Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2005, 09:18   #16
BHPian

hey techno, another thing i got to ask u, u have any idea what's the top speed for an ordinary pulsar 180, not dtsi. In the manual its written 107km/hr.. Is that true..i think its true, eventhough i made it till 110(that must be speedo error)...Mine is a 2003 june model.. I think the first versions of 180 was faster but mileage suffered for it!!..
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

The DTSi models(not the latest lots but the ones launched in 2003 Oct) are both faster(tho only marginally) & more economical.. the older pulsar 180 should go upto arnd 120 speedo indicated( some go even more depending on the amnt of error )
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:29   #18
BHPian

techno,i go above hundred, i find it difficult to control the bike if there is no rear rider,if i install the k&N kit ,will i be able to control the bike at high speeds.I think the top speeds and acceleration increses if i install it, so can i be able to control it??what all should i do to get better driveabililty at high speeds??
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:36   #19
Senior - BHPian

in addition to the k&n u can play around with your gearing and hence your pick up and the top speeds.
to make your pulsar 180 go to 140+kph read this
http://overdrive.co.in/art_dtls.asp?...atures&code=17
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Is it true that on the long run, the freeflow will hamper your bikes performance?!!
Old 3rd February 2005, 11:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
am running on slightly bigger jets which came wid classic Pulsar 180, size is 115 (stock for 180 DTSi was 112.5)
Thats good news for me then as I have the classic Pulsar. So that means a K&N would work just fine without any jet change!
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:07   #22
BHPian

SATYA, thats a load of info in the site. i never know all this stuffs, in fact i was searching for what exactly is gear ratio..well said !!
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Is it true that on the long run, the freeflow will hamper your bikes performance?!!
em, what say?!!
Does anyone have any info on that?!!
Remember, 'on the long run'........
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
em, what say?!!
There is no reason why a properly designed freeflow would cause any harm to your bike, short term or long.

However, the stuff being sold at every corner bike store here would probably do more harm than good. But that's the fault of the rider for not knowing any better, and the mechanic (if you can call them that) for knowing even less.

Get it done properly and you should have increased power throughout the revband. However that where the proper design comes into play. Some systems would reduce your midrange and increase your top end, others may do the opposite, and still others may increase or even decrease both.

Last edited by Rtech : 3rd February 2005 at 12:56.
Old 3rd February 2005, 12:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
em, what say?!!

a properly designed free flow should be okay.i have a free flow in my car sionce the last 3.5 years and its still good.
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

@kphilip man the classic has some high speed handling issues coz it had tubular swingarm as against the now standard box Swingarm whihc helps in better stability at top speeds.. so stability at high speed will still be the same for u.

@rtech No man u'll have to upsize the jets, c i increased the stock fuel flow by increasing the jet size to 115 while 115 is stock for u, so if u increase the air flow by putting a K&N, u'll definetly have to put a suitable jet.

Freeflow will hamper the the engine if the fuel flow is not matching to the amnt of air flowing in.. if they are adjusted properly then no problemo

Tho it may sound very easy to put a bigger jet, to get the best tuning u need an expert.. even mine is not tuned properly i have simply puta bigger jet & iam sure aftre getting it tuned properly froma good mech the change in perf will be noticeable
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

Techno, if I remember, you upgraded your 150 to a non dtsi 180. After adding the filter, you upsized your jets to 115, same as the Classic.

Now, seeing that I already have the 115, simply adding the filter and tinkering with the mixture screw should steady things out. Only way to tell is by trial and error though! First, I gotto check my timings with the stock setup.
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
a properly designed free flow should be okay.i have a free flow in my car sionce the last 3.5 years and its still good.
Okie.. So a K&N which KPhilip is going to put on his 180 wont be a problem later in the performance!!!!!!
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:48   #29
BHPian

techno,i dint get the answer u have given for rtech.You mean we should increase the jetsize of our classic pulsar if we need to install K&N,rite..
Old 3rd February 2005, 13:55   #30
BHPian

Do we know anyone who has tried it out on his stock lassic 180?!!!! Ask him!! Then try it out!!
That'l be better than the trial and error method!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks