Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 12:17   #61

Re: Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskebail View Post
Woke up to this surprise, but now I am not entirely sure what we are getting on the svartpilen 401 in India. Though the spokes are a concern, Pirelli rally tyres would be awesome along with adjustable suspension.
Time to call the dealer ! When i checked there last time, he seemed more interested in selling ktms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Ufff! I was waiting for this bike. But did not expect it to launch so quickly. The spoke wheels with Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR was the combo I wanted on the Duke. I love this neo-retro styling. I have booked an Interceptor 650 due for delivery next month, but I'm seriously considering cancelling my booking to go for this.
Do you think it is worth letting go of a twin cylinder beast for this super convenient retro-naked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Glowing reviews across the board. This seems like the perfect bike in the 400cc segment - the insane 399cc engine and chassis package, in a beautiful, sophisticated exterior. Great pricing as well.

The only fly in the ointment is the tubed tyres, but since Bajaj has declared that we can swap the tubeless tyres and+or the alloy wheels from the Vitpilen 250 (in case you want to retain the Scorpions, which are tubeless ready) this is also not a dealbreaker!

Can't wait to ride one, and most probably book one too!
Quote:
Why is everyone so worried about the spoked wheels and wants to swap them right out of the showroom? I understand the puncture concerns but do remember that the Pirelli Scorpions are not tyres that get punctured easily. We consume way too much content which puts these fears in our head that we are going to get tubed tyre punctures and that spoked wheels are a deadly force to be reckoned with. Perhaps just try riding it for the break-in period, and maybe consider the swap after that? Adding to that, there are also other cost-effective options like the Way2speed and Outex tubeless conversion kits. I am booking this bike next week, and the latter is probably going to be my choice in a few months.

The manufacturers must have thought this through. Maybe it is not just the Scrambler aspect of the motorcycle that they are pitching. They would have tested this for a while to assess whether this suits the character of the bike and the comfort levels compared to the D390.

P.S: These are all just my personal opinions. Feel free to disagree so that we can have a healthy discussion
Quote:
Totally agree with you ! I am planning to buy a bike (to accompany 2016 tb350) in hopefully another 5-6 months and this husky is now at the top of my list. Himalayan is slowly moving down because of the weight. I really liked the new Duke but it's agressive ergos and compact seating area is a deal breaker for me. So unless adv390 with new engine or RE scrambler 650 drops by the time I go for booking, your plan is my plan too. Rally str is one of the best in the business, so using a tubeless conversion eventually or switching to alloys (with the savings by choosing this over Duke 390) is my current plan. Now waiting for test rides to begin in my area.
Quote:
Having that fear is valid. But we can't assume worst case scenario with a brand new bike, especially with a reliable tyre like the Pirelli Scorpions. Of course, nobody wants to be stranded with a tube puncture, but swapping those out of the showroom straight away is a bit too proactive in my opinion. I would use them for a few months, and then consider a swap or tubeless conversion (my preferred choice).

On the other side of the coin, I am also considering getting the Duke 390 and using the stock tyres and alloys for atleast a year, then swapping to the spokes and Pirellis from the Svartpilen for a Ladakh trip next year. This gives two sets of tyres and choice of alloy vs spoke for situational usage. It all comes down to which suits the rider better, and personal preference in overall design and styling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
I am sure considering the overall feedback on rims, husqvarna will launch the 401 with alloys very soon. 2 of my very good friends have put the decision on hold just because of the rims. The Pirelli scorpions are good, but the 401 is a much better tourer than a adv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HartBandit View Post
Bajaj seems to have told journos that this is a simple enough change at the dealership, without voiding the warranty (and I'm guessing causing any other official issue). And, you can either hold on to the spokes and use them when you want to go offroad, or swap it with a Vitpilen/Duke owner who would like those. It isn't as simple as the bike just coming with alloys - but I think the overwhelming feedback would force Bajaj to introduce them soon enough.

I am cool with swapping them with alloys as long as the warranty stays.
As to someone commenting that the Pirellis are great tyres and wont puncture easily - I don't want to find out where their limits are. And aesthetically, I prefer the alloys to the spokes - I think it goes with the minimalist styling of the Husqys.

If there was a Vitpilen 401, I would have bought that instead and raised the handlebars a bit. But that is not to be, so here I am thinking about the alloy swap and a white or red wrap on the tank.
Hello friends, I would like to give a major news update on the Svartpilen 401. I had to quote all the post regarding Pirelli tyres with the bike. Well it seems that we aren't getting any Pirelli tyres with the bike now due to certification issues. And we all very well know who issues the certification here in India. What they have done is that, they swapped the Pirelli tyres with Apollo Trampler XR tyres straight away. The website still says Pirelli tyres. Just received pics from a contact of mine. Please have a look at the Apollo Trampler XR tyres. Everyone has booked the bike for Pirelli tyres. Atleast the manufacturer should have revised the price for the bike since a pair of Pirelli Scorpion tyres cost approx 25-27k per set. Really disappointed to see such attitude towards Indian market since the New Tvs Apache RTR 310 and the new KTM Duke 390 both have imported Michelin Road 6 and Metzeler M7 tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0005.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0004.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0003.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0002.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-screenshot_20240328110619.png  

Utkarsh_Govekar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 22:07   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utkarsh_Govekar View Post
Well it seems that we aren't getting any Pirelli tyres with the bike now due to certification issues. And we all very well know who issues the certification here in India. What they have done is that, they swapped the
This is surprising news ! Husqvarna could atleast compensate by giving alloys with this tyres for the same price.
maskebail is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 23:10   #63

Quote:
This is surprising news ! Husqvarna could atleast compensate by giving alloys with this tyres for the same price.
I agree with you but compensation is not the way to justify the asking price of the motorcycle. Alloy wheels cost 10-12k at the most. Potential customers have booked the vehicle for imported Excel rims from Malaysia along with the imported Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres. The company should have reduced the ex-showroom price of the motorcycle by 25-30k and then provide alloys and made in India off-road tyres. Reduction in ex-showroom would also reduce the RTO and insurance further. As of now Rushlane has pointed out this issue only after Team Bhp highlighting the news first. Rest of the social media and general public is totally unaware of it. I am posting few comparison pics from Rushlane and few additional pics from the stockyard. No doubt the product is excellent as a overall package. Lets hope the company takes some positive steps in favour of the customer.

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/husqvar...-12491801.html
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-husqvarnasvartpilen401deliveryunitsapollopirellityres5min.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-husqvarnasvartpilen401deliveryunitsapollopirellityres2min1068x1068.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-husqvarnasvartpilen401deliveryunitsapollopirellityres3min1068x1068.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-husqvarnasvartpilen401deliveryunitsapollopirellityresmin1068x601.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0016.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0017.jpg  

Next-gen Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 caught testing in India-img20240328wa0015.jpg  

Utkarsh_Govekar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks