Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2004, 00:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Electronic Ignition system or CDI system(i think..) is available in the RE website options list. Thats the replacement for CB point ignition system. Its difficult to get electric starters for Bullets, coz they are long stroke mills. Anyways, will find out.
Old 24th October 2004, 00:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

yo dude!
what happened? did u buy a 500 yet?
Old 24th October 2004, 01:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

No dude, not yet..... I gotta wait for a while now.
Anyways will let you guys when i buy one...... it won't be soon i can tell you that much!
Old 26th October 2004, 16:33   #19
BHPian

hey those are some nice pics of the bullets, i got a 1978 bullet 350 cc too, havent changed much on the bike, just painted it black and i have changed the handle and seat, here are a few pics of the bike, i will be changing the handle again, i realised something it wasnt so comfortable. i dunno what i'm gonna do yet, once i have some more money, i will do more changes to it. maybe the silencer next, though these old silencer are really loud.

Old 26th October 2004, 21:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey papps,isnt that the 4X4 scorpio in the background???
details please!
Old 26th October 2004, 23:43   #21
BHPian

Hey.. regarding mods to a bullet... Do check out this months overdrive. Theres this bike called the Sachs madass 500... ok not completely a bullet but it uses the bullet engine.. Crazy bike.
Old 27th October 2004, 01:43   #22
BHPian

hey papps, the pillion supposed to sit on the tank??? cos the pillion from what i can see, surely cant sit on the back :P
Old 27th October 2004, 12:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ Oct. 26 2004,20:14)]hey papps,isnt that the 4X4 scorpio in the background???
details please!
yeah thats a 4X4 scorpio in the back, its similar to the 2 wheel drive, only difference is that the front suspension is a torsion bar and not coil springs, apart from that no difference, its a nice car, has a few flaws with the design of the car, aprt from that has a real good engine, not one of the best road handling cars at high speeds. do u want to know anything specific about the car.
Old 27th October 2004, 13:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (salil_kulkarni @ Oct. 27 2004,00:13)]hey papps, the pillion supposed to sit on the tank??? *cos the pillion from what i can see, surely cant sit on the back :P
well, the pillion can sit on the back, not very comfortably though, and frankly i dont care much about the pillion, they can fly off or hold on up to them, or just dont sit on the bike, anyways i maybe changing the seat soon, something more comfortable for the pillion, lets see, i'll put some pics when i do that.

hey also check out this months autocar india, for some bullet mods, there is a write-up about a v-twin carberry enfield, its a 1000 cc enfield.
Old 27th October 2004, 15:40   #25
Team-BHP Support

Hey papps,

congrats on the new bike dude! Looks like a pukka "Goa" enfield to me (if ya know wwhat I mean)

And that seat...well, it looks uncomfortable for the rider as well. Sorry, but i'm just not happy if I'm not in a crouch *i guess!

If it were my enfield, I'd go the cafe racer style, similar to what BS Motoring did to their bike! BUT, i know thats not your style

Rt
Old 27th October 2004, 16:14   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If it were my enfield, I'd go the cafe racer style, similar to what BS Motoring did to their bike! BUT, i know thats not your style
Same here rtech. had plans of buyin a 2nd hand Enfield and transforming it into a cafe racer with those long front fairings and low clip-ons and upswept exhausts. sadly my dad didnt allow me to buy one.

Hey papps, how about installing bucket seats. a friend of mine has one (2 i mean ) on his 500. Will post some pics when i meet him .
Old 27th October 2004, 21:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats papps..... on your new possession!!
Can't wait for the day when i would get mine!
Old 28th October 2004, 15:25   #28
BHPian

guys i bought the bike like that, i've already given the bike to change the seat and handle, and the seat which is already on is normally on quite a few cafe racer's, i would love to make it into a cafe racer, cause i prefer the cafe racer too, but it costs more than i can spend right now, maybe in a few months i would.

anyways the bike will be back in about 2 days, i will post some pics of the bike with the new handle and seat.
Old 4th June 2006, 07:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

some bullet mods plz.

hey gyz, owing to all the posts here and a desire to be one of the younger ones, can u plz suggest me something for my bullet machismo. 2001 model

its a baby with showroom condition, no changes except silencer. i changed it with single jaali silencer.

not much, but a good looking bike. though i dont drive it except < 30 kms a month, i really want to make it a good one!

thanx
Old 4th June 2006, 09:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

do post some pix first @ teh gallery.

HOw abt twin silencers? Disks @ frnt. A good chrome job...

Most Viewed