Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 20:28   #61
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@ketan ,congrats ,was that BN ride to savanadurga . You know santoosh , i think he was telling about ur bike only,he was saying the bike has loads of tourque , 3rd gear 15 kmph and it pulls like a train itseems .
will meet up some time .
Old 28th May 2007, 20:50   #62
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
whats a Goldstar?? can you please elaborate?
Goldstar is the old retro BSA silencer, pet named as 'Goldie', costs around 2000 bucks. It's almost a freeflow exhaust system without baffles. You can fill metal or glass wool (preferable) to control the note.
Some say better not to go for it before the valves set in the run in period, I don't find the logic behind it though.
Old 28th May 2007, 21:35   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ketan on your new purchase!! Anand at Teknics will make a goldie type pipe for you for 2000 bucks i met him few days back. I want to get one but later. He said it'll be pretty noisy and might cause trouble with the cops, i think he's referring to the pure megaphone type without any baffles. There are goldies with baffles too but that wont do good much for performance.

The clatter that you say cannot be remedied in an AVL engine, it's that engines characteristic sound live with it and you'll be happy.

Where are you in Banglore would like to meet up one day.
Old 29th May 2007, 11:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congrats Ketan on your new purchase!! Anand at Teknics will make a goldie type pipe for you for 2000 bucks
The clatter that you say cannot be remedied in an AVL engine, it's that engines characteristic sound live with it and you'll be happy.

Where are you in Banglore would like to meet up one day.
Thank you Sankar, I live close to HSR Layout and work at Inner ring road, you can call me at 9886719127, we'll surely fix up a good time...
I'm not planning to go for Goldie for now as MadbullRam suggested, I may go for that short silencer in near future for better sound, Does anyone know if I change the silencer within the warranty period then it voids warranty or not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Forgot, is the oil ozzing out from the Air Filter box, if so may be some over enthu mech would have poured excess oil which gets flushed back through the breather pipe into th air...this is **** up we have to live with...and I dont know why they aint rectifying it.

Ask him to clean that and also see if th air filter needs a change...
I'll find out where exactly the oil is coming from, I remember that a tube goes to air filter box and may be thats the one thats leaking the oil,, I guess it leaks oil on the air filter itself,, I'll check in next few hours and update on that,, if thats not good then I'll have to check with my dealer to have him find out that enthu mech..or replace the air filter..
I still need to work on the tappets setting;; If any experianced bulleteer around Bangalore, I'd like him to have a test ride on my bike and give his opinion as I'm new to RE..

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
What RPM are you changing your gears at?

Hmm.. Also, please get the clutch adjusted... never use the clutch half else u'll burn it soon...

Do you have any firnd of your's who is an old bulleteer?
If yes, please doa sk him to ride your bike and check if the gears are actually bad or is it just the riding style.

As it's a new engine, do ride at ease... teh RPM shoudn't run too high not even between gears..

Well you might or might not be knowing about it, but still I though I'll mention it.

Regards
Samy
I dont have Tacho on this Mach.. I guess I'm just listening to the engine before I shift up/down
I use full clutch during the gear shift and ensure that I do not rev it while shifting gears... I had been to a long ride but never went beyond 60KPH yet on my bike...
However, I'm open if someone can ride with me and give me some tips..
Thank you..
Old 29th May 2007, 22:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Does anyone know if I change the silencer within the warranty period then it voids warranty or not!!
It doesn't...that was the first thing I did to my bull.
Old 31st May 2007, 03:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield - India - Motorcycles - Bullet Machismo 500
Old 1st June 2007, 13:26   #67
BHPian

Any body out there who could correctly guess when the new integrated engine is to be released in the Bullet
Old 1st June 2007, 15:03   #68
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Any body out there who could correctly guess when the new integrated engine is to be released in the Bullet
saw one pic on the net, undergoing tests now... not sure when that will be out. Speculation is October.
Old 1st June 2007, 17:43   #69
Senior - BHPian

Two years is more like it... It's gonna be launched abroad first, that's how they do it. AVL500 was available in the UK in 2004.
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:19   #70
BHPian

Wow....You see thats the latest ground breaking technology in the Two-wheeler industry...so RE needs time to do proper R&D, fine tune everything and release it so that it will define TECHNOLOGY in two wheeler market...so wait for 2-3 years before it sees Indian Road...
Old 3rd June 2007, 22:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Wow....You see thats the latest ground breaking technology in the Two-wheeler industry...so RE needs time to do proper R&D, fine tune everything and release it so that it will define TECHNOLOGY in two wheeler market...so wait for 2-3 years before it sees Indian Road...
you are serious or was that a joke?
Old 4th June 2007, 22:44   #72
BHPian

Vabs...RE and R&D and Technology is a SERIOUS JOKE...they never gel well ...LOL
Old 5th June 2007, 06:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Vabs...RE and R&D and Technology is a SERIOUS JOKE...they never gel well ...LOL
dude

and still you guys keep buying bullets... I don't understand..
any ways, I am out of here, I hope bajaj launches the 220
Old 5th June 2007, 07:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

I own one for about 12 days now and its getting better and better everyday.. I'm happy with my buy. I should be back with the short term ownership report in another few days or a month...
Old 5th June 2007, 10:02   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
dude

and still you guys keep buying bullets... I don't understand..
any ways, I am out of here, I hope bajaj launches the 220
You crib about your mom, you crib about your wife/GF how boring she is, how possesive she is, how irritating she is, how she cant stop talking bla bla bla...but you still love and live with her right?

Thats how the bullet is...its a Love for the Bullet and Hate for RE thats the relationship

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks