Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice for Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021?
TVS Jupiter 125 34 4.06%
TVS Raider 125 11 1.31%
Suzuki Avenis 2 0.24%
OLA S1 Pro 218 26.05%
Aprilia SXR 160 7 0.84%
Yamaha Aerox 155 232 27.72%
Bajaj Pulsar F250/N250 34 4.06%
Honda CB200X 15 1.79%
Yamaha R15 V4 27 3.23%
KTM RC 200 6 0.72%
Royal Enfield Classic 350 117 13.98%
Benelli 502C 2 0.24%
Kawasaki Z650RS 10 1.19%
Honda CB500X 15 1.79%
Triumph Trident 660 39 4.66%
BMW C400 GT 4 0.48%
Ducati Monster 2 0.24%
Aprilia Tuono / RS 660 5 0.60%
Suzuki Hayabusa 26 3.11%
Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 7 0.84%
BMW S1000R 6 0.72%
Ducati Multistrada V4 11 1.31%
Ducati Streetfighter V4 7 0.84%
Voters: 837. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2021, 20:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021. Edit: It's the Yamaha Aerox 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
But having not been a biker effectively since 2017, I cannot but help look on with dismay at a current poll for motorcycle of the year where the first 5-6 choices are scooters. With rebadged R15's, Pulsars, TVS's and RE's making up the rest of the Indian offerings.

Is it the pandemic or is it what's been happening while we were riding cycles?

Cheers, Doc
Haha no Doc its the 2-wheeler of the year, so scooters make a cut too. Current leader Aerox 155 is darn good machine per almost all reputable reviewers and not just YouTube loudmouths. Exciting enough to start a whole new segment. Though I feel it is too late. Anyhoo, I think they are saying scooters can be exciting as motorcycles too.

As of now in my budget, new/used, just three 2-wheelers excite me : RE CGT650, 2017-18 KTM 390 Duke with underbelly exhaust and you guessed it the Aerox 155. Now only if I could see it in flesh and get a TD.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 03:37   #92
BHPian

I voted for OLA S1 Pro for a reason that it heralds a new era away from fossil fuel powered vehicles among masses. Despite the potential initial niggles, this scooter promises a decent usable range and economical running costs. More importantly, it can start a race among competition to offer more choices to consumers.
Old 16th December 2021, 03:47   #93

Where is the Poll? I vote for Ola S1 pro irrespective of its flaws and not so professional founder Bhavish
Old 16th December 2021, 16:27   #94

My vote is for Royal Enfield Classic 350!

Put a Royal Enfield against anything else and it always wins!
Old 18th December 2021, 12:25   #95
BHPian

I voted for Yamaha Aerox 155 as this maxi scooter is really a fresh breadth of air in the present stale scooter scenario in India. A scooter that rides like a motorcycle, nimble, stable, powerful, touring ready is what someone like me at 58 years old, riding motorcycles since 4 decades is looking for. I am buying this Maxi Scooter in first quarter of 2022, perhaps will rest my KTM Duke 390, that's been my riding companion since 2013. I couldn't find any other 2 Wheeler as interesting as the Yamaha Aerox 155, this year. Soon shall have one in my home too.
ashkamath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 01:08   #96
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021. Edit: It's the Yamaha Aerox 155

Team-BHP Two Wheeler of the Year 2021 is the Yamaha Aerox 155!

Team-BHP 2-Wheeler of the Year, 2021. Edit: It's the Yamaha Aerox 155-20210921_132257.jpg

Interesting contrast between the Team BHP COTY and 2WOTY awards this year! Whereas the Mahindra XUV 7OO won the COTY unchallenged with near 63% of votes - the two-wheeler poll was a close one with the winner finally just managing a 1% lead over the main rival.

Two scooters fought it out this year! The segment has always been seen as the more practical and boring option on two wheels, till the electric revolution promised to infuse some excitement in this category - OLA being an epitome of this promised revolution. However, Yamaha has stuck to its roots and managed to deliver one of their most promising products of recent times - a "maxi-sports" scooter with a 15ps, liquid-cooled, VVA motor derived from the R15. Great to see Yamaha introducing a new product-line for the enthusiasts!

Congrats Yamaha! Now I hope the production gets ramped up soon. Yamaha has obviously underestimated the demand. For a product launched in September, there is not even a single display piece to be found in many states. Eagerly wait to test one soon!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 01:08   #97
BANNED

My vote goes to Benelli 502C
Old 21st December 2021, 09:19   #98

my vote for Yamaha Aerox !!!
Attached Images

TrailJunkie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 09:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guys can I change my vote please?

I am rusty and been rubbing some of the rust off these past few days and want to make a more informed and meaningful choice.

Cheers, Doc
Old 21st December 2021, 09:58   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys can I change my vote please?
Unfortunately, no.

The system doesn't permit us to change the votes, not even through the back end.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:17   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Team-BHP Two Wheeler of the Year 2021[/b] is the Yamaha Aerox 155!
I'm really surprised this vehicle won this poll. Not questioning the credibility or judgment of fellow members, but I'm frankly not able to comprehend.

The Aerox 155 is a 5year old vehicle launched late in our country. I get that the engine is nice, but it is again an old engine. Although still a niche segment, I'm happy that Maxi scooters are selling now, but in that case BMW C 400 GT much better maxi scooter with a 350cc engine (price is anyway not really relevant in this poll). Aerox is neither practical, not will it create some impact with high sales; Neither is it something new, nor is it relevant to the times.

What is it that this vehicle got the votes of so mamny BHPians?
hemanth.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
I voted for Yamaha Aerox 155 as this maxi scooter is really a fresh breadth of air in the present stale scooter scenario in India. A scooter that rides like a motorcycle, nimble, stable, powerful, touring ready is what someone like me at 58 years old, riding motorcycles since 4 decades is looking for. I am buying this Maxi Scooter in first quarter of 2022, perhaps will rest my KTM Duke 390, that's been my riding companion since 2013. I couldn't find any other 2 Wheeler as interesting as the Yamaha Aerox 155, this year. Soon shall have one in my home too.
Wow how time flies bro. We are old men now!

Ashok on a scooter ... let me retire and take some time to digest that.

Will you be ferrying gas cylinders and rocking a canopy too?

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 21st December 2021 at 10:38.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:29   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Wow how time flies bro. We are old men now!

Ashok on a scooter ... let me retire and take some time to digest that.

Will you be ferrying gas cylinders and rocking a canopy too?

Cheers, Doc
Doc hey, We aren't old men yet, at least till we hang our boots for good.

I chose Yamaha Aerox as it's a wolf under the sheep's skin. It's the good old Yamaha R15 (albeit a bit detuned which we will get retuned back anyway) sans the gears and vibration and all. I read that it's extremely nimble and great in cornering (with 140 section rear tyre, that was expected anyways), easy on daily maintenance (cleaning will be a breeze, just swipe with a clean cloth and scooter is spic and span.

Doc, this Maxi Scooter has a spine in the front, so forget the gas cylinder, I can't even hang my vegetables / grocery bag at front. That's no provision for bags and stuffs. It's just an gearless R15 to put it simply and suits me as I am looking for a more relaxed and easy ride now.

Shall visit Pune soon sometime after getting the Aerox.
ashkamath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:40   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Although still a niche segment, I'm happy that Maxi scooters are selling now, but in that case BMW C 400 GT much better maxi scooter with a 350cc engine (price is anyway not really relevant in this poll).

Price is relevant to most BHPians - else even the OLA would have failed to create the hype it did. BMW C400GT is a niche proposition even by BMW standards.

Can't speak for other BHPians, but I can tell you why I voted for the Yamaha Aerox 155 - it might be an old product by international standards (and I have seen it in Thailand a few years ago), it certainly is the sportiest scooter that India has seen.

Electric scooters might have good performance to match the Aerox - but they won't come close to the sporty appeal of one. Neither can they be as versatile (not to be mistaken with practicality) as one either - with the Aerox promising to be a good compromise between a motorcycle and a scooter that one can keep in the garage for city use and the occasional highway runs.

OLA would have been able to pull off an XUV 7OO if they had launched a sorted end-product! For what they launched in 2021 v/s what they promised - My vote goes elsewhere.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:52   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I'm really surprised this vehicle won this poll. Not questioning the credibility or judgment of fellow members, but I'm frankly not able to comprehend.

The Aerox 155 is a 5year old vehicle launched late in our country. I get that the engine is nice, but it is again an old engine. Although still a niche segment, Aerox is neither practical, not will it create some impact with high sales; Neither is it something new, nor is it relevant to the times.

Well, you said it yourself, that it's a niche segment, first of the maxi scooters in India and that's half the battle won. For decades the gearless scooters have stagnated with their 100 cc commuter models while motorcycles have evolved from 100cc to super sports segment. Call this Aerox as a bridge between the Scooter and Motorcycle, like best of both worlds. Comfort of a gearless vehicle with performance and nimbleness of a Motorcycle. It's a combination that pushes an average commuter rider to aspire for longer inter city rides and ride farther than he had ever done earlier.

It's an old engine and the R15 engine is tested and reliable, so that's a comforting factor when one buys this vehicle as pedigree is already established.

It's not practical for city usage. Well yes & no. The scooter has a 24.5 ltr capacity under seat storage that's decent enough for a bag of vegetables and groceries (of course carrying gas cylinder is out of question). So I could live with that storage space for my daily shopping needs.

When we look at far eastern markets such as Malaysia, Indonesia etc, the maxi scooters have been around for some time. But then on India it's a new and niche segment and that adds a bit to the excitement.

I have been riding for over 4 decades, 44 years to be precise and presently ride a KTM Duke 390 since 2013. Have ridden the length and breadth of India and overland to other countries too. I am planning to buy Aerox as it suits my requirement perfectly. A stress free & vibration free ride ( gearless scooter is like an Automatic Car), cruise whole day at 90-100 kmph, easy to clean and maintain, better fuel efficiency, more affordable maintenance expenses, women can ride it too with ease, helmet storage, etc. Of course a 400 CC maxi scooter will be welcome but with fuel prices in triple digits, a compromise has to be struck and Aerox sits right in the sweet spot. Affordable, just enough power for highway rides, easy on maintenance, decent fuel economy. It's like a Honda car, Good or decent in all aspects, but not outstanding or exemplary in any one aspect. Suits many like me.
ashkamath is offline   (19) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks