Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 20:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done about 6000 km! Even I want a main stand! It is not available yet! Even I read it is available as an accessory.
It is available at ORION i got it installed this Saturday costs around 800 bucks
Old 13th May 2009, 20:57   #62
BHPian

Thanks for the info ms001! I'll have it installed over the weekend. Badly need it in Bangy to squeeze the bike into narrow parking bays :-)
Old 28th May 2009, 15:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

R15 TestRide available at Chennai dealer.

Have read on the forum that Yamaha dealers do not give test rides of R15 and expect you to buy the bike without a TD.

So, I was pleasantly surprised when I called Sri Motors, Ashok Nagar-Chennai to check if the R15 was available on display and the guy said, it is very much available and that they give TD also. Hope this helps anyone in Chennai looking to buy the bike.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

A few days more and we will celebrate the anniversary, not of the bike but of the update . Wassup my friend? How goes it?
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:30   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
A few days more and we will celebrate the anniversary, not of the bike but of the update . Wassup my friend? How goes it?
You must have been my boss in my previous birth

I wrote the initial review, and the comparo only because of you - If I write my latest update, the credit goes to you too! I am traveling and should be back by Tuesday! I owe you an update
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

hee hee thats a good one. Well not that I am much better, my Menace has just managed to cross 1k kms after almost 9 months of ownership

Look forward to the update, especially about the power increase . Lets catch up sometime when u are back in Bangalore.

Last edited by sammyboy : 23rd April 2010 at 16:40.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer
I wrote the initial review, and the comparo only because of you - If I write my latest update, the credit goes to you too!
Which I guess is a good thing, because the only reason why my mind keeps going to the R15 is your review. I guess many others would have also based their R15 purchase decision on your experience/review.

Some queries ;
1) Looks like Yamaha has made some changes to the paint-job of the R15. Adding some white stickers or something. Eg. your bike is a proper red color, while the red available today has some white stickering on it. I liked the previous version. Is that still available or do we have to live with this new paint/sticker scheme ?

2) Any chances of an 'updated' R15 coming out in the near future ?
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:00   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Some queries ;
1) Looks like Yamaha has made some changes to the paint-job of the R15. Adding some white stickers or something. Eg. your bike is a proper red color, while the red available today has some white stickering on it. I liked the previous version. Is that still available or do we have to live with this new paint/sticker scheme ?
Nope,
though if the dealer is friendly you may get your parts exchanged at a very minimal/no cost

Quote:
As of now no

I have done 8500kms as of now and agree with TS views except on the braking part,
you can literally play with the brakes, they are progressive and give you very rich feedback
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:36   #69
BHPian

any posibility to get a higher handle bar for R15 ?
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:54   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
possibilities are endless,
though you can sit pretty upright if you wish to while touring(i am 5'11)
Old 24th April 2010, 00:49   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
hee hee thats a good one. Well not that I am much better, my Menace has just managed to cross 1k kms after almost 9 months of ownership

Look forward to the update, especially about the power increase. Lets catch up sometime when u are back in Bangalore.
I catch up with all your 'Menace' updates! I'll search for the dyno report after the tuning. Worst case, I'd share my experiences after the tuning - We'll sure catch up when I am back!

Quote:
Which I guess is a good thing, because the only reason why my mind keeps going to the R15 is your review. I guess many others would have also based their R15 purchase decision on your experience/review.
Thanks SupremeBaleno! Glad my reviews are useful!

Quote:
Some queries ;

Looks like the red (maroon) color is gone! And I really don't like the bright / flashy red with white stickers - At least I am glad I got one! Yammy guys should have some spares, and may be you can talk one dealer into this color! I checked with some sources and there are no immediate updates planned on R15. I heard about a remote possibility of a 250cc, but I don't believe it is coming anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
I've not seen that it any of the official accessories - I hope you don't want to ride it like a HD / Thunderbird - Just joking! The existing one is perfect for the ride the bike provides. Any specific reasons why you are looking for this?

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2010 at 10:56. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 28th April 2010, 14:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer
Looks like the red (maroon) color is gone! And I really don't like the bright / flashy red with white stickers
Dropped in at Jain's Motobike, T.Nagar to check out the R15 and they only had the new red color R15. The earlier Maroon was 100 times better. The new white stickers make it worse.

They had the R1 on display (cordoned off though). Now that is a bike. This cell-phone snap does not do justice to the beast.
Buying a ‘Premium’ motorcycle in India and my R15 experience-dsc02346.jpg

The salesguy was reeling off info about it - 180-odd bhp, FI, liquid-cooled, 13.84L on-road price, 5L booking amount etc. He also mentioned a 8-9 kmpl mileage.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 28th April 2010 at 14:40.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:57   #73
BHPian

Quote:

They had the R1 on display (cordoned off though). Now that is a bike. This cell-phone snap does not do justice to the beast.
Attachment 339453
The new red color is really bad - I hope they bring back the maroon!

Btw, thats the bike! - I can't imagine how much it will cost here in Bangalore
Old 1st June 2010, 13:40   #74
gou
BHPian

Very nice review Sriram. That answers some of the questions that I had.

One thing I would like to know is how does the suspension in R15 fare in comparision to Karizma. What I know is R15 has mono-suspension and it is a better technology. I also stay in Bangalore and some of the roads I travel in are really bad. I own an Activa right now and it really gives me sharp zerks on potholes and thats the main practical reason I want to change.

So would like know:
1. Is suspension better over bad roads in R15 compared to other bikes?
2. Does the dual suspension in Karizma/P220 age faster compared to mono-suspension in R15/FZ16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The new red color is really bad - I hope they bring back the maroon!

Btw, thats the bike! - I can't imagine how much it will cost here in Bangalore
I checked blue R1 in Yamaha showroom in opp. to Forum in Koramangala around 6 months back. It looks awesome. They were not allowing to even sit on it. It costs somewhere around 10-11L
Old 30th January 2011, 14:33   #75
BHPian

Re: Buying a ‘Premium’ motorcycle in India and my R15 experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by gou View Post
Very nice review Sriram. That answers some of the questions that I had.

One thing I would like to know is how does the suspension in R15 fare in comparision to Karizma. What I know is R15 has mono-suspension and it is a better technology. I also stay in Bangalore and some of the roads I travel in are really bad. I own an Activa right now and it really gives me sharp zerks on potholes and thats the main practical reason I want to change.

So would like know:
1. Is suspension better over bad roads in R15 compared to other bikes?
2. Does the dual suspension in Karizma/P220 age faster compared to mono-suspension in R15/FZ16?
Sorry! I didnt see your message earlier, else I'd have replied by then.

I don't know much to compare the merits of mono and dual suspension, but the suspension is crappy if you want a good ride quality. How this suspension holds for the handling part is pretty awesome. But, if you want a nice place to sit, this is not it. (not just the suspension, the whole bike actually )

Suspension of ZMA was(is?) VERY good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks