Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2023, 23:27   #151
BHPian

Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Any idea when Hero plans launching a bigger Xpulse?
Old 21st June 2023, 15:34   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
nothing official from Hero but casual discussions with dealers indicate only a 2024 launch.
adises is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 15:58   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_20230621_155448.jpg

So much for the launch of Bigger Xpulse
aviator1101 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 11:07   #154
BHPian

This is much better than releasing them earlier with a bunch of niggles. But so looking forward to seeing the bigger version of the XPulse. This kind of negates the current gen's cons of a smaller engine, not really a touring machine + I hope they do something for the seat comfort would love to see that happen!
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 07:50   #155

Hi all, I have to replace the battery in my 2019 xpulse 200FI. Are there any suggestions? The stock battery is 6AH. I want to use a 7AH. I think that extra juice would benefit the eltron fog lights and after market indicators I have fitted.
Old 18th September 2023, 20:11   #156
BHPian

Bumping up this thread since there are no Xpulse threads active, but I know people are riding.

This is a ride to Panikot lake, Faridabad. Great place but not populated, good for trail apart from usual Leopard Trail route.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20230916093101.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-20230916_094526.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20230916093920.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img20230916091113.jpg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-20230916_074636.jpg  

SidharthaN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 23:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

I've recently got one. Decided not to wait for the bigger XPulse but enjoy the current edition that is VFM and decently refined in recent times.

I've thought of using this motorcycle for riding backcountry roads, The Great Indian Trails routes, some dirt roads and trails close to my place in the outskirts of Bangalore, my frequent visits to farmland through country roads.

I wasn't so sure about the touring part. However, after riding this for a week, its more or less clear that its not for touring. It may work out for a very lightly loaded, solo rides to some interiors though.

I own Machismo 500 (2008) and an RE Himalayan BS4 (2018). I decided to do something different with the motorcycles rather than just sitting on the saddle and twisting the accelerator, this time. I thought this would be a fun motorcycle to take off the pavement and learn some new skills. Starting with the skills around riding tall motorcycles, and its fun!

I read the thread about 'Xpulse 200 4V Rally Edition, not a fun bike' and some part of it felt like a challenge. I decided to take a test ride, the graphics of the Pro edition is such a beauty! I ended up riding one home that day.

The dealership experience was okay, I was not expecting great things so did not disappoint me except that they broke their screw driver head and leaving debris in the screw groves while trying to open the screws on windshield (they wanted to get a tag off of that place which sales guy dropped in there). I asked them to leave it and not fight it out to break something in the process. They promised me to replace the two broken screws at the time when I visit to get the registration plate.

I rode around a 300+ kms in the outskirts during last 3-4 days. Although the engine sounds so puny, compared to other small motorcycles I ride, its very confidence inspiring when off the pavement. I feel it's a good motorcycle even for regular commuting in the city like Bangalore with bad road conditions in certain areas. One may have to get used to the seat height and learn needed skills on how to handle it in the stop and go traffic, mounting, dismounting and few more. However, those are something that can be learned and it'd be fun learning those new skills.

Front suspensions were not adjusted to Std settings per the manual, compression was 15 and rebound was 19 or so. I've set them to 14 clicks today and going to try for a few days before I start making any further changes and understand how they work in various conditions. Rear suspension feels a bit stiffer, going to take a look at it later, not tried to adjust it yet. Do you folks do that adjustment on your own or rely on service center to help you with that!?

The Store manager /dealership was telling me that for the new lot of the motorcycle the service interval has now been set to 6K kms and not the 3K kms as it was earlier. I asked service advisor in the service center of the same dealership and he told me that the service interval is still 3K kms. I see the manual too suggests its 3K kms. If any of you have any updates on this, please share. I believe the oil change is every 4th service (except the first one), that means every 12k kms!?

I found the brakes to be decently okay, I feel the front brakes have good bite though it does it with some weird feeling, guess I need to give it some time to break-in before making these comments.

Engine response is pretty nice, 1st and 2nd gears are short, 3rd sounds very good for some decent speeds on dirt track. top end is not that great, it runs out of horses at lower speeds than I expected. I'm running it really hard, in dragging it all the way to high RPMs in all the gears. I'd take a look at the response later post 1K kms. However, not expecting things to change much and that's fine since I did not have any expectations of doing high speed touring on this one.

I'm 173-176cms. However, decent inseam height and dont find much issues handling it(tip-toe on both the sides). Many folks keep talking about its height and people under certain height should not consider it etc.. I think that's a wrong mindset, not the height but inseam is what would make the difference. Also, quickly jumping over either sides would let you handle it just fine, with the low/manageable weight of the motorcycle, it wont be a difficult thing.

I was thinking of getting footpegs from KTM 390 Adv, but then I see Motourenn rally footpegs and thinking of getting that to replace the stock one. If anyone is using, please share your experience. If there are other options, please feel free to share. I'd love to get something on the tank so that I can grip the tank better.
Do you guys feel the footpegs are slightly towards the front wheel than right under the bums? I see Himalayan footpegs are slightly behind when compared to this one and seems to have better position when standing up, allows you to leave slightly more space between the core and handlebar, giving more flexibility and room to do things.

I'm planning to see if I can get better brake and clutch levers, if I can get adjustable ones, better!? Please suggest if you guys have been using an option that is tried and tested on xpulse. I feel that would really help learning new skills on clutch and throttle control. Also, would love to replace the knuckle guards with the plain metal ones if I can find something in the market, along with better mirrors (and a waterproof seat cover). That's about it, rest of the things, I'm planning to keep stock and not in a mood to make much changes to already great looking motorcycle.
I assume many of the owners use this thread to share their experiences, I'd keep going over this as and when I get time. Thanks.
Edit: I'd like to add that its a looker! I see many folks checking it out, asking about it, wherever I park, I feel I'm checking it out more than others! I was riding besides a Maruti car, not sure if it was alto or zen, I could see only the passenger (I was riding at passenger side) and can't see anything of driver, felt like a horseback ride. I saw another rider with xpulse 200 4v Pro zooming pass other vehicles while I was waiting to get on the main road, all the other vehicles looked quite short, more than I imagined, surprisingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-xplusepro.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 1st November 2023 at 22:31. Reason: Hyperlink added
Ketan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 13:10   #158
Senior - BHPian

I've got the following footpeg hangers from JCMoto and Dino chain lube wax. The motorcycle is in the first service and would try to fix the hangers myself once its back. One thing I may have to go out is to get the brake bled with an expert mechanic or at Hero ASC.

https://www.jcmoto.in/product-page/j...otrest-hangers

Once the ergonomics are fixed, I'd see if I can join the local groups are going for trails and dirt tracks nearby, may be checking with BigRock for any beginners training sessions that I can learn from.
I'd continue to look for better footpegs, brake/clutch levers to make it slightly more ergo, efficient on trails.
Anyone has thought of adding a better, stronger side stand? The current one is decent but I see it may deteriorate if I one uses it a lot to mount/dismount. I've been learning a bit of cowboy mount/dismount and some more basic skills, overall it's fun!

From the user manual, I see the payload mentioned is just 130kg, I was surprised, this clearly means its not for pillion riding, at max one can add some luggage. Going to look for a decent soft luggage and would not load it with panniers/top box as I did with my Himalayan in the past. This motorcycle (any any for that matter) is so much fun with its light weight and wouldn't want to load it much, it'd surely have an impact on the fun factor if loaded.

We got a chance to go for a short ride with my son and few friends, it's been a great experience so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.40.59.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.42.26.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.42.27-1.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.42.27-2.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.42.28-1.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.48.29.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.48.30.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-whatsapp-image-20230930-16.48.32.jpeg  

Ketan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 19:42   #159
BHPian

Thanks to multiple reviews from fellow BHPians (and also other online reviews), I have taken the plunge: I booked Xpulse 200 4V Pro today evening and taking delivery tomorrow afternoon. My use case is to use as City Commuter in non-existent Bengaluru roads. I am 6 feet tall, so height was never an issue and I wanted the bike with best suspension this side of 8-10 lakhs. Of all the bikes I test rode, nothing connected with my feelings than XPulse Pro!

More details here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5637573 (The "I Booked my Bike / Scooter" Thread)

Look forward to sharing my experiences and get help from fellow XPulse owners on this forum.
Now, bring on all the potholes on BLR roads !!!

daretodream

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-xpulse-pro.jpg
daretodream is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 21:36   #160
BHPian

Has anyone tried the xpulse pro or rally kit with stock xpulse rear mono shock? How's the balance with this setup? Asking wrt more accessible reach to the ground while having adjustabilty at the front.
Old 4th October 2023, 23:07   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
Has anyone tried the xpulse pro or rally kit with stock xpulse rear mono shock? How's the balance with this setup? Asking wrt more accessible reach to the ground while having adjustabilty at the front.
Yes there are some who have done it. Specifically shorter riders recommend doing this. My suggestion is keep this setup and learn how to mount, dismount and use one leg to keep urself upright by getting your rear end off the saddle. The perks of the added ground clearance and adjustable suspension on varied terrain while riding is worth it. You can also try using boots to maybe give you some height if you are short.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 10:49   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Yes there are some who have done it. Specifically shorter riders recommend doing this. My suggestion is keep this setup and learn how to mount, dismount and use one leg to keep urself upright by getting your rear end off the saddle. The perks of the added ground clearance and adjustable suspension on varied terrain while riding is worth it. You can also try using boots to maybe give you some height if you are short.

So the recommended approach would be to buy a xpulse pro and change the rear to standard monoshock or buy standard xpulse and purchase the rally kit?

P.s it's for a friend who'll be using it for daily commutes and weekend off-road. He's around 5.7 5.8.
Old 5th October 2023, 12:56   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
So the recommended approach would be to buy a xpulse pro and change the rear to standard monoshock or buy standard xpulse and purchase the rally kit?

P.s it's for a friend who'll be using it for daily commutes and weekend off-road. He's around 5.7 5.8.
The approach I would recommend would be to first test ride both bikes and see which one he prefers.

If he prefers the standard version then go with that and spend extra on certain components - with the standard version he could go with the following from the overall rally kit, some of which are not part of the Pro:
- Adjustable front suspension
- Handle bar risers
- Rally seat (not part of the Pro)
- Off-road tyres (not part of the Pro)

This way the swing arm and rear suspension does not need to be disassembled to be changed - only the front does which is simpler.

Cost here would be slightly more expensive than the Pro. In Bangalore the std version is around 1.87 on road. The pro is 1.99 on road - the adjustable front and rear suspension on the Pro together cost more than the difference in price between the Std and the Pro.

If he goes with the Pro
- He could just learn how to ride it and live with it for no extra cost.
- He could change the adjustable rear suspension back to standard - which would be redundant on the Pro if you ask me.
- Knobby offroad tires

You can check the Hero accessories website to get an idea about prices for these parts.

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 5th October 2023 at 13:01.
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 09:54   #164
BHPian

Congrats on your new bike! The Xpulse is a surprisingly versatile platform that works very well as a do it all motorcycle. But, there's a troubling issue with the throttle calibration and gearing of the bike that makes it irksome to ride in the city. The first two gears are way too short to ride comfortably in the city. This problem compounds when you hit really technical sections on the trail, or even a monsoon bombed rural road. Add to that the abrupt fueling and the bike becomes very temperamental to ride at low speeds. This is a major deterrent in Bangalore traffic conditions.

I would highly recommend a remap to fix the fueling and maybe consider changing the gear ratios for slightly taller gearing. A stop gap fix could be changing the rear sprocket, but these will void your warranty. If you plan to hang on to your bike for a long time and are mechanically inclined, making the aforementioned changes will improve your experience by miles.

Happy riding!
Sensible_Speed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 17:37   #165
BHPian

Hello good folks of Team-BHP,

Got my XPulse 200 4V a few months ago. Wasn't able to ride much to due to monsoon and other work related travel. With monsoon slowly reducing, started clocking some mileage and the machine crossed 1200 kms recently. Will open up a detailed initial ownership thread soon - but some starter thoughts and pictures for all.

What I love:
- Makes you feel like a king - sitting eye to eye with SUVs and crossovers on the road!
- The smiles on people's faces (especially young ones) at traffic junctions
- Travel at 60 kmph but feel like a million bucks due to the nature of the machine
- Make every speed bump and pot hole a source of joy - stand-up and whizz past!
- Cheap to buy (not so cheap to run - but more on that later)
- Brilliant chassis set-up which lets you enjoy the twisties and off-road equally

What I like:
- Likeable engine with good low-end and mid-range grunt - nicer exhaust please!
- Good aftermarket support for parts and modifications - plenty of potential for modification
- Can keep-up on 2-lane highways at 85-90 kmph with a 10 kmph reserve for overtakes

What I dislike:
- Jerky low speed engine behaviour as fuelling is cut out immediately on throttle release
- Hero offering very little accessory support - RE makes a killing in this area!
- Strictly for 1 rider + light luggage touring in stock condition (more on this later)

Please feel free to leave questions which you may have about the motorcycle. Will address them as I compose the ownership thread.

Have made some basic mechanical modifications and visual changes - but like I said - this is a machine which has lot of modification potential. It will evolve with ownership.
Attached Thumbnails
Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_2899.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_2895.jpeg  

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-img_2896.jpeg  

Aragorn is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks