Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 17:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Well u did say REGRET.Well in that case someone who is willing to pay an almost 2 lac premium over the R15 for the ninja.. can put a lac over a ninja's price and get a 400 or even a decent 600.There will always be better options.So its necessary for the buyer to know wht he wants? The R15 and the ninja are different bikes in different segments fulfilling diff needs.

The US is a diff market even 1000 rr sell like hotcakes doesent meant it will sell the same here.With the kind of fuel we will be feeding the bike..there's no doubting about the compression ratio being lowered.
Yes, I said "regret" because a person who buys an R15 is a person who cares about speed and performance because its more of a sportsbike or else he would just buy a Hunk or any of those others. A person like this usually will get bored of something that doesn't satisfy the need for speed. Not everyone is like us, not minding a used 400/600. Most of them would prefer a brand new bike with company back up.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:48   #92
Senior - BHPian

Ninja ? Sep or so, I've heard. Deliberations between BAL and Kawasaki about FI/carb versions and suchlike, including levels of localization, I guess. Hang in there. It'll be worth it for sure.
Old 23rd June 2008, 15:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Ninja ? Sep or so, I've heard.
I'd seriously doubt the September timeframe. Unless it is coming as CBU or CKD with no locally sourced part. Even if it comes as CKD, it may take longer to setup the assembly units, and thouroughly test the bike. I have heard that some unimportant parts may be sourced locally to keep the cost down. In that case it'll take more time to get those vendors going.

So I am mentally prepared to wait till end of the year, even beyond.

Kousik
Old 23rd June 2008, 17:48   #94
BHPian

Guys,
I remember when the Pulsar first came out (I got a 180 as soon as it was launched in B.lore), Bajaj sang the "no information" tune for nearly a year, before finally launching.
Today, for the Ninja 250, what do you get from Bajaj - "No Information".
So---dont wait, buy the R15 for what it is. If the NINJA gets launched and you are not too old, you can think of that too(of course some moolah helps).
Old 24th June 2008, 15:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Yes, I said "regret" because a person who buys an R15 is a person who cares about speed and performance because its more of a sportsbike or else he would just buy a Hunk or any of those others. A person like this usually will get bored of something that doesn't satisfy the need for speed. Not everyone is like us, not minding a used 400/600. Most of them would prefer a brand new bike with company back up.
Speed and performance is what the R15 is all about.If a bike hitting 145 kmph murdering our zma's and 220's(the current performance kings) with handling to match is not about speed and performance then i donno what is.

The kind of person you are mentioning will get bored of the ninja's performance after using it regularly too..so then will he REGRET buying it?

Id say if your looking for a out and out performance oriented bike the R15 it is....The ninja we'll talk about when it comes..Till then "I want an R15"
Old 25th June 2008, 22:24   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Speed and performance is what the R15 is all about.If a bike hitting 145 kmph murdering our zma's and 220's(the current performance kings) with handling to match is not about speed and performance then i donno what is.

The kind of person you are mentioning will get bored of the ninja's performance after using it regularly too..so then will he REGRET buying it?

Id say if your looking for a out and out performance oriented bike the R15 it is....The ninja we'll talk about when it comes..Till then "I want an R15"
I guess, the fact that I have owned an SBK for a long time doesn't make the R15 appeal to me. Besides, everyone has different opinions.

The reason I said that Ninja is popular in the US is, Americans don't like small bikes and the bike is still the best selling Ninja.
Old 30th June 2008, 21:39   #97
BHPian

I own a 2007 model ninja. After reading a lot about what bike to own in the US and also having too many speeding tickets, I opted for the Ninja 250. The insurance was ok and so was the cost of owning one.
Over all its the perfect daily-commuter bike, looks good, good fuel avg (Get 65MPG) and decent power. The only complaint I have is the dealer ship I bought the bike from . Servicing is quite expensive. Here are a few pictures. Its popularly called the "Baby Ninja" in the US and IMO the perfect bike to hit Indian roads.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:39   #98
BHPian

Eagerly waiting to see when the BABY NINJA arrives in Bangalore. Till then just wait & watch.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 9th July 2008, 17:06   #99
Senior - BHPian

Bump: As per the article posted by straight6 , Demand for aspirational bikes likely to swell- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times Kawasaki is planing to launch its bikes next year sometime.
I am losing it ... (in the tone of Mc Donalds ad )
Old 9th July 2008, 17:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Bump: As per the article posted by straight6 , Demand for aspirational bikes likely to swell- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times Kawasaki is planing to launch its bikes next year sometime.
I am losing it ... (in the tone of Mc Donalds ad )
That article says the "high end" bikes. The 250 is not high end.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
That article says the "high end" bikes. The 250 is not high end.
I have my doubts if they are gonna have 2 launches , one for a lone 250 and another for the bigger bikes. Well, if it happens who am I to complain?I would be happily cruising on my lil Ninja by then. (lol atleast imported bike dreams dont come with an import duty)
Old 9th July 2008, 17:23   #102
BHPian

ahh the high end beauties. I'm sure they are not going to bring the 14R. The market & competitors are getting 1000cc. So at best, they'll consider the 12R, which in any case is a hot seller.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
ahh the high end beauties. I'm sure they are not going to bring the 14R. The market & competitors are getting 1000cc. So at best, they'll consider the 12R, which in any case is a hot seller.
lol I guess you dont really have to worry about that, do u ?
Love ur bike bro, make that (bikes). Anyways 1000+ cc would be way out of range for ppl like me. I just want a small lil 250. sighhh....and they say all good things come to those who wait...and that means when , on the deathbed?
Old 9th July 2008, 17:33   #104
Senior - BHPian

12r !! that bike has been long stopped.2006 was the last year of the 12r.also 12r was never a hot seller.i have a 12r and have been very active on foreign 12r forums.12r owners is a very small breed.mine is a 2005 12r.and in 2006 the company recorded the lowest amount of 12r's being sold.less than 400 were sold in the whole world.and to check the facts you can visit dedicated 12r forums which are closely associated with kawasaki also.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:34   #105
BHPian

lol thanx mate. So d.dun huh, did my schooling there, love the place. for now i dont need to worry but after the 08 vmax comes, i'll try to send her away or atleast start the experiments.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks