Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 13:16   #46
BHPian

re: Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)

Just watched PD's walkaround video. Shumi also mentioned that this one's more of a prototype and the materials aren't comparable to Ola scooter. It gave a raw idea of the product will be. I will myself consider this one only after they show an actual production model. Let's see how Ola delivers the product in October. Booking neither of these right now.
Old 16th August 2021, 13:29   #47
BHPian

re: Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
That sprocket look like its off a 200/250cc motorcycle and chain drive on an e-scooter , looks like weight is not a concern for the designers.
Gaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:13   #48
BHPian

Simple One on paper is truly remarkable in terms of range and under-cuts Ola by a good margin of money.

I feel the launch is too premature. They are behind Ola by at least a year in terms of development, provided they have the funds.

Ola had the advantage of an existing product which they have developed further for India.

Ola is starting to deliver in September 21. No real contest here. By the time Simple One hits the market, Ola would probably be launching its next model.
Mafia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 18:50   #49
BHPian

Can anyone explain me the advantages/disadvantages of chain drive, belt drive and hub mounted motor?
f1fan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 08:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan5 View Post
Can anyone explain me the advantages/disadvantages of chain drive, belt drive and hub mounted motor?
Hub motor design.
Simplest, less failure components, cheap and easy.

Disadvantages- low speed operation, reduced regen power.

Chain drive is better than belt drive. However belt drives are little smoother comparitvely.
pogo0120 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:06   #51
BHPian

i have my concerns on Simple One,

1) The display scooter looks like a cosmetic update on Ather 450x. To the extent as pointed by others readers, the registration and VIN are of a actual Ather 450. Which actual shows the seriousness of Simple Energy. Scam Alert!!
2) www.simpleenergy.in registered address is Andaman and Nicobar Islands (whois.com). simple don't understand why any genuine company would do that. Scam Alert!!
3) While the claimed numbers are impressive, it seems like a carrot being dangled for prospective buyers, as shared in the posts above there is no proof of investment or test scooters to confirm any of the claims by Simple Energy.

I hope i am Wrong, as the claimed numbers are incredible and this scooter could spell doom for regular scooter manufactures in India.

But as of now i will keep my Rs. 1947 with me.
rajchetan is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 12:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
That sprocket look like its off a 200/250cc motorcycle and chain drive on an e-scooter , looks like weight is not a concern for the designers.
I think they went full Lego while building this scooter. Just picked parts of the market. Made some parts on a 3D printing machine and boom - a scooter for a launch .

But I do really hope the Ather VIN thing is just a software glitch and the company is legit with a legit product. Did they rush the launch to secure more funding for the plant and hoped to get some more from the public .
Old 17th August 2021, 13:52   #53
BHPian

Andaman nicobar islands, that's correct.

https://whois.domaintools.com/simpleenergy.in

See, these things bother me now. Why a Bangalore based company need to register domain name address as andaman islands?

I am really worried. Can any one help me in getting refund on pre booking?
pogo0120 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 20:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
See, these things bother me now. Why a Bangalore based company need to register domain name address as andaman islands?
Not trying to defend but this is possibly because Andaman comes at the first position in states drop down on many websites and lazy ass web master just ignored/didn't notice Andaman was selected.
amol4184 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 22:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Not trying to defend but this is possibly because Andaman comes at the first position in states drop down on many websites and lazy ass web master just ignored/didn't notice Andaman was selected.
You can change this too, even after registration. Point is, if web master has time to choose country option as India, then how difficult it is to choose Bangalore and Karnataka. Also you have to enter address and phone number while registering. I do these things and hence I know. Also it has 3 hosting changes. These things donot happen to start-ups. They just host a site and work on their products. People are mature now, not so dumb. It was not a heavily populated site before launch or even after launch.

Anyway, I have sent email today for refund but no reply so far. May be my money is lost. There is no phone number to talk to. I guess government must regulate these pre booking activities. I am pretty sure some people in simple energy must be reading this thread as team bhp is referred by many companies to know what people are talking about their organization. Expecting some sort of explaination on their Twitter handle..
pogo0120 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 21:06   #56
BHPian

Another announcement expected to start around 21:17 as per recent tweet by Suhas RajKumar.

Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-51ae9fe9376a4c539cf91d76f31aa5c9.jpeg
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 23:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
Another announcement expected to start around 21:17 as per recent tweet by Suhas RajKumar.
Announcement delayed, now will be conducted tomorrow at 18:00 hours.

Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-153240b0363948b39353d4f9ff715441.jpeg

Source
Old 19th August 2021, 19:07   #58
BHPian

Warranty is said to be for 3 years on both, vehicle and battery.
TD too is not available as of now.

Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-c9b52703916e46f09db3024806f15308.jpeg
Source

Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-c93b89426dc948e68a4dbd57fef11624.jpeg
Source
Old 19th August 2021, 19:50   #59
BHPian

I have read somewhere that they have already changed specs of the motor even before launch. Any info on this?
Old 19th August 2021, 20:17   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
Announcement delayed, now will be conducted tomorrow at 18:00 hours.
What happened? I did not see any updates on announcement on detailed specs etc.
Also above tweet seems to deleted by Suhas.
Was it today 6pm or tomorrow 6pm? I thought it was today.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2021 at 22:39. Reason: Quote trimmed. SMS removed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks