Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2004, 21:43   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ April 10 2004,16:50)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Honda dax 50 cc (when I was 5)
Suzuki vanvan 75cc (8)
Suzuki AP50
Kawasaki KH250
Yamaha DT175
Suzuki GT750 (2stroke triple)
Honda SL125
Yamaha RD125
Yamaha GX400
Honda CB400N
Honda XL125S
Honda XL250R
Honda CB750F
Honda VFR400RR (Proam)
Suzuki Hayabusa
BMW F650
Suzuki GSXR1000
Honda XLV1000 Varadero
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Kawasaki ZX12
Honda GL1800A GoldWing
Suzuki DL1000 - V Strom (Current)
BMW C1/200 - scooter (Current)
Honda TRX250 -ATV (Current)
Now you really dig two wheels, dont you? *How come this fascination with bikes at such a young age? Biker Father? Big Brother?

GTO
Father and grandfather.......son's getting the itch now....only sixteen....wants a gsxr600!!
Old 10th April 2004, 21:50   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]only sixteen....wants a gsxr600!!
Kids these days. I learnt how to drive in a petrol fiat with a hole in the flooring. My bro? The Honda Vtec!

GTO
Old 10th April 2004, 21:58   #18
BHPian

Atleast GTO, the Fiat was a Rear Wheel Drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]"If its not rear-wheel drive, its probably not worth driving either!!"
Old 11th April 2004, 04:23   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Rtech - "Broke my heart to sell her, but I made 600$ on the deal. Some consilation!" hahaha....america...strange country. I have two bicycles here...bought them for $5 each.. will try to sell them for a profit too ;-P

"but am always on the look out for a nice project bike. Adil...if you know of anything, do IM me pleeeeaaaaaasse!! I'll take your leftovers anyday !!"

Theres a CB750F in "paan gali", (the gali between cumbala hill hospital and hughes road). Its just been lying around, the owner doesnt even use it...but the mechanic who takes care of the bike sometimes uses it. The CB750F has a nice inline 4cyl DOHC, only pain is it has four carbs so its difficult to tune. The guy who owns it lives in a dreamworld and was asking for 1.75L the last time i checked... but maybe he has come to his senses.check it out. Cant say the bike is in great condition, when me and my friend were looking at it, it hadnt been started for a looong time, and when we got it started it was missing a bit and spitting rust outta the tailpipes~!

Hey PS, i had a BMX with blue plastic spokes man..bmx 555. Those were some sweet bikes ;-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Atleast GTO, the Fiat was a Rear Wheel Drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]"If its not rear-wheel drive, its probably not worth driving either!!"
Hahaahah....abt the Vtec..im sure GTO will agree that every rule has an exception. ;-]

cya
R
Old 11th April 2004, 04:25   #20

Wow! havent even heard of half the bikes here and i call myself a bike lover. Anyway first one was my father's bajaj scooter (25 years old had only 3 gears).
2nd brother's kinetic marvel (sucks big time)
3rd would have been the new machismo but the 82000 price tag sort of got to my dad so settled for the 180 pulsar.

Dream bike harley davidson v-rod (if ever have enough money)
Old 11th April 2004, 05:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey PS Does your friend own Matchless Automobiles??

Cheers
Old 11th April 2004, 13:13   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Atleast GTO, the Fiat was a Rear Wheel Drive!
Well, What can I say to that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Some consilation!" hahaha....america...strange country
Strange, you bet. When my Mba program commenced, I picked up a 1993 Accord EX for $3200. It had covered 90000 miles when I bought her, and thats like 150,000 kms pal. I used her for two years in Bostons famous annual siestas which consist of rain, snow and really terrible heat!! The car didnt so much as hiccup once, drove to NY, philadelhia, NJ, the Cape...all over. I only changed the lubes as per recommendations, installed a K&N and upgraded the tyres to Bridgestone Potenzas. When it was time to come back home, the meter clocked in at 115,000 miles. Guess how much I sold it for? $3200 to the last dollar. Life indeed has some strange experiences.

GTO
Old 11th April 2004, 14:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have two bicycles here...bought them for $5 each.. will try to sell them for a profit too ;-P
Hey Rehaan do they have brakes??

Cheers
Old 11th April 2004, 15:00   #24
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The CB750F has a nice inline 4cyl DOHC,
The CB750 was the worlds first superbike. I've seen one in Bandra. Sounded cool.
I've never seen a GT350 triple but have heard that the GT350 was a nice competitor to the RD350 in its times. I've seen a Vanvan at Central Garage, mumbai cenral.
Hey adil, any pics of the GT350 ?
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2004, 15:03   #25
Team-BHP Support

Dippy,

Hahaha..... #$#@$..
Actually one does and one doesnt... *but i bought the one that doesnt to use for spare parts and have lent the seat to some1 who used it on their sled..so dont worry i wont be riding it! *

GTO - I am being encouraged to buy a car here..... but i dont want to as i dont REALLY need one and i feel bad spending another $2000+++ on a car, while aldready attending a college that aldready costs an SLK a year. Was thinking about buying a nice mountainbike instead... but then i would feel stupid spending $1500 on a mountainbike
BUT, now your little story has shone a ray of light into my dark car-less world

cya
Rehaan
Old 11th April 2004, 15:26   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 10 2004,18:04)]
rd 350(ht)(white colour)
rd350(lt)(red colour)(dad had both for abt 6 years, then sold them off)
harley sportster(had for 3 months)

love these bikes to a core and have a diff helmet for these bikes!
now heres a true RD guy. tell us abt it aadix. any pics of them. and also tell us abt the SPortster. was it the 600cc?? Or the 1200??
And do u really have so many helmets???
Old 11th April 2004, 19:47   #27
BHPian

Own a CBR929RR. 2000 model and used to own a CB400 Honda
Old 12th April 2004, 08:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

hey v12
u cant call me a true rd guy, i just rode them one or twice, but used to take many backseat rides, get dropped to school,etc
u can call muh dad or my dad's younger bro true rd guys

my dad has total of 4 brothers, and upto say abt 5 years back we were all a joint family,( *you could call these bike as family bikes along with "2 mini rajdoots", and 2 yezdi roadkings and the two bulls) so for all the brothers biking was a massive hobby. and they used to buy and sell bikes , so they had many types of bikes, but the two rds and one *of roadking were the bikes they never sold, when the family split up all the bikes were disposed of , each of the brothers going their own way, thats when my uncle(ie my dad's younger bro took away the rds, and another bro the roadking and one bullet, another the 500 )
the harley was a 883 cubic inches??? how many ccs would that be ??(need to ask my dad) *asfar as i remeber, was say abt 11 when we had the harley, and used to take back seat rides on it every sunday, heck those 6 months we had was pure nirvana
then dad decided that he couldnt afford to maintain it, so he sold it to his friend, who in turn sold it to some guy from banglore, heck it didnt have registration then for me to remeber its no and track it down now
will try to get some info from my dad.......
they used take the pics of the every bike they bought, need to find out which bro has that album
all haywire after the split up.
will first look for the pics of harley

you could call me a bullet guy

learnt my biking fully on a bullet 500!
as of now use my bro's bull or my dad's maschimo when i i want to, but would personally hate to drive it every day! u see unlike my dad and my cousins i aint 6 feet +
(thats the main reaon for me buying the elim)
my fav bullet would be the lightning 535, but the one i would kill for would be the lightning 500 or the 650 cc plus(the red one in the od mag looong time ago)

well abt my helmets(totally 5), i meant the current bikes, ie the ones which r in the list of"my bikes"
have two helmets for the elim, one is *like the model in the bajaj ad riding the purple elim, another is a std black colour one(used even for the max 100)
another is a std silver one which i use when *ride the tb or my dad's bull
and when i had the spirit,i used to use a half helmet kinda like the one cyclists wear in the usa
and the latest addtion was the vega ferrari helmet, looks really good
out of the five i have 3 are vega 1 studds and one from usa(the half helmet)
thx!
Old 12th April 2004, 08:41   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 12 2004,06:52)]the harley was a 883 cubic inches??? how many ccs would that be
If you mean 83 cubic inches.....that would be 1.3L ie 1360cc.

cya
R
Old 12th April 2004, 11:46   #30
Team-BHP Support

hey rehaan,

I'm gonna check out that CB750 this evening to see if its still there. 1.75 does seem a lil over the top though.

Anyways, the best part of buying a car or bike is looking around for one i think...!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks