Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 10:31   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
My uncle is the editor-in-chief of one of the best magazines around. He was involved with the big Yamaha's being launched here. I was talking to him before he boarded the flight with the Yamaha guys for Japan. I was with him in Pune today and spoke to him about the Ninja. Is that credible enough?

Don't get into the rat race. Have patience and wait for the Ninja. You will regret buying the R15 when you see the Ninja's smoking you every now and then. Yes, it will cost more than the Yamaha but, you need to decide whether you want something substantial(Ninja)that you will keep for a long time or be one of those who is riding the "new" bike that looks like a sportbike(R15)and then probably get bored of it and have no option but to keep it because you spent your money too soon.
Thanks buddy.
I agree with you that Ninja250 will be far better than R15 and I am ready to wait till end of this year. But I don't want to wait till end of the year and then find out that oh its going to be another year for the launch. Remember how much time BAL took for P220 launch? Thats why I asked.

Any idea about possible price? Could it be less than 2L?
Old 20th June 2008, 11:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Straight6: I am surprised you say so, may be riding higher cc bikes makes you feel so. The comet has a refined engine with ample torque & bhp for its size & price. May be the bike was not meant for track but it was beautiful it ride it on twisties with the linear power of the Vtwin.

The low sale was due to various deal implications between Kinetic & Hyosung.

besides part availability was a big issue.

The Kwacker should in all probability be a better product but that certainly doesnt make the Comet a rubbish bike.
Old 20th June 2008, 11:40   #78
BHPian

And the 500 Comets sold in a flash. Was a bit too late in getting one for myself. For 1.5 Lacs, it was a downright steal.
Old 20th June 2008, 12:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabs78 View Post
Thanks buddy.
I agree with you that Ninja250 will be far better than R15 and I am ready to wait till end of this year. But I don't want to wait till end of the year and then find out that oh its going to be another year for the launch. Remember how much time BAL took for P220 launch? Thats why I asked.

Any idea about possible price? Could it be less than 2L?
It will definitely be more than 2 L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Straight6: I am surprised you say so, may be riding higher cc bikes makes you feel so. The comet has a refined engine with ample torque & bhp for its size & price. May be the bike was not meant for track but it was beautiful it ride it on twisties with the linear power of the Vtwin.

The low sale was due to various deal implications between Kinetic & Hyosung.

besides part availability was a big issue.

The Kwacker should in all probability be a better product but that certainly doesnt make the Comet a rubbish bike.
Yes, I have ridden a lot of SBK's. Besides, I remember riding a '90 Ninja 250 too here in Bombay a long time back and that was more exciting than the Comet. I think it was overpriced too. It shouldn't have been more than 1.20 L.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

With the pricing of R15 you still feel the Comet was overpriced?

Comet was all about linear power it wasnt a screeming monster but a more practical bike for a day to day ride plus occasional highways\ghats bursts
Old 20th June 2008, 16:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
With the pricing of R15 you still feel the Comet was overpriced?

Comet was all about linear power it wasnt a screeming monster but a more practical bike for a day to day ride plus occasional highways\ghats bursts
You see, at the time when the Comet was launched, there was nothing like it in the market and nothing to be launched in the near future(except the Aquilla)so Kinetic took the chance of overpricing it because those who wanted to buy something different would shell out that much. If they had planned to sell more than 500, they would have done well at all.

The thing is, the Indians get overwhelmed easily when they see something new and big because there hasn't been anything like that in the market before. For e.g - the Hyosung GT650R has been there in the US market for sometime now and its incredibly cheap too but people don't rush to buy it just because its a fully faired sportbike for less money. They'd much rather spend some more and buy a Suzuki SV650.

The public thats looking for a commuter shouldn't be looking at these bikes because of their mileage. They have the "bharosemand" Splendor for that .

Last edited by straight6 : 20th June 2008 at 16:47.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Yes timing is the key & hence I hope the Kwacker is launched at the right time & at right price
Old 20th June 2008, 17:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-racing View Post
Trust me on this, the R15 will become as common as the pulsar in no time, The Ninja, well this bike is at a compleatly different level in itself.

I strongly suggest every one waits this one out. its wotth the wait.
I have all ready started sourcing accessories for this . A new Yoshimura exhaust, hid's and a power commander unit .

This is the bike for all those who cannot get their hands on a GSXR or an R1 but will not settle for anything else with a lower standard.

The R15 is a nice bike in itself. But should never be compared to the Ninja
This bike WILL kick butt.cheers:

Are you trying to find a Yoshimura for R15? You won't find one because they don't make one for the bike. You'll just have to modify an exhaust to fit the R15. On the other hand you will find a lot of stuff for the Ninja.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:07   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Are you trying to find a Yoshimura for R15? You won't find one because they don't make one for the bike. You'll just have to modify an exhaust to fit the R15. On the other hand you will find a lot of stuff for the Ninja.
they do have a yoshimura end can direct slip on ones. i am not a lot into this but i saw a video on youtube. check it out it exists
Old 20th June 2008, 20:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
they do have a yoshimura end can direct slip on ones. i am not a lot into this but i saw a video on Youtube. check it out it exists
I couldn't find the video(all the R15 videos on youtube are uploaded by Indians). Anyway, even if you saw it, the exhaust was probably modified to fit the bike. This bike is not sold in the US or UK and Yoshimura does not make an exhaust for it. Of course, if the R15 has the fitments similar to some other big Yamaha, then it'll fit.

Actually, in the UK, they do sell the YZF-R125 which produces 15 bhp and looks similar.

Last edited by straight6 : 20th June 2008 at 20:37.
Old 20th June 2008, 22:55   #86
BHPian

[quote=straight6;874076]I couldn't find the video(all the R15 videos on youtube are uploaded by Indians). Anyway, even if you saw it, the exhaust was probably modified to fit the bike. This bike is not sold in the US or UK and Yoshimura does not make an exhaust for it. Of course, if the R15 has the fitments similar to some other big Yamaha, then it'll fit.

would check out the R 15 tom. if i like it i ride it..there is no point waiting and waiting for things to happen and bikes so to say "launch" and kya pata kal ho na ho.
Old 20th June 2008, 23:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
My uncle is the editor-in-chief of one of the best magazines around. He was involved with the big Yamaha's being launched here. I was talking to him before he boarded the flight with the Yamaha guys for Japan. I was with him in Pune today and spoke to him about the Ninja. Is that credible enough?

Don't get into the rat race. Have patience and wait for the Ninja. You will regret buying the R15 when you see the Ninja's smoking you every now and then. Yes, it will cost more than the Yamaha but, you need to decide whether you want something substantial(Ninja)that you will keep for a long time or be one of those who is riding the "new" bike that looks like a sportbike(R15)and then probably get bored of it and have no option but to keep it because you spent your money too soon.
Dont quite agree with that mate.Have you ridden the R15 to post a comment like that? Its like saying dont buy a pulsar 150 cause the karizmas will smoke you all the time, your comparing a 150cc bike to a 250 cc bike which costs 2 times more.The specs of the ninja posted on those foreign sites will differ from the indian spec.We're gonna be paying more money for a detuned bike.Im not saying the ninja will be a bad bike but you cant say the R15 is a bad bike compared to the ninja.
Old 21st June 2008, 00:29   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Dont quite agree with that mate.Have you ridden the R15 to post a comment like that? Its like saying dont buy a pulsar 150 cause the karizmas will smoke you all the time, your comparing a 150cc bike to a 250 cc bike which costs 2 times more.The specs of the ninja posted on those foreign sites will differ from the indian spec.We're gonna be paying more money for a detuned bike.Im not saying the ninja will be a bad bike but you cant say the R15 is a bad bike compared to the ninja.
Thats true if a person cant afford anything more than the R15 but, if a person can afford a more expensive bike then the Ninja is the better option and worth waiting for. There is a reason for it being the best selling of all the Ninja's in the US, a country that loves big bikes. Besides, I never said its a bad bike. I just said that a better bike will be launched soon which is worth the wait.

Why do you think the Ninja will be detuned?

Last edited by straight6 : 21st June 2008 at 00:41.
Old 21st June 2008, 12:00   #89
BHPian

Quote:
I just said that a better bike will be launched soon which is worth the wait.
You are taking big risk straight bro, if this doesn't happen real soon then we will all beat you (pun intended)
Old 21st June 2008, 14:03   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Thats true if a person cant afford anything more than the R15 but, if a person can afford a more expensive bike then the Ninja is the better option and worth waiting for. There is a reason for it being the best selling of all the Ninja's in the US, a country that loves big bikes. Besides, I never said its a bad bike. I just said that a better bike will be launched soon which is worth the wait.

Why do you think the Ninja will be detuned?
Well u did say REGRET.Well in that case someone who is willing to pay an almost 2 lac premium over the R15 for the ninja.. can put a lac over a ninja's price and get a 400 or even a decent 600.There will always be better options.So its necessary for the buyer to know wht he wants? The R15 and the ninja are different bikes in different segments fulfilling diff needs.

The US is a diff market even 1000 rr sell like hotcakes doesent meant it will sell the same here.With the kind of fuel we will be feeding the bike..there's no doubting about the compression ratio being lowered.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks