Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2007, 18:10   #16
BHPian

can any one help me out as I am intrested in buying bullet machismo whether i should wait for the integrated engine or i can go for the latest machismo 500cc, and how long will the wait be?
Old 19th May 2007, 21:37   #17
BHPian

hummm... AVL500.
can it do a 130+ kmph over a long distance?
Old 19th May 2007, 23:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure it can. If Mach-350 can do 120-125 than additional 7 bHP and 150 CC can definately do 130+.
Old 20th May 2007, 00:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

They seem to be in a race with Harley Davidson to decide which one of them can prove more conclusively that Power is inversely proportionate to Capacity.

May the biggest candidate win!
Old 20th May 2007, 05:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I'm sure it can. If Mach-350 can do 120-125 than additional 7 bHP and 150 CC can definately do 130+.
I don't think Machismo can do 120+ without any mods, can somebody confirm? and I am talking about cruising at 130+ speed for long distance and not just touching the mark
Old 20th May 2007, 13:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dood whats this bike about ...jkdas ....??....
courtesy
scoop on the new thunderbird !! - xBhp

Old 20th May 2007, 15:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
I don't think Machismo can do 120+ without any mods, can somebody confirm? and I am talking about cruising at 130+ speed for long distance and not just touching the mark
machismos touch 120kmph with quite some effort on straights and 100 to 110kmph is fast cruising which it can do for couple of hours. The engine is at ease if u choose to cruise between 80 to 100kmph.
cruising above 100kmph will affect FE alot as compared to 80 to 100. Try it you'll kmow the difference.
The above is considering 2 persons with some backpack (backpack not fully loaded).
Old 20th May 2007, 16:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
That bike in that link you see is not the production version, that's Sachin Chavan's bike with 18" wheels and that specific specimen has been around since an year before. The Hurricane is not a brand name either.

The AVL500 released in the market is a regular Machismo with AVL500 engine, and the AVL500's were being exported out of the country since quite some time back.

@black12rr: The pic you've posted it's a Thunderbird twinspark 350 with an all new engine using unit construction and hydraulic pushrods. That's going to be sold abroad first before it's gonna be sold here. It's coming in 350 & 500 versions. Basically the engine looks somewhat like a late 70's or early 80s single cylinder Jap machine's. But it looks good with a V kinda shape like the old cast iron engine's.

This is the ad for the Twinspark. I dint like the ad much.
Old 20th May 2007, 21:30   #24
BHPian

Hey Sankar, do you have any idea about the AVL500 performance? I don't think its worth 1+ lakh if its not able to do a 130+ kph cruising speed
Old 20th May 2007, 22:50   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sankar,

How much would the hydraulic pushrod engine produce at the rear wheel do you think?
Old 21st May 2007, 08:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sankar, do you have any idea about the AVL500 performance? I don't think its worth 1+ lakh if its not able to do a 130+ kph cruising speed
Hey Vabs!!

Can you please name a bike that can do 130+ kph cruising speed available to you?? It can be imported or indian made (if available).
Now tell me the price you would be paying for that bike in India (in INR).
And last question, also tell me a couple of indian roads where you are going to cuise @ 130+ kph for only about 10-30 minutes......

@Sankar,
Are you saying that the production version is completely different? Do you have specs to compare with the one available on that link???
Is it not going to be 18" for the new Machismo 500??

Last edited by Ketan : 21st May 2007 at 08:11.
Old 21st May 2007, 08:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Vabs!!
Can you please name a bike that can do 130+ kph cruising speed available to you??
My Kinetic GF170 used to do a 110kph easily topping @120+ kph, it was just 165.x cc. My RX135 4sp was able to do 90+ kph long distance speed and top speed was 100+ it was just 132.x cc

I expect a 499 cc bike to do just 130+ reliable speed, am i asking for much?

Quote:
It can be imported or indian made (if available).
Now tell me the price you would be paying for that bike in India (in INR).
I am willing to pay 1-1.5 lakh for a bike which can do a 150kph top speed and 130+ long distance reliable speeds

Quote:
And last question, also tell me a couple of indian roads where you are going to cuise @ 130+ kph for only about 10-30 minutes......
Well... once I did Pune-Nasik (200+km) in 2.5 hrs on my GF170, I was above 100kph for most of the time, avarage speed being ~75-80, I will love to do this at 100+ avarage speed

Last edited by vabs78 : 21st May 2007 at 08:32.
Old 21st May 2007, 09:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Kinetic GF170 used to do a 110kph easily topping @120+ kph, it was just 165.x cc. My RX135 4sp was able to do 90+ kph long distance speed and top speed was 100+ it was just 132.x cc

I expect a 499 cc bike to do just 130+ reliable speed, am i asking for much?
I guess we are trying to confuse between two different categories here. Lets not compare one of the most recent performance bikes with a classic tourer thats around with almost same technology for about half a century.
RE is much better than all the above manufactureres. Its a small bike mfg company whos annual sales not more than 1 months sales of all the above makes you mentioned here including those high tech performance Kinetic and HH bikes. They (RE) simply dont have funds or any R&D facilities to improve and compete with these plastic jap bikes that definately gives you higher topend sometimes. Inspite of all RE bikes are the msot powerful / stable bikes in India, so why the hell they should give you more than 25bhp or a cruising speed of 130+. Market leaders (HH, Kinetic and other Japs) shoud come up with such an initiative...I dont know why HH is not upgrading its Zma to 250CC and gives you 130+ cuisin speed!! have you ever thought of the reson?? Hats off to sid lal and his team who still keeps RE floating around..

IMO, Though the technology is old, its reliable, I have read about RE bikes doing 800 KMs a day without any strains to the engine and that too cruising at around 80-100 KPH. I dont think Plastic japs can do this.
I have friends claiming that their RE Machismo can easily beat Karizma (i guess its better than GF170 and Rx135 in top speed) on a straight streatch though its not a racing bike.

I'm adding a snip from Prodigy350s post (xbhp), he has explained it better.
========

i will say only 1 thing miltz... bullet rocks, KARIZMA RULES !!!!

karizma ain't a sportsbike although it looks like one.. it's a long stroke engine and it's also not a high-revving machine which u expect from a sports bike.it's a honda crf230f engine. so international quality, honda reliabilty, big engine and long stroke, low revving bike, result a perfect reliable bike for loooooong rides.

now comin to bullets and RE. RE will never match the standards set by the other bike mfg, indian or jap.. i am happy that RE are improving year by year and making many useful mods to their bike lineup but as i said earlier in a different thread RE is small company which can't afford R&D. and other manufactures like bajaj and tvs have graduated from makin punny 100cc with the help of japs and it's only recently that they hvae started makin their own bikes...whereas RE is all alone since 1955 doin what it does best, makin bullet 350... it's very recent after eicher and sid lal took over we are seeing noticable changes in the functioning of RE.

now, when it comes to reliability... i am dead sure the avl 500 is reliable... all the problems like piston seizures, oil pumps, battery's are well taken care off... i just hope that the engine clatter is eliminated..

and the std 350/500... they are reliable enough, if u know how to replace cables and other minor tweaks which bullet need....but hey the bottom line is bullet is much more comfortable, more torquey, stable and fun to tour on than a karizma..

and karizma vs bullet.. ccdi vs coil ignition. cv carb vs dellorto carb, 5 speed super slick gerabox vs agricultural 4 speed. cast iron vs alloy, 2004 vs 1955 and it goes on...

but the avl's can match the karizma anytime, anyday and the 500 avl... it
will be da fastest indian bike once it hits the roads...

========

Quote:
I am willing to pay 1-1.5 lakh for a bike which can do a 150kph top speed and 130+ long distance reliable speeds

Well... once I did Pune-Nasik (200+km) in 2.5 hrs on my GF170, I was above 100kph for most of the time, avarage speed being ~75-80, I will love to do this at 100+ avarage speed
Well, I have read that there are lot of mods you can do with bull on your own. modded bulls can give you around 145KPH after a few add-ons.

Forget about the cruising speed of 130+ I dont see any of our indian roads are ready for that yet and by the time they are ready, I guess we'll have much advanced cruiser like Harley Davidson around - I hope our kids can enjoy that kind of infrastructure in India... and by the way, I have also read somehwere that Harley Davidson is planning to enter India market soon with around 1.5 lac entry level bike. I guess this will be a better option for you and lets wait for that to come.
However, RE will still be around as it sustained competition with Harley Davidson in US and Europe for more than half a centure now..

Last edited by Ketan : 21st May 2007 at 09:29.
Old 21st May 2007, 10:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I guess we are trying to confuse between two different categories here. Lets not compare one of the most recent performance bikes with a classic tourer thats around with almost same technology for about half a century.
I thought that we are talking about a just newly launched bike and not an old classic

Quote:
RE is much better than all the above manufactureres.
Quote:
Its a small bike mfg company whos annual sales not more than 1 months sales of all the above makes you mentioned here.... They (RE) simply dont have funds or any R&D facilities to improve ....
these two statements are contradicting each other

Quote:
Inspite of all RE bikes are the msot powerful / stable bikes in India,
powerful or stable? you just said that Jap bikes have better top end, make up your mind dude

Quote:
so why the hell they should give you more than 25bhp or a cruising speed of 130+.
They should because they are charging the premium (1+ L)

Quote:
Market leaders (HH, Kinetic and other Japs) shoud come up with such an initiative...I dont know why HH is not upgrading its Zma to 250CC and gives you 130+ cuisin speed!! have you ever thought of the reson?? Hats off to sid lal and his team who still keeps RE floating around..
agreed 100%

Quote:
IMO, Though the technology is old, its reliable, I have read about RE bikes doing 800 KMs a day without any strains to the engine and that too cruising at around 80-100 KPH. I dont think Plastic japs can do this.
I don't agree with this, my RX135 can go on and on for any amout of time/distance, she is 9yrs old now but still she can easily do this

Quote:
I have friends claiming that their RE Machismo can easily beat Karizma (i guess its better than GF170 and Rx135 in top speed) on a straight streatch though its not a racing bike.
Karizma owners, this is your call

Quote:
Well, I have read that there are lot of mods you can do with bull on your own. modded bulls can give you around 145KPH after a few add-ons.
I don't want to spend on mods after spending 1+ L

Quote:
Forget about the cruising speed of 130+ I dont see any of our indian roads are ready for that yet and by the time they are ready,
I said it before and I will say it again Indian roads are not as bad as you think, and they are improving, I have always done 100+ kph on most of our highways and the speed was limited only by the bike not the road

Don't get me wrong dude,
I want RE to improve, I am really looking forward to AVL500 reviews because I want to buy a fast bike when I get back to India in 3-4 months. I know there is no other choice, I will definately buy this bike if it can fulfill my expectations
Old 21st May 2007, 11:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

nope noep!! I'm not trying to favor any company or manufacturer here. I own a HH bike and just had a plan to buy a new bike where RE is one of the options..
If you compare RE Std 350, yes, other Jap bikes can do more topenn than this std 350 guy....
However, when it comes to AVL-350, it can easily compete with Karizma or GF170.
And I'm sure, AVL500 will definately be the fastest bike in India (I agree with you that we should have expected more out of a 500CC engine - but its definately not an advanced technology as other jap bikes with electronic FI and other enhancements).

When I say RE is better than other mfgs,, I might have missed the context, I'm saying it has got better capabilities to sustain in the US / Europe market with the other giants looking at very small size of the company and mfg capabilities. Boeing doesnt have a production capacity as Hero Honda in terms of units, that doesnt mean HH is better than Boeing...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks