Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:54   #616
BHPian

Re: All T-BHP Royal Enfield Owners- Your Bike Pics here Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
The bullets are used for daily commute by a large number of users. The TB500 (and even the 350) are easy to handle and maneouvre well in traffic too.
Do the TD (for both) and it should help you decide. If you are sure you wouldn't be riding a lot on highways, 350 will ofcourse deliver better FE in the city. BTW i am 5'8" too, 74 kg and proud rider of a TB500, so your height and weight shouldn't be any problem.. and yes, best of luck
Just for my senses, can we safely ignore the 500cc since I am not into highway/long driving. 40k is meager, but I need some strong data points to justify myself on why should I go for the 350 rather than the 500.

And glad you are same build as me, so the TBTS should definitely suit me.

Let me anyways look both of them in flesh and leave it to my Home Minister to decide.
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:03   #617
Senior - BHPian

A 500 c Bullet is essentially an over-bored 350 cc Bullet.

The basic difference one finds is in the acceleration and sprint through the gears.

The top ends are maybe 10 kmph here and there.

They look the same. They weigh nearly the same. Everything else is the same.
Old 3rd August 2013, 02:13   #618
Senior - BHPian

A rider would just ride and not worry too much about CC & other logistics. Good discussion but depends on the choice of the owner.

Would recommend every Bullet lover to buy what they want and live it up rather than discussing too much on why and why not
Old 3rd August 2013, 03:08   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

The weight of the Royal Enfield 500 has been mentioned as a possible problem.

In my experience, when riding a motorcycle there is very little difference in the effort or strength needed to ride a lightweight or a much heavier bike when it is moving.

When stopped, if the motorcycle is kept in a vertical attitude there is still little difference between a lightweight and a heavy bike but sooner or later, for one reason or another, the bike will someday fall down.

This is when the supporters of the ultra-light and lightweight bikes will say, "I told you so!"

If you watch this short video and do as the people in it do you can easily turn their grin into a look of awe.

Notice the bike in the video is one of the heavyweight Harley's that weighs almost twice as much as a Royal Enfield 500 and a petite woman has no problem getting the motorcycle back on its wheels.
ArizonaJim is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:39   #620
BHPian

^ Jerry Motorman Palladino.. an absolute genius. The training videos (Ride like a Pro series) he has compiled is simply the best.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 3rd August 2013 at 13:41.
Old 4th August 2013, 21:26   #621
BHPian

My first RE ever.. And a bike after 8 years.. Help!

Hello fellow bhpians,

I so miss not being able to create a thread around my car experience. So this time, i did not want to miss the action.

So here it is, right from the start...

My 1st and only bike until now was a kawasaki kb 125 bought in 1998. What a bike it was. Awesome power the 2 stroke engine produced and i always ended up utilizing all if the horses back then. A lot of memories and a couple of slides, once tearing my ligament. My studds RB2 did an awesome job then or else i wouldn't have been sitting today sharing this. Always strap tight. Bought my first car in 2005, a zen and sold off the kb since it wasn't in a very good shape due to multiple engine overhauls and it had become very unreliable.

Now after owning 5 cars ever since and currently owning a Vento AT, the seed to own a bike again was planted with the plethora of new options coming up. Noticeable ones being the KTM, Ninjas, HD. The miserable traffic conditions in gurgaon also encourage one to have a bike and zip across. Test drove the duke sometime back and didn't find it suited. The next best option being a HD not in reach, had to suppress the feelings. But as u know, once its seeded becomes difficult to eradicate.

Saw a neighbour riding a classic and quite liked the bike. Never really appreciated the REs until now, but the looks of the bike drew me strongly. And the news around Sidharth Lal and his dedication to take the company to newer heights by improving the quality kind of encouraged me to move forward. Next stop Manzil motors for a test drive one saturday. Test drive went fine and the tussle between mind and heart stared. Difficult to justify spending upwards of a lac on a bike now with so many responsibilities and loan EMIs to service.

Anyways convinced wifey for a test drive and we again visited manzil motors. This time we rode with the full pack being myself, wifey and my daughter. We drove the classic and TB. I found the TB more comfortable and was drawn to it being a newer model. Wifey also gave her thumbs up to the TB so we finally agreed to put our money on a TB350.

So the booking was made on Aug 3 and the wait has started. Dealer says 2 months and i am already finding it difficult to pass the nights. Hopefully weekdays will pass easily due to work. Somewhere though you feel like a kid waiting for the call to come asking you to collect your toy...

While i wait, i need advice from fellow riders on following:
- what all preparations to do in meantime
- i quite like the RE accessories and plan to buy a helmet, jacket and gloves. Share recommendations please with options in gurgaon
- what all precautions to perform on the bike
- what all gaps to expect from the bike and consider them passable
- how to take care of the new bike., do's and dont's
- any groups i could join to enjoy the RE further

I guess will have sometime before finally lay my hands on the bike. Your valuable advice will be appreciated.

I plan to update this thread regularly.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th August 2013 at 18:47. Reason: Post edited. Please use punctuation correctly. Use a single full stop ".", not multiples ".." everytime.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:36   #622
Senior - BHPian

Re: My first RE ever.. And a bike after 8 years.. Help!

Quote:
Nothing. Just wait it out. The new RE's are just home for any bike users for they have standard set up when it comes to operation. By the way, KB125 is one screamer of a bike and you will first lose the acceleration you were used to. Not that RE is bad, but its more of a cruiser spec engine than the fun KB125 engine.

Quote:
- i quite like the RE accessories and plan to buy a helmet, jacket and gloves. Share recommendations please with options in gurgaon
Personally they are all overpriced and not really worth it. Try out some good products (leather) from normal retailers and for helpmet chose something like LS2.

Quote:
Nothing. Just ensure it has enough oil and the battery is good. Learn few basics including removing tyres, adjusting chains, changing cables at least few of them.

Quote:
It is supposed to be no-nonsense bike, but unfortunately it comes with its own mood. Just adjust to the fact that you may spend few minutes a week if not day to check on the bike, oil, etc. Basic stuff.

Quote:
Its a long discussed topic. My Personal opinion has its own critics. But i would still go ahead and say the only thing you have to worry about running in is to avoid constant acceleration(read acceleration or RPM and not SPEED). An indirect indicator is varying speed. Doesnt matter if its between 20-50 or from 40-80. Just vary speed always for a couple of thousand KM;s and introduce the engine to gradually high rpm in short sprints.

Secondly do get used to the handling first before trying stunts including braking late or trying to squeeze between two cars.

Quote:
There should be plenty in your locals who hang out in a small T Shop enjoying a ride and cup of T. If you can find one such group you will enjoy riding. There are other groups who meet, ride and put a whole lot of nonsense and pressure on new comers. Personally avoid them. These groups have special logos for them, groups in yahoo or gmail with MODERATORS and they HAVE RULES that will make you feel like you are indebted to them .
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 22:59   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

But i would still go ahead and say the only thing you have to worry about running in is to avoid constant acceleration(read acceleration or RPM and not SPEED). An indirect indicator is varying speed. Doesnt matter if its between 20-50 or from 40-80. Just vary speed always for a couple of thousand KM;s and introduce the engine to gradually high rpm in short sprints.

Thanks for the advice.. Appreciate you taking out time.. For the run in, can u specify upper speeds and rpms too.. I understand from your advice that rpms need to be moderated and not really speed...
Old 4th August 2013, 23:10   #624
Senior - BHPian

http://www.nandanmotors.com/bullet.html

The articles still hold good for most of the machines. You can view it with your "own" pinch of salt.

But the science sounds very convincing and a common response to the article i have got is "Makes Sense".

This sums up my view on running in.
http://www.nandanmotors.com/running.html
Old 4th August 2013, 23:47   #625
BHPian

Congrats ! While the options you listed were all over the place glad that you bought a time less machine that would last long..
I am no bike guru, so no advises on this front.

Ride safe always use a helmet, I know you will
adi_sun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 00:14   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Hello fellow bhpians,

While i wait , i need advice from fellow riders on following:

I guess will have sometime before finally lay my hands on the bike.. Your valuable advice will be appreciated..

I plan to update this thread regularly..
Congratulations mate and its a good choice you have made. But 2 month waiting ? i wonder, i recently inquired through my contacts and TB was available without booking, may TB500.

1. Don't think much about the preparations, just buy a good helmet and you are good to go.. TB 350 is a good bike and you will surely enjoy it during city and long rides.

2. RE Accessories are indeed very good and eye catchy.. I won't say that they are much overpriced but yeah there will be some difference when it comes to the market price but then you won't get RE branding on the products when you buy form local market. you may want to visit meandering India and adventure18 in delhi.. just google it and you will get their address.

3. New RE bikes are way better when it comes to initial running in... Just keep the bike under 50 - 60 KMPH for initial 500 KM and you are good.

4. There are plenty of clubs around NCR you can choose. They all are different in their own way and you need to chose which one you want to join. Almost all the clubs have their page on facebook these days.
adroit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 08:10   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit View Post
. But 2 month waiting ? i wonder, i recently inquired through my contacts and TB was available without booking, may TB500.

Thanks.. Yes, the wait is 2 months as mentioned by the dealer.. Is it possible for u to check with your contact too.. I can cancel this booking and take delivery from elsewhere within delhi and gurgaon..
Old 5th August 2013, 10:11   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Thanks.. Yes, the wait is 2 months as mentioned by the dealer.. Is it possible for u to check with your contact too.. I can cancel this booking and take delivery from elsewhere within delhi and gurgaon..
I will check and PM you if there is any possibility to get the bike without booking.. by the way, what is the mode of payment, cash or loan ? A lot will depend on this.
Old 5th August 2013, 10:13   #629
BHPian

If you have the budget, I would always suggest the TB500 as a better option than the TB350.

Shyam
Old 5th August 2013, 10:20   #630
BHPian

Post edited: Please use capitalization and avoid typing like this... Readability issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
If you have the budget, I would always suggest the TB500 as a better option than the TB350.

Shyam

Well that depend on the need Shyam, there are many pro and cons with 500 & 350 specially because of the carb & EFI setup.

500 will give better torque and less FE where as 350 give you better FE and lesser torque. You wont worry much about power difference in 350 & 500 unless you are in hills where torque play a major role.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th August 2013 at 10:26. Reason: Please use capitalization and avoid typing like this... Readability issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks