Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2021, 21:57   #61
BHPian

re: Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
What happened? I did not see any updates on announcement on detailed specs etc.
Also above tweet seems to deleted by Suhas
Miscommunication from the Founder and CEO of Simple Energy.
Recent tweet says that announcement was made on 15th August and Simple Energy website mentions all the required details.

Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-423ac997d0054e70b1a22da845dcce5e.jpeg

Source
GautamJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 23:10   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)

While others have compared Ather and OLA as Tesla of Indian 2W, this looks like Nikola of Indian 2W, Suhas as Trevor Milton of India.

Keeps changing the dates, yesterday he announces something, today says check website.
I won't be surprised someday he files lawsuit against Ather or OLA for stealing their patents.

I would suggest, don't pre book unless you see the factory.
SKC-auto is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 01:21   #63

Spotted something on their website. It showed a motor power of 7KW on August 15.
Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-screenshot_20210815200448.png

And today, it shows 8.5KW.
Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-screenshot_20210820003822.png

There's something really fishy about their claimed performance figures. It seems like they wanted to make it look better than that of Ola. For instance, the Ola S1 pro has a claimed peak power of 8.5KW and a 0 - 40kph time of 3.0s. The Simple One's claimed peak power is (now) 8.5KW, and 0 - 40kph time is claimed to be 2.95s.

Even their launch event was scheduled right after the Ola reveal, and watching it felt like it was rushed and they didn't have much time for preparation. They couldn't even start it right on time.

Off-topic: This is my first post in TBHP forum and it's a conspiracy theory right of the bat
harisankarsony is offline   (53) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 07:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
I would suggest, don't pre book unless you see the factory.
And I am trying to get my money back. There is no phone number to talk to and they are not responding to my email.

Hi,

Please refund for following booking.

Regards

K Mxxxxxxxx
Details
Order ID. 0592-895239-1600
Order Date 15-Aug-2021
Payment Method UPI
Amount 1947
Colour Namma Red
pogo0120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 12:23   #65
BHPian

This has Nikola written all over.
Outlandish specs - check
Lookalike prototype- check
Shady funding - check
Multiple patents without proof - check (he claimed to have patented a different disc brake design)
1 million unit warehouse, I mean plant - check
Inconsistent information - check

People please do your own research on this before parting with your hard earned 1947. Just a cursory glance on LinkedIn on profiles of these guys will make you question if they even have the skills to put together something like a high tech EV company.

Better to be careful as there’s a lot of smoke and vapor ware. For me this is Nikola part deux, desi style.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2021 at 19:46. Reason: Non-forum smileys deleted
diesel_head is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 21:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
While others have compared Ather and OLA as Tesla of Indian 2W, this looks like Nikola of Indian 2W, Suhas as Trevor Milton of India.

Keeps changing the dates, yesterday he announces something, today says check website.
And now he says his company has received over 30000 bookings since "launch".

Ola S1 rival Simple One scooter receives over 30,000 pre-bookings
Quote:
The scooter boasts of the high pre-booking number despite a “zero" marketing approach.
Quote:
Speaking on this announcement, Suhas Rajkumar, Founder, and CEO of Simple Energy said, "We are elated with the love we’ve been receiving from the launch day. We are grateful to the audience as they believe in the product and have shown support to a home-grown company. We are here to stay!"
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:21   #67
BHPian

I found this article where all miscommunication is pointed out. Turns out overall launch event was poorly planned and excecuted. Many critical goofups which is highly unfavourable for a new product and brand launch. Hopes they dont end up messing the product itself. Specs looks fantastic,IMHO. World's best long range scooter being inhouse developed at #NammaBengaluru is something brag worthy.

- Change in parameters such as peakpower & 0-100 figures. This article states that it was changed after Ola's launch.
- Display model's registration number was originally of an Ather.
- Production facility is far from promised reality. With current setup, not sure if they can achieve delivery commitments.
- Ordeal of twitter tweets,deletion and retweets.

Link : https://www.firstpost.com/tech/auto/...h-9905901.html
5252rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 20:24   #68
BHPian

Hi,
Any one getting communication from simple energy on refund?
I have mailed twice, still no reply.

Gosh..I should have waited for team bhp discussion before I placed the pre-order. Bad luck.
pogo0120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:59   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post
Any one getting communication from simple energy on refund?
I have mailed twice, still no reply.
The CEO has posted on Twitter saying that there will be an option to cancel orders through the user dashboard on their website, post friday.
Dubious claims of the Simple Energy One electric scooter | Might be based on an Ather (page 3)-screenshot_202108242151582.png

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2021 at 22:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
harisankarsony is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 09:42   #70
BHPian

The simple energy story smells a lot like the Sathyam scam. Fake it till you make it. Looked like the launch was only to secure funding.
rascalangel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 11:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur View Post
That sprocket look like its off a 200/250cc motorcycle and chain drive on an e-scooter , looks like weight is not a concern for the designers.
Didn't notice this.

How does chain drive works on an automatic scooter?

Lets say on standstill if we brake full and give full or some throttle, the clutch or belt will slip for a belt driven ICE or EV.
However for a chain drive in this case, I think the sprockets at either ends will break their teeth.

Am I very much off the mark?
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 13:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Lets say on standstill if we brake full and give full or some throttle, the clutch or belt will slip for a belt driven ICE or EV
On ICE it doesn't as the power is gradually distributed to sprocks; on EV, S/W does the same job of power distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
However for a chain drive in this case, I think the sprockets at either ends will break their teeth
Not sure about SimpleOne, but speaking in broad terms, technical engineers should've taken care through S/W as stated above
Old 26th August 2021, 23:19   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this video on YouTube. Seems to be recorded on the day of launch. Somehow all answers seemed vague and nothing has been decided. I don't know why all companies these days are in a great hurry to launch the product (cars, scooters) even when nothing is ready!
hemanth.anand is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th August 2021, 10:32   #74
BHPian

Cancellation option is now working. I cancelled my pre order, amount was refunded very next second! Fast.
pogo0120 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 08:56   #75
BHPian

Honestly this guy and his company is giving me Nikola vibes. No working prototype, pretty sure they have Ather 450X under that body. Everything is in the air. The guy Trevor Milton use to do same stuff, Tesla announces something, the guy will do the same with renders, blowing up investors money with nothing concrete. Will suggest bailing on this one or just wait and watch.
officer416 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks