test rides on Ola as well as discounts on fossil fueled scooters
Old 16th September 2021, 13:53   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Same here. Un-install, reinstall hasn't helped. My pin code is a small town, I'm not sure if that is a problem since it doesn't show any error. They have a whole website set-up but purchase is forced via app. I despise this trend of forcing the app down customers throat.
I'm ready to pay, just take my money please but no wait!! Install our app first thank you.
The forcing to download app by companies is increasing and irritating. I was surprised initially when they changed the booking platform from the website to the app.

I have found Ola support team to be very active. Mail them and you should get a response in a reasonable amount of time.

support@olaelectric.com

Patience is the key in todays world.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:10   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Not really; you've plethora of choices from Ather to iQube to Chetak all of which returns decent distance, reasonable power & all in the same price range of Ola (barring Ather, where you can be assured of the software)
I second the vote for Ather as an alternative. I own the Ather 450x and it is fun to drive (irrespective of load) and reliable. Ather has mature range estimation algorithms that are fairly accurate. Their regular firmware updates over the air have resolved most of the niggles in the software. Maharashtra's new subsidies have bought the prices down.

I am hoping Ola doesn't jack up the prices too high. They are running on hype right now and they need to deliver on quality, after sales service and charging network. Real world range will be an eye opener for customers once the feedback starts coming in.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-screenshot-20210916-2.02.40-pm.png  

ohaak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:16   #546
Senior - BHPian

Finally I see the buy option in the App when i followed the link in a fresh sms received today. But the selection page doesn't open and the screen hangs. Seems to be heavy traffic in the site.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:16   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
In a recent tweet, they have claimed that they are selling 4 scooters each second. Which for me, isn't believable at all. Even for 8 hour sales, that's 115k units sold. Numbers just don't look believable to me. Whole EV 2 wheeler market size is less than 120k units per year, just for comparison.

But don't get me wrong, please. If they are really getting those numbers it's brilliant! Really setting an example for the world if true.
They are just trying to get more people to pay up upfront and their delivery dates also seem shady to me. I had booked the scooter on 16th july and made the 20K payment around 9:00 a.m yesterday with uninstal and install being the reason for delayed payment and my delivery date is in December. My BIL booked the scooter around september 8th and made the payment around 10 p.m yesterday and the delivery date is still december 2021. What was the queue and priority all about

On top of that they sent a mail in the night that 100 ppl who book in the 2 Hour slot that they will get the delivery on the first date. Expect some fairness in how they operate. There is no way to know whats the order of booking for someone booking on 16th 18th and there on. Some ethics would have helped here.

We are in for some tough times for sure. They seemingly have got a well engineered product from Etergo which we hope doesn't have bigger issues in terms of motor, battery charging , reliability etc. especially in suspension( front single telescopic and rear horizontally mounted both pretty unique in the market).

I cant imagine how the gimmicky features of reverse gear, cruise control, customised sounds and external speakers for music would work in real world scenario. The software is too dominating and intrusive.

We have bit the bullet due to the long range and promising performance at the price it is being offered
muni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:12   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Finally I see the buy option in the App when i followed the link in a fresh sms received today. But the selection page doesn't open and the screen hangs. Seems to be heavy traffic in the site.
Same stuff for me since the last few hours. I find this flash-sale type of booking really annoying. To give only 2 days (15th-16th) for all bookings is exactly that. Trying to drum up a sense of urgency and get fence sitters to jump in.

If the product is good it will sell on its own merit. The booking window should've been at least a week long.

I'm going to cancel my booking and take a long hard look at the first set of user experiences.
digitalnirvana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:23   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I'm going to cancel my booking and take a long hard look at the first set of user experiences.
I'm in your same boat, just with an exception of buying NTorq Race Edition. Thinking to take a call during Diwali times
Old 16th September 2021, 18:43   #550
Senior - BHPian

I too am not paying now. I will let the five hundred rupees remain in there and will buy after the product comes out and I see a few user experiences. My BIL did book the most expensive version yesterday. I will borrow it for a few days. If the product is as good as the hype, I will buy later, even if I have to pay a higher price. But the next bike will be an EV. That much is decided.

Last edited by Gansan : 16th September 2021 at 18:44.
Gansan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:57   #551
BHPian

Quote:
I too am not paying now. I will let the five hundred rupees remain in there and will buy after the product comes out and I see a few user experiences. My BIL did book the most expensive version yesterday. I will borrow it for a few days. If the product is as good as the hype, I will buy later, even if I have to pay a higher price. But the next bike will be an EV. That much is decided.
Same feelings. The ola kept enticing with factory visit and then possibly free bike. But I refrained. Ather is opening it's shop in the next 2 days here in Goa. I want to taste the EV blood before jumping in.

Btw I doubt that later the pricing will be higher. Woudnt the incumbents reduce theirs looking at Ola taking a big chunk of their meal?

Last edited by rascalangel : 16th September 2021 at 20:58.
Old 16th September 2021, 21:30   #552
Team-BHP Support

I’m surprised not a single review is out so far. PD had indicated that their review is likely to go live in mid September. I was hoping it would be out there just before these delayed bookings.
Old 16th September 2021, 21:48   #553
Senior - BHPian

I get a count down sms every hour since 4 pm, "only 8 hours remaining, only 7 hours remaining" and so on, carrying a link. I have faithfully clicked every link provided, but still the payment page does not open! The screen still hangs. I am bored. No more clicking on any message!
Old 16th September 2021, 21:54   #554
BHPian

Quote:
I get a count down sms every hour since 4 pm, "only 8 hours remaining, only 7 hours remaining" and so on, carrying a link. I have faithfully clicked every link provided, but still the payment page does not open! The screen still hangs. I am bored. No more clicking on any message!
Same with me. After the message I saw at 7:00 PM decided to hold my booking and wait for few days.

I will decide once I see the scooters on road and reviews on team-bhp.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-whatsapp-image-20210916-7.19.34-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by vinukm : 16th September 2021 at 21:58.
Old 16th September 2021, 22:36   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Payment link is opening now. I'm able to proceed to the booking. But West Bengal has absolutely no subsidies shown so I'm not sure whether to purchase or not.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks