Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 21:00   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wageabond View Post
Wonderful, real world, long term review post! How would you rate the build quality, and would the bike last a decent amount of time with some bashing?
Thanks buddy!

Depends on your definition of decent amount of time. Iíll be personally happy if this thing doesnít fall apart in 5-6 years with my use case. Anything over that is a bonus for me. In other words, the build quality is pretty average and doesnít inspire confidence. If i compare it to my 10+ old Honda and Yamaha, Xpulse is just not there. Even the long term reliability remains to be seen if you ask me. One would buy this bike for many reasons but IMO build quality wouldnít be one of them.
camitesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 09:26   #137
KPR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
To summarize, I bought Xpulse as a stop-gap arrangement since I have some plans to upgrade to a large tourer soon. While buying the Xpulse, one thought was that I might sell-off the Xpulse once I upgrade to a bigger bike. However, it is a very difficult decision to let it go now considering itís the weapon of choice even for my city commutes (preferred over other two wheelers in my garage). Hero has done a good job with this one IMHO and I cant wait to see what they do with the larger Xpulse thatís on the cards. Cheers!
Well written real usage review. It is quite confidence inspiring.

I'm now in look out for a decent, cheap to own, maintain kind bike for my daily commute of 40km with a mix of 60-70% good highway roads and 30-40% average state highway roads. I'm 5'10" and I want front set foot pegs, a bit tall seating to take care of my comfort. Currently I ride a 2015 TB500 which is definitely comfortable with two criteria. Enough of RE and maintenance woes . I want to get rid of it. Period.

I'm oscillating between CB 200x for the smooth no nonsense Honda and Xpulse. Problem in my town is I'm not able to get TD bikes for more than 100-200m. In fact they don't even have a TD bike.

Any suggestion here? All I need is a trouble free, less drinking (~40+ kmpl), bike. It has to be either CB 200x or Xpulse. I'm not interested in any other.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 10:32   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post

I'm oscillating between CB 200x for the smooth no nonsense Honda and Xpulse. Problem in my town is I'm not able to get TD bikes for more than 100-200m. In fact they don't even have a TD bike.

Any suggestion here? All I need is a trouble free, less drinking (~40+ kmpl), bike. It has to be either CB 200x or Xpulse. I'm not interested in any other.
A good test ride would have been easier to make that decision. Nevertheless, since youíre looking for trouble free I would nudge more towards CB200x. Since your daily running is pretty good and most of it on highways, it would be desirable to have a tubeless tyre. Iím bit biased towards Honda here considering my years of experience with Honda.

On a side note, Xpulse may not be suitable for everyone, I suggest you read through this thread (Hero Xpulse with Rally Kit is not a fun bike) if youíve not been through it already and take a judicious call
camitesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:06   #139
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. This bike is an excellent pocket rocket.

I am a proud Himalayan BS4 owner and happy with the bike so far except the weight which is felt sometimes. Itís my workhorse. I always wonder while looking at the x pulse about the sleekness and ease of handling. It will be very interesting to see what Hero offers with x pulse 400. Having a great experience of Dakar; there will be serious offering from Hero. Also they can surprise with the price too.

I am definitely going to check both the upcoming products- the x pulse 400 and Himalayan 450.

Keep posting.

Cheers
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 11:23   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Well written real usage review. It is quite confidence inspiring.

I'm now in look out for a decent, cheap to own, maintain kind bike for my daily commute of 40km with a mix of 60-70% good highway roads and 30-40% average state highway roads. I'm 5'10" and I want front set foot pegs, a bit tall seating to take care of my comfort. Currently I ride a 2015 TB500 which is definitely comfortable with two criteria. Enough of RE and maintenance woes . I want to get rid of it. Period.

Having test driven both the XPulse 4V and CB200x, here is some inputs to help with decision.

The CB200x has a very firm suspension (almost to the point of bother). It is essentially a Hornet 2.0 with a taller handle bar and fairing styled like a CB500x.

The XPulse 4V is fairly reliable by itself. There aren't too many complaints as such. Hero aftersales is also marginally better than Honda.

Honda's workshops exist primarily to serve Activas by the hundreds. Small volume bikes like the 200x will not get the necessary attention.

For your usage, both machines will have similar cruising speeds (80-90 kmph) with occasional bursts of 100 kmph. With the 4V, XPulse is almost as refined as 200x.

The 200x may give slightly better mileage (5-6 kmpl) due to lower weight and Honda's inherent efficient design.

The 200x "blends-in" and does not look out of place riding it to office in work-wear. The 4V is more "loud" - graphics and sheer stance.

Beyond all these, the XPulse 4V has a certain character that is difficult to achieve. The 200x feels inert. The 4V feels "alive". I don't remember having s a long smile under my helmet for such a long time, while riding the 4V.

My pick would be the 4V.
Aragorn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 22:34   #141
BHPian

Looks like Hero is doing a silent ECU software update for all xPulse 4v going to service centers. Got this info from a YouTube video. I have been getting service due reminders from the service center, but have not been told that they will update the ECU too.

Apparently, there are a few owners who are facing inconsistent fuelling issues. My xPulse fuel pump has already been replaced once under warranty, and though the inconsistency is not as pronounced as earlier, it can still be felt on some occassions.

The ECU update is aimed to iron out this issue as per the video.

Any 4v owners have a clue on this? I'll anyways get this confirmed from my service center supervisor on Monday.

Here's the video I referred to:

five46 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed