Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 16:23   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Another issue surfacing online here ! The customer riding an Ola electric scooter was forced to jump off the scooter after the EV accelerated abruptly. A video has surfaced online where the frustrated customer is seen hitting the Ola scooter with a stick after the incident.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy-lB...E-31666EA62064

Wonder whether beating the scooter in this fashion will make it perform better? Or will it make the poor scooter seek a pardon and repent for accelerating abruptly ?

The news:-

https://www.cartoq.com/frustrated-ol...bruptly-video/
Old 27th November 2023, 23:33   #947
BHPian

Iam trying to extract the maximum range in normal mode from my s1. Full charge shows a normal mode range of 102kms. But more or less able to get a range of 110-120kms with battery usage of 85%. I usually charge it once it reaches 15%. Sharing a snapshot below. Can the other users share what is the normal range that they are able to get from their ola s1 models ?(Not pro )
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20231127_232322.jpg  

Ev_junkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 06:36   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev_junkie View Post
Iam trying to extract the maximum range in normal mode from my s1. Full charge shows a normal mode range of 102kms. But more or less able to get a range of 110-120kms with battery usage of 85%. I usually charge it once it reaches 15%. Sharing a snapshot below. Can the other users share what is the normal range that they are able to get from their ola s1 models ?(Not pro )
Are you getting 110-120 in eco mode? If so, that's reasonable and good. If you are getting this in normal mode, that's unbelievable!!!

I have an S1 and usually get about 85km by the time I get to 15%. So that's almost exactly a 1km per percent or sometimes a tad less than that too.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:29   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Are you getting 110-120 in eco mode? If so, that's reasonable and good. If you are getting this in normal mode, that's unbelievable!!!

I have an S1 and usually get about 85km by the time I get to 15%. So that's almost exactly a 1km per percent or sometimes a tad less than that too.
My daily ride of 50Km leaves me with around 60% or more charge, when I start with a full charge, while riding in Sports mode. I don't ride for maximum range nor do I ride very aggressively. I just ride it just as I rode normal scooters. So achieving 1km or more per each 1% charge is very much possible. My experience after riding in both Normal and Sports modes considerably suggests riding in Sports mode is as good for range as is Normal mode if one rides normally. The advantage with Sports mode is we have power on tap and the motor is very stress free around 40km - 60km mark where Normal mode would put more stress on the motor. This observation is with S1pro model of course and over 6000 kms.
vamsi.kona is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:54   #950
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah this is with Normal mode only. I only ever ride in eco when the scooter forcibly shifts to Eco mode once the charge drops to 15%. I use no regen by default and use force regen for braking around 60% of the time. Of course this is with sedate riding with speeds ranging 40-50.
Ev_junkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 16:51   #951
BHPian

Finally after nearly 8000 kilometres both of my Brake pads F/R gave up. The bike started giving a weird noise when braking. Initially thought it was some mud in the pads and did a thorough wash, but the problem persisted and the sound increased after a day. Booked an appointment at the nearest experience center and was told brake pads gave up and need to be replaced. Both F/R was replaced and at this time I found that Some Company named ADVIK made the caliper for the disc. Never heard of this company and all I can do is hope its good. It costed me 1400 bucks to get this replaced and now it's smooth riding.

Had I taken the OLA care thing it would have been feee of cost for me but I didn't take it.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 14:23   #952
BHPian

Anyone here have any information about the life of the battery in terms of the kilometers it can run over its lifetime without losing significant performance or range?

The official ola website only says that the battery is good for a period of 7years. I saw a post recently where someone drove the ather for 70000kms and did not see any drop in battery range. Furthermore Ather claims that their batteries can last 1lakh kms.
Old 4th January 2024, 08:07   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev_junkie View Post
The official ola website only says that the battery is good for a period of 7years.
Just 7 years? That's disappointing. It would be wise to ride the Ola to a certain numberof kilometers at which you would have recovered the purchase cost thanks to money saved from fueling the scooter and sell it before 7 years. I can't imagine the headaches one has to come across after 7 years when there will be no warranty on the scooter.

Also, does anyone have an idea on when moveOS4 update will rollout?? Bhavish as usual lied to the customers that it will rollout in December, which obviously isn't the case. I had a thought that maybe they will roll it out on Republic day to make random headlines.
Old 4th January 2024, 18:33   #954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzaper View Post
Just 7 years? That's disappointing. It would be wise to ride the Ola to a certain numberof kilometers at which you would have recovered the purchase cost thanks to money saved from fueling the scooter and sell it before 7 years. I can't imagine the headaches one has to come across after 7 years when there will be no warranty on the scooter.
7 years is a very long time, by that time the cost of battery will reduce to acceptable figure and will be feasible to replace the battery rather than scraping or selling the scooter.

Last edited by graaja : 4th January 2024 at 18:45. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part of a post
Old 9th January 2024, 14:56   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzaper View Post

Also, does anyone have an idea on when moveOS4 update will rollout?? Bhavish as usual lied to the customers that it will rollout in December, which obviously isn't the case. I had a thought that maybe they will roll it out on Republic day to make random headlines.

I don't think 7 years is the max life of battery, rather the time before which one needn't expect any downgrade in performance. Even after 7 years it's not like the battery will be useless, more like the performance/range will drop. How much will that be only time can tell.

I have seen quite a few scooters with OS4. I received a few messages to upgrade to OS4 but didn't opt as OS3 was stable enough for me and I wanted any bugs in OS4 to be sorted out by the beta users.
vamsi.kona is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 11:10   #956
BHPian

Looks like things are finally moving. I hope the rollout of the update will be streamlined and everyone will get it at the same time(with hopefully no problems).
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20240115_181350_ola-electric.jpg
Old 31st January 2024, 17:41   #957

Hello Friends,

I was hoping that OLA update MoveOS-4 would resolve S1 Pro problem of getting switched off on signal if it is put in parking mode for more than half minute; but nothing seem to have been done in that regard. My year long problem is that while I am waiting at Signal to turn it to green for a minute or two, I turn it to parking mode just to save battery which otherwise gets wasted as headlights remain turned on. But sadly S1 Pro gets automatically switched off right after maybe 20 seconds or so.

Does anyone know any settings/hack/trick by which one can keep S1 Pro in P mode without getting it switched off for as long as one wants it to be ?

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st January 2024 at 18:54. Reason: spacing and formatting
Old 31st January 2024, 22:48   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusterBoy View Post
I turn it to parking mode just to save battery which otherwise gets wasted as headlights remain turned on.
I don't think you are saving any thing much by doing so. Just to give an idea, when accelerating nominally (not in sports mode) my Ola's power consumption is about 1 to 2 kw. The Led bulb is in the range of tens of watts. It's nearly negligible. Don't bother and enjoy your vehicle.
Old 1st February 2024, 09:19   #959
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think you are saving any thing much by doing so..
I also have same opinion. I'm sure you could easily save the power loss because of LED lights with help of Regen Braking. Enjoy your ride...
tech_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:53   #960
Senior - BHPian

Was saddened to see an abandoned S1 Pro in Bangalore. The rear view mirrors were missing but otherwise seemed to be in good nick. Guess it will be a matter of time before it is fully vandalised
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_2809.jpeg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_2810.jpeg  

Last edited by dinu2506 : 2nd February 2024 at 14:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks