Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 13:44   #46

Excellent comparison, Sriram. Long overdue, but worth the wait!

ZMA it is, for me.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:45   #47
BHPian

Hi Sriram,

That was a very well written and explained comparo between Kari and R15. Nice to see that you have been enjoying your bike. I am also looking forward to buy R15 and want to know how good is the A.S.S of Yamaha. Do they care for their customers or they are like bajaj with Chalta hai attitude. It would be great if you could add a comparison of A.S.S too in your review (Second Phase I suppose ).

Regards,
Kailash
Old 11th May 2009, 14:35   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thats very nice compartitive review Sriram

The review is on expected lines. Now you would realise why HH doesnt bother to make any drastic change to the ZMA, its simple why fix something which aint broken (as in except a few things which can be fixed )

Would be looking forward to more reviews on R15 with respect to long term report 7 spares.

Wishing you more happy miles on your steed :-)

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th May 2009 at 14:47. Reason: corrected :)
Old 11th May 2009, 14:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

aah see it wasnt that hard to do, was it ?
Fantastic comparo Sriram, absolutely worth the wait. Looks like the R15 got you completely hooked (not that the ZMA is far behind).

Edit: Err Techno, 3 smilies ??

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th May 2009 at 14:39.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:38   #50
BHPian

Thanks Sriram. That was very well written and comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
. I never measured the mileage of Bull
I loved this statement
Old 11th May 2009, 15:41   #51
BHPian

@bblost - Thanks a lot!

@ev1lsyk0 - I remember your PM asking for the comparo! You'll be happy with whatever bike you choose - Both are awesome!

@kailashnj - I am neither happy / sad with Yamaha's A.S.S. I'll write about it and some spare parts costs in my next phase :-)

@techno - Thanks! I agree with you on why HH is not upgrading its ZMA. But, it is a clear example of "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you are not moving" - HH set a very high bar with launch of ZMA and did not care to raise the bar. Eventually, a lot of people have closed in or overtook. Talks a lot about their complacency - Not a core value of a leader. I can never forgive HH for not launching a single bike for their 25th anniversary - They launched a bad ad - That's all. Sticker jobs don't count!

@sammyboy - Thanks! It surely wasn't hard R15 did get me hooked - I am still waiting for a 2L 250cc (32BHP) ninja to kick the A$$ of insolent Karizmas who challenge me everytime in traffic signals! (Though I am not a racer boy type at all!) ZMA owners all treat me like I am their first enemy! I manage to kick their A$$ sometimes, but its getting tough :-(

@phrozerfire - Thanks! I am secretly in love with the Bull
Old 11th May 2009, 16:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@techno - Thanks! I agree with you on why HH is not upgrading its ZMA. But, it is a clear example of "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you are not moving" - HH set a very high bar with launch of ZMA and did not care to raise the bar. Eventually, a lot of people have closed in or overtook. Talks a lot about their complacency - Not a core value of a leader. I can never forgive HH for not launching a single bike for their 25th anniversary - They launched a bad ad - That's all. Sticker jobs don't count!
Sriram- I have told this to a few friends & I will say here again, we the enthusiasts dont make the cash registers ring, unfortunately(only for biking) we live in a country where people find a sticker job & looks more importance than how a bike fares technically. HH is simply selling what sells here, if it wasnt then they would have given something fresh every now & then.

A Yamaha FZ16 is selling so well, this is a bike which is a 160 cc bike priced at a level at which bikes with more cc & more power & better tech (RTR Fi)are priced. It doesnt have fuel consumption like a 150 cc. Why? Because it looks macho irrespective of the fact that the macho tank is a fake plastic add on, because it has fat tyre which many associate with a big bike.
Old 11th May 2009, 22:54   #53
BHPian

@techno -- I have to agree with you. But, HH didn't even do a sticker job for its 25th anniversary! That's complacency at its peak!

HH is slowly losing its respect in my mind - I can't believe these are the guys that brought out CBZ and ZMA! They were so advanced of the lot! And, I am sure they made money through these top end models (atleast CBZ in the beginning and later with ZMA).
Old 11th May 2009, 23:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Great comparison . I expected it as I was impressed with the quality of the first post.

I do not think Hero Honda will be able to hold to the top position for a long time as they are just making minor modifications to the old great products.
Old 12th May 2009, 08:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

Very nice review. It was truly worth the wait. Don't beat yourself too much, you really write well, and the R15 is going to take your ego(or the lack of it) in the right direction.

Really appreciate the respect you treated the BULLET with.

And finally, you should patent that sentence.
"You don't handle the BULLET, the BULLET handles you"
Old 12th May 2009, 10:35   #56
BHPian

@PatienceWins: Thanks! I am glad it met your expectations - I was 'lil jittery since I did not get the time I had planned for it. And, it was sammyboy who led me to post it as it was

@TheARUN: Thanks! You really read between the lines well :-) - Though I crib a lot about the Bull, I know that I really admire it. I almost spent 9 months with it. I'll sure apply for a patent for that sentence :-)

Also, regarding R125, I am positive it will not be launched in India. I am even ready to bet a 1000 bucks! (recession times, else, I would have bet more!) - And, there is no immediate upgrade to R15 - I heard Yamaha is planning to get some add on kits to increase its performance (God will bless Yamaha if they get some kit to boost R15 performance in lower revs). So, if any one is planning to buy, they can go ahead and buy a blue one or a black one (to keep my exclusivity ) and then buy the performance kit when Yamaha launches it.

I have collected a lot of material on R15 and some technical details - I'll share it along in this thread along with A$$ and spares. Thanks for all your wishes guys! Motivates me to share my experiences!
Old 12th May 2009, 16:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
@sammyboy - Thanks! It surely wasn't hard R15 did get me hooked - I am still waiting for a 2L 250cc (32BHP) ninja to kick the A$$ of insolent Karizmas who challenge me everytime in traffic signals! (Though I am not a racer boy type at all!) ZMA owners all treat me like I am their first enemy! I manage to kick their A$$ sometimes, but its getting tough :-(
i know what you mean bro, been over 10 years of wait time for me for the baby ninja as well :( Has been very difficult to stop myself from just going an picking up the Karizma. I hope they launch the kawa soon too. Till then, hang on bro dont let them dampen your spirit.
Old 12th May 2009, 17:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, HH didn't even do a sticker job for its 25th anniversary! That's complacency at its peak!
Hey didnt you see the 25th Anniversary special edition Hunk for which they had to set up a special R&D cell

But yes I too was hoping a complete rewamp (read new stickers, colors etc) for their entire range on the 25th year
Old 12th May 2009, 23:24   #59
BHPian

@Sriram,

Nice write-up, thanks for the review. BTW, how many km done ?
The other "concerns" I have with the R-15 as a daily use bike are headlamps and lack of mainstand , which I read has been made available as an aftermarket optional accessory. Can you shed light on the headlamp effectiveness , comparing to other 35W beams like RTR ?

PS : Normally red doesn't figure on my list, but loved the R-15 red , or maroon rather !
Old 13th May 2009, 18:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Hey didnt you see the 25th Anniversary special edition Hunk for which they had to set up a special R&D cell

But yes I too was hoping a complete rewamp (read new stickers, colors etc) for their entire range on the 25th year
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
@Sriram,

Nice write-up, thanks for the review. BTW, how many km done ?
The other "concerns" I have with the R-15 as a daily use bike are headlamps and lack of mainstand , which I read has been made available as an aftermarket optional accessory. Can you shed light on the headlamp effectiveness , comparing to other 35W beams like RTR ?

PS : Normally red doesn't figure on my list, but loved the R-15 red , or maroon rather !
I have done about 6000 km! Even I want a main stand! It is not available yet! Even I read it is available as an accessory.

Btw, it is a good point you raised about the headlamps - It is adequately bright, but I have a feeling it doesn't throw light! I am not sure if I am communicating it right! The lamps are damn bright but doesnt illuminate as good as it should. It should be brighter than RTR though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks