Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 13:46   #496
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
But on the 350cc, what sort of crank case oil useage could I expect? How any kilometers per liter would still be acceptable
Do not follow any fix (also there is no one) formula. Check your bike at every three days frequency for fitness. There may be any comedy issue like loosing of footrest nut, loosing of tail light screws etc.
If the leaks are under controlled a 350cc should not need more than 250ml top up in 3k (oil change interval) run.
(Alok) is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2013, 21:38   #497
BHPian

Re: Royal cruising: My 2011 Enfield Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurjot View Post
PS : If any Delhi members on the forum - can you guys suggest some places where i can get gut stuff for the monster...
Do you mean place/person from where you can source accessories/parts for your bullet or do you mean where you can get it serviced/modified etc?
Old 8th April 2013, 12:06   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Do you mean place/person from where you can source accessories/parts for your bullet or do you mean where you can get it serviced/modified etc?
Dear Amit,

I basically meant some good trusted places wherein i can source accessories/parts..

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 11:54. Reason: changed gud to good. please avoid slang words and short forms.
Old 12th April 2013, 18:53   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurjot View Post
I basically meant some gud trusted places wherein i can source accessories/parts..
Karol Bagh is the place for you then. I don't have any specific shops/person(s) in mind, maybe someone more knowledgeable can help.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 15:33   #500
BHPian

Hello to all. Its after pretty long that I am posting here. Latest info. I am now preparing a 1979 350cc engine. I have put the project into stages.

Stage 1. Procurement of the engine (already done)
Stage 2. Dis assembly of the engine as well as the transmission
Stage 3. Making a list of the required parts and sourcing them.
Stage 4. Assembly of the engine and get it in stock running condition.
Stage 5. Sourcing an injector kit for the 350cc engine
Stage 6. installation of the injector and programming it for best performance.

Over that I am planning to sell the 1982 std enfield as I would be needing money for this project.

Anyone who could help me with the project and selling the bike is welcome.

To the mods- please make changes to the post if required.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:31   #501

Thanx Amit..would visit the place in the weekend.

Also i have been facing a typical issue - when i try to start using the choke, the self is fine but it does not start meanhwhile i feel the engine get flushed with fuel making it OVER.

All the more starting issue - any one faced & what could be the remedy for the same.

To detail the issue - bike is running & once i switch the engine off - & try to restart it will not & in the process - make it OVER thereby even when it starts it splutters & dies down again.

Need some help from the seniors here - as they would have faced such issues in the past.

Regards

Gurjot
Old 16th April 2013, 17:09   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
Hello to all. Its after pretty long that I am posting here. Latest info. I am now preparing a 1979 350cc engine. I have put the project into stages.

Stage 1. Procurement of the engine (already done)
Stage 2. Dis assembly of the engine as well as the transmission
Stage 3. Making a list of the required parts and sourcing them.
Stage 4. Assembly of the engine and get it in stock running condition.
Stage 5. Sourcing an injector kit for the 350cc engine
Stage 6. installation of the injector and programming it for best performance.

Over that I am planning to sell the 1982 std enfield as I would be needing money for this project.

Anyone who could help me with the project and selling the bike is welcome.

To the mods- please make changes to the post if required.
Fuel Injection is a good idea but why a '79 model? I mean these heavy-crank engines are few & far between. Or is it that you want to enjoy all the pros of the injector on a period Bullet?
Old 16th April 2013, 17:36   #503
BHPian

Thanks for your reply sir. Basically this is a project engine. I am doing my automobile engineering and currently am in my pre final year.
So this was a project I had thought of. Initially I'd be restoring tge engine to stock condition. We have a testing rig back here where in we can test all parameters of an engine.
Next I'll install the injectors and programme it. Then the second set of reading would be taken.
Old 17th April 2013, 20:13   #504
BHPian

Hi guys,
Any step by step guide on how to change the clutch cable in TBTS?
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:19   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even though the RE engineers and everyone else told me to start your bike for first time via. kick rod and not ES but, I simply dont adhere to that advice.

I start my bike ( sometimes once in 3-4 days) in morning using ES and it starts in my first thumb.

No problems with my electric start till date
I have been having some problems with my ES on TB. once the engine has started i use the bike on alternate days ) then it does stall if i put it off when ever there is a pit stop, as one cant keep the bike running forever. My dilemma is that when the bike has been run for a couple of kms and the engine is warmed up why does the ES give problems?

In fact due to a back issue I don't want to risk doing a lot of kicking. I look forward to some inputs so that i can do the corrective actions. my TB is a 2007 black.

Rgds

Gurjot

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 11:56. Reason: cleaned up excessive dots and sms lingo from your post.
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:31   #506

Hello People,

I own a Classic DS since Feb this year. It has been a treat to drive her everyday and every second i am on the bike, i feel a sense of entitlement which cannot be expressed in words.

Just today, the bike started having this issue. The rear brake light wont go off even if the brakes are not engaged. Only when i switch off the ignition the tail light(brake light) goes off. I dont think this is a major problem but its bothering me none the same.

I could guess these to be the reasons
1. The rear brakes could be engaged (very slightly as i dont really feel it when i drive)
2. Electric circuit problem somewhere.

Gurus out here, please throw some light and make my life easy.

Thank you.
Old 24th April 2013, 03:13   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Gurjot
If I'm reading your post correctly, you mention that the engine stalls if it is left running at an idle?
If so, it sounds like your carburetor either needs cleaning or adjustment or both.

Although you say the ES gives problems after the engine is warmed up you do not say what the problems are.

When the starter button is depressed do you hear a "click" but the ES does nothing?
Does the electric motor start running but the engine fails to turn over?
Does the engine start to crank but then stops while the electric motor continues to run?
Does the engine crank but fails to fire?

Each of these conditions are possible but the solution for for each problem is different.

Perhaps if you could describe exactly what the ES is, or isn't doing we could be more helpful.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:04   #508
BHPian

This ain't a very big issue as long as the brakes aren't getting engaged when you ride the bike.
Check the two side boxes of the bike, the ones with the key lock. One of them has a brake light switch connected to the brake linkage. I am pretty much sure that tge switch ia at fault. The return mechanism would be having some problem. A replacement switch wont cost you more than 100-150 bucks if required.
Old 24th April 2013, 08:47   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofreak View Post
Hello People,

I own a Classic DS since Feb this year. It has been a treat to drive her everyday and every second i am on the bike, i feel a sense of entitlement which cannot be expressed in words.

Just today, the bike started having this issue. The rear brake light wont go off even if the brakes are not engaged. Only when i switch off the ignition the tail light(brake light) goes off. I dont think this is a major problem but its bothering me none the same.

I could guess these to be the reasons
1. The rear brakes could be engaged (very slightly as i dont really feel it when i drive)
2. Electric circuit problem somewhere.

Gurus out here, please throw some light and make my life easy.

Thank you.
Dont worry, not a major issue. It could be the switch as SINGH said or just the spring. Pull the spring that connects to the switch a bit further and release manually to see if it goes back to the original position.
Old 25th April 2013, 11:45   #510
BHPian

Hello friends,
I am planning to get my 2009 TBTS repainted to matte black and also considering to powder coat the engine parts.
What would be the approximate cost of powder coating?
Also any reliable sources in Mumbai where i can get this job done?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks