Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 14:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
* The ride over bad roads was not good
The monoshock in FZ16 can be adjusted i guess. So if you put it on a softer setting the ride over bad roads should be significantly better.

A general question to all the owners of FZ16 in this thread - In all the articles on the net about the FZ16 they say its very good for city commute but not suitable for long drives. The common complaint is that its not having soft seats and your butt will pain shortly after an hour of riding the bike.They say that this is the case even if you are riding for more than an hour in city limits as well. Is this really true? I have a couple of my friends asking me for advice on buying this bike for doing long highway rides of 800-900kms round trips. Any info on the above from the owners would really help!
Old 9th July 2009, 14:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

This bike is certainly not meant for long rides with pillions, 800-900kms depends on rider's capability too, with a pillion though would be a strict no no.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:11   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The monoshock in FZ16 can be adjusted i guess. So if you put it on a softer setting the ride over bad roads should be significantly better.

A general question to all the owners of FZ16 in this thread - In all the articles on the net about the FZ16 they say its very good for city commute but not suitable for long drives. The common complaint is that its not having soft seats and your butt will pain shortly after an hour of riding the bike.They say that this is the case even if you are riding for more than an hour in city limits as well. Is this really true? I have a couple of my friends asking me for advice on buying this bike for doing long highway rides of 800-900kms round trips. Any info on the above from the owners would really help!
I never had the opportunity to test my bike in different shock settings. I would say no to FZ if your friend is looking for a long highway rides, I haven't had worse experiences with my butt but I feel the sporty stance will be a hindrance. Position wise I just loved Unicorn.
Ladies in the pillion will feel really uncomfortable, see this bike is strict no for single sided seating position and even in the other case no to someone you are not very close to (actually it can bring them very close to you see, I really dont know whether to thank or curse the designers )

There is always a possibility of being misunderstood, trust me.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:37   #79
Senior - BHPian

@Techno & Ranjith - Thanks a lot for your inputs... Will inform the lot to not go for FZ for touring. Apart from Enfields and Zma, is there any other bike currently which is good for touring types on 2 wheels?? Nothing else comes to my mind atleast. May be a topic for a new thread!!
Old 9th July 2009, 19:05   #80
Senior - BHPian

Nopes, the ZMA & Bullet are the best possible options for someone who wants to tour in India.
Old 9th July 2009, 21:11   #81
BHPian

Quote:
@Techno & Ranjith - Thanks a lot for your inputs...
Anytime mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Nopes, the ZMA & Bullet are the best possible options for someone who wants to tour in India.
Yeah I back it 100 % Heard that new Zma is on cards maybe your friends can look to it
Old 10th July 2009, 03:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Techno & Ranjith - Thanks a lot for your inputs... Will inform the lot to not go for FZ for touring. Apart from Enfields and Zma, is there any other bike currently which is good for touring types on 2 wheels?? Nothing else comes to my mind atleast. May be a topic for a new thread!!
I think you can take a look at the new 220. It has got a high cruise speed courtsey a long 5th gear. It should be a boon for touring needs.
Old 10th July 2009, 10:45   #83
BHPian

why dont you check out the new yamaha fazer?
Old 10th July 2009, 18:11   #84
BHPian

@Ranjith wat's the mileage u get for ur FZ16. Mine is giving just 36km/l in city driving.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
@Ranjith wat's the mileage u get for ur FZ16. Mine is giving just 36km/l in city driving.
For Coimbatore traffic conditions I get around 42 kmpl.
Old 10th July 2009, 19:21   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
why dont you check out the new yamaha fazer?
Ist that the regular FZ16 with a front fairing and some cosmetic mod's?

Better still wait for a couple of months and buy the Ninja 250R. That's gonna be a whole lotta fun to ride on the highway.
Old 10th July 2009, 19:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

yes the engine specs are same but the rear seat is supposed to be better plus a few touches here & there.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:50   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
For Coimbatore traffic conditions I get around 42 kmpl.
I do drive in coimbatore Ranjith. But I get only 36km/l. I dunno y?
Old 11th July 2009, 13:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad riding habits maybe? like riding the brakes or the clutch? Or may be short fueling tactics from your fav pump!!!
Old 11th July 2009, 15:10   #90
BHPian

Quote:
How old is your FZ I mean kms registered in the odo? I m sorry I thought you were in Chennai and I am always freaked about the chennai traffic, where in you make your progress in inches.
I dont think there is too much of difference. In fact I too got worse figures, I see you were using RX before so why not try to change your driving style a little perhaps shifting a little early and so on. After the first service my idling rpm was set too much when I discussed over this, I found that almost all delearships practice this perhaps you can save few precious drops by setting it to your comfy level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks