Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:57   #91
BHPian

Re: A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosanova View Post
I actually walked into the showroom to book the Gixxer 250 Naked, but did a back to back test drive of Gixxer and Vstrom

Here are my observations:-
Excellent finer points . These are the subtle differences we need to be aware of, feel them and set our expectations right from different products meant for different people with different purposes .
Old 23rd February 2023, 16:15   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan_R15 View Post
I have booked my V-Strom 250 SX here in Mumbai and expecting delivery in few days. Picking up all the necessary accessories and have managed to get most of them except the main/centre stand.

Can anyone help me with a link/source from where I can order one if anyone has already installed it. Thanks in advance
Hey Ketan_R15,

The availability of the centre stand is not clear from dealerships. I have seen some videos on YouTube where customers have modified the Gixxer centre stand for the VStrom.

The mount points are the same. Due to higher GC, the stand legs need to be cut and a small element added in-between. See this link for reference:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Aragorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 18:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

The modified center stand touches the chain and creates a ruckus. I saw one at service
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I have seen some videos on YouTube where customers have modified the Gixxer centre stand for the VStrom. The mount points are the same. Due to higher GC, the stand legs need to be cut
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

What a cracker of a thread! What I loved about your jot is how you've extracted it to bagasse the intricacies of this confused yet astutely designed motorcycle. I would echo your thoughts 100% on this, everything feels and fits right about this motorcycle, a trait that's very hard to come by, by today's tinsel standards, including the expensive counterparts.

Good show Seb!

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 08:12   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post

@Nits83, not sure what rubber is brushing against each other. Can you take it to Sapthagiri Suzuki, Dr Rajkumar road? They have a competent mechanic there
Would you be able to share the name of the mechanic, I have been going to Sapthagiri Suzuki Mathikere but they seem to be useless. I have also started feeling that I might have some handle alignment issues/ twisted forks, and they have not been able to rectify that in my 2 visits. Need someone capable to look at my machine
Old 14th June 2023, 17:43   #96
BHPian

Hello all,

Can someone refer a good place for crash guards and saddle stay in Bangalore. I saw a few good ones online but I am not sure about the support offered by them. I need a good competent mechanic to fit them properly.

Any leads would be helpful.
Old 14th June 2023, 17:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Try 6KIOM on kasturba road
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Can someone refer a good place for crash guards and saddle stay in Bangalore. I saw a few good ones online but I am not sure about the support offered by them. I need a good competent mechanic to fit them properly.
Old 1st November 2023, 23:00   #98

Quote:
r. Regret giving the bike to Suzuki authorized service for washing, as the cleaner used the dirt/mud ridden cloth to clean the beautiful visor, putting a million fine lines on it (visibly disturbing at night). Have ordered a replacement but that's nowhere in sight. This is the first Suzuki bike to get such a visor and cleaners need to be educated about this.
s. Who puts 'gloss black' tip on an ADV exhaust? This part got scratched while I was passing through thorns and shrubs. Have asked for a new piece which I can PPF protect (or even the steel ones from past Gixxer model). My pillion rider has also put her shoe mark on this part as there is no metal piece to protect it.
w. Indicators are flimsy and vibrate at speeds over 40 KMPH. Planning to source strong ones (And, LED).
Hi Sebring!

Great review. Agree with all of your points. But these three cons the most, just wanted to know any updates with regards to it. Have you changed the indicators to a better ones?

Did you get the visor and exhaust replaced? If yes, did you get replaced at Suzuki Authorised Centre or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2023, 14:07   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, I have refrained from changing anything. b. The muffler grew on me c. The visor is from the dealership, and looks crisp
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkriderVII View Post
Did you get the visor and exhaust replaced? If yes, did you get replaced at Suzuki Authorised Centre or somewhere else?
Old 2nd November 2023, 15:46   #100

Quote:
Thanks buddy, I have refrained from changing anything. b. The muffler grew on me c. The visor is from the dealership, and looks crisp
Good to know that. It is my new bike so still looking for ways to keep it in pristine condition. BTW did you find any way to keep the scratches away or treat the old scratches?
Old 2nd November 2023, 17:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

I use these two products to keep plastics looking new. Removes fine lines. Works on clear plastic as well. There are other products like Mother's and 3M as well, but I have not tried as yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkriderVII View Post
Good to know that. It is my new bike so still looking for ways to keep it in pristine condition. BTW did you find any way to keep the scratches away or treat the old scratches?
Attached Images

Old 2nd November 2023, 17:51   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I use these two products to keep plastics looking new. Removes fine lines. Works on clear plastic as well. There are other products like Mother's and 3M as well, but I have not tried as yet
If you love your motorcycle then simply get PERL. Plastic Rubber Leather {Pls don't ask me for E, even I don't know hehe }

The only drawback of this product is: the bottle will outlast the motorcycle!! Seriously, I'm not joking, I threw away 30% of bottle after a decade of weekly use

A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-a1.png
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 06:58   #103
Senior - BHPian

My bike was part of a recall where the Camshaft kit was installed. The ever courteous Arun at Saptagiri got it done in no time. While I waited, had the legendary Mango shake at Sagar, which is close by - 'and both machine and master' were set. 'YALLA' looks new, still attracts eyeballs with interested people asking about mileage etc.
Attached Thumbnails
A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_65701.jpg  

A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6572.jpg  

A STROM is brewing | 'Yalla', my Suzuki V-Strom 250 SX ownership review-img_6578.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 28th December 2023 at 06:59.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 16:24   #104
BHPian

Sebring, this is a great post with super useful tips and tasteful mods. Using it as a reference for my Strom, which is now two weeks old. Enjoying every km on it. I'm getting back to riding after a decade and this bike suits me to a T! Keep it coming here! Cheers.
Uthappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 13:35   #105
BHPian

Sebring, you are the right person to answer this for me - How is the seat comparing with the H'ness? I know you were positive about the seat foam density in your opening post. I would like to know how your experience on long rides comparing with your Honda?

And also, the cruising speed - are you able to cruise at a higher speed with this than the Honda?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks