Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 02:36   #46
BHPian

Re: Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEss View Post
I don't know if everyone feels stressed at redline. In my Impulse with the race concepts big bore kit, I would constantly ride near redline at near its top speed for hundreds of kilometres without getting stressed or fatigued myself.
Me too, but, for me, both my motorcycles are smooth enough to tolerate even at 8000 revs. So, I don't know if that counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
there are numerous and varied bottlenecks that equalise all, Ducati or Hero (in my experience).
Nicely put.

Quote:
It felt like it could cruise at 90 just fine (maybe even more) and maybe the 4V can do at 100. In my eyes it's the perfect bike then for roads here, light, very comfortable suspension, and still fun to throw around.
Oh, yes. If people want to complain about the xpulse being inadequate on smooth, straight, multi lane highways, they're either picking up the wrong bike for the job or they're lacking imagination as to what they can do with the bike.

These things are atrociously fun to rev up, shift up and down, and just blast through all kinds of road conditions on city streets, smaller highways, winding roads, rural roads, trails etc while caring far less than you would on a road bike. They ooze out fun anywhere but the wide straight multilane highway.

I vividly remember one time when I was on my impulse, inadvertently taking what seemed like a 50-80 km section of ugly, battered, banged up so-called highway that was also under repair\widening works on the way back from TN.

BUT that turned out to be serious fun and mine was the fastest bike on the stretch amidst the company of a couple bigger roadbikes.

I was gulping down potholes for breakfast, speeding across impromptu speed-breakers for lunch. And for dinner, I was switching onto the very bumpy and loose mud\gravel runoffs at speed to overtake buses and trucks that were hogging the narrowed up roads and also my fellow riders who thought they'd have the last laugh with their extra CCs. Heck, I was skipping entire series of temporary chicanes, few S bends and one hairpin while running off the road.

I know I wouldn't have dared that on a roadbike. The other roadbikes caught up to me I think only about 15-30 minutes later as I was once again pottering along in mind-numbing slow motion at the cruising pace of 65-70kmph on the wide 6 lane highway after that stretch.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 18th October 2021 at 02:41.
drt_rdr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 03:08   #47
BHPian

Sweet.

The XPulse gets a 4V head, perfect timing for me considering that I'm a few months away from getting my license .

This beast should be one hell of a bike given the surge of aftermarket support for the XPulse both in terms of Cosmetics and Performance.
Old 20th October 2021, 08:33   #48
BHPian

Almost 2 weeks after launch of 4v and i am yet to come across a review. I registered for test drive and what I get in whatsapp from that dealer is current offers which are valid till november 7th for their scooters and extreme 160. Not sure when we can get to see reviews let alone doing own test drive. No i am not generally carried away with reviews but I always think it's an indicator of vehicle availability for general test drive.
Old 20th October 2021, 10:20   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I had registered as well, and all I got call is for xtreme 160 couple of times, no idea how they decided I wanted xtreme 160 when I clearly registered on xpulse page. The news though is that the bike is not even in transit yet to dealership and they will get back to me once they have the bike.

I have decided to push my purchase for next year anyway, rather get a 2022 bike now, so will get in touch with them again sometime late Jan.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 15:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I have decided to push my purchase for next year anyway, rather get a 2022 bike now, so will get in touch with them again sometime late Jan.
Same here AtheK. I was actually in a mood to keep my current thunderbird (13 year old) for local family ride (taking my daughters to their classes or assisting my wife/mom to local circle) and wanted to go in for a newer one which I can use for longer ride. I wanted something easy to maintain unlike the thunderbird and was so much hopeful to look at this 4v.
OT : For those who are looking at xtreme 160, this could be the time as xtreme160 seems to be given with good offers now.
Old 23rd October 2021, 11:32   #51
BHPian

Went to a couple local showrooms recently hoping to check out the 4V. Sales staff said the bikes are not due to arrive until January.

I'm guessing showrooms are hoping to clear out existing inventory during festival season and then bring the 4Vs in. Didn't ask for prices on the exiting models but I'm guessing they'll give a bit more than the usual paltry festive discounts if I push for it.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 23rd October 2021 at 11:33.
Old 25th October 2021, 12:45   #52
BHPian

Here's a low video quality first impression from someone.
Old 27th October 2021, 10:55   #53
BHPian

I am looking for getting a new bike for sometime now. This is there in my list and I have been crazy to go and comment in their youtube channel and also registered twice in their website for TD. I am not in FB, instagram or twitter and so not trying those channels
So far I haven't got any replies or callback. Not sure if this Xpulse 200 4v is also hit by the global demand of chips as there is not even a proper road test review or TD bikes made available.
Old 31st October 2021, 01:13   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

The guy is able to take it to 115+ with a lot of effort, bike though seems to touch 80+ with very less effort. I am guessing the sweet spot will be 80-90 to cruise and still power available for overtake, though might need planning.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 20:31   #55
BHPian

Any BS4/BS6 owner who has ridden the 4V? What is your experience? The rear sprocket is a lot larger on the 4V.
Old 18th November 2021, 10:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Any BS4/BS6 owner who has ridden the 4V? What is your experience? The rear sprocket is a lot larger on the 4V.
I've not ridden but talked with one who had, and spent some time looking over a trio of new Xpulse 200T (touring version) up here yesterday morning; They were up here for filming and had one of the local showroom guys along, whom I've known for a long time. He'd been riding around all over the place the day before, and said there was a small difference in power vs. the previous model, but that it was very noticeably smoother - And that would be great, because riding the original X-Pulse alongside my Impulse, I felt it was kinda vibey, comparatively rough.

They now include a sizeable oil-cooler, which overall seems a good idea, though in an ADV context it's a bit of a double-edged sword, considering there are extra (and critical) exposed lines to rupture / be vandalized, and a (in this case) big and rather exposed radiator to get punctured by stray stones, etc... My DR350 uses the chassis itself as an oil reservoir/cooler which is a pretty great idea, though it would seem odd and slightly alarming for the uninitiated to have their frame get scalding hot after a long hard run.

Color schemes on these new ones look great, btw, but I was not permitted to take photos...

Not sure smoothness could come from the 4v head itself, so while rest of engine looks about identical to the old one (even the 150's), will assume much of the development has come through improved engine management and maybe tweaks to the balance shaft, possibly a marginally heavier crank, etc.

-Eric

Last edited by ringoism : 18th November 2021 at 10:49.
ringoism is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 13:09   #57
BHPian

This is what happens when the Xpulse 200 goes to the gym and shoots some 'roids..

You get a BMW R9T Urban GS!

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-rdt_20211125_1305115317031438764760209.jpg

Hero XPulse 200 4V launched in India at Rs. 1.28 lakh-heroxpulse2004vfrontquarterright.jpg

Last edited by Sudarshan42 : 25th November 2021 at 13:12.
Sudarshan42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:59   #58
BHPian

The reviews are coming out,

Revised gearing and final drive with a 45 teeth rear sprocket was a surprise to me.

Hoping test ride vehicles will be available sooner as media bikes are here.

Ride safe,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 12:40   #59
BHPian

Is this the rally kit variant that was rumoured?

Doesn't look road legal though. No taillight, indicators, meters, number plates or a provision for them. At least, it's going to be a nice, cheaper alternative to the japanese dirt bikes if they plan to sell this.

I'm guessing they're still going to sell the rally kit separately for people who want a road legal bike.
drt_rdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 13:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
1. Better fueling - a lot smoother
2. Slightly longer first gear
3. Better top end

All in all, a better buy that the Jan-21 version that I have, but not sure if the premium is justified.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks