Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 22:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

This bike has got the "looks" ! just wish it had bigger engine:(
Old 15th July 2009, 00:08   #107
Senior - BHPian

Looks good to me! Reminds me of the SV650N.
Old 15th July 2009, 04:02   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
  • One question that was unaswered was - Do the twin lights function like the ones on the R15? Which is, only 1 light in low beam and both lights in high beam.
No. Its worse. Its 1 light for low beam, and one for high beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Better buy a Zma at this price (may be it is old horse, but hold well). Zma beats Fazer hands down in all departments.
ZMA upgrade will most probably push it near the R15 in terms of pricing!
Old 15th July 2009, 20:11   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
ZMA upgrade will most probably push it near the R15 in terms of pricing!
Actually, I was speaking about the current Zma and not the coming ZMR. Though the current Zma lacks the technology the FAzer has, it still beats Fazer outright in touring. I am comparing because, the current Fazer price is almost near th eZma price.
Old 16th July 2009, 10:42   #110
BHPian

Another cosmetic change for FZ!!!

Definitely Fazer is good looking bike in the segment by a mile. But is yamaha turning in HH way??? New stickers new faring and there comes a new bike.
I wished Fazer should have been there with a new heart Also the premium that they are charging for the new faring is too much for my liking. come on yammie you got to be doing lot better than this. any ways all the best for the new midship from yamaha.
Old 16th July 2009, 11:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

The good point to note is Yamaha can do no more with the FZ16 Platform!! I mean what else can it do more but accessorize it more. So the next step really would be to do some engine work and not spend more on stickers.

Besides the looks, I wonder if the bike has much going for it in terms of long tours. Only time will tell when someone does actually post a review. And an impartial one that's not biased cause he has already spent a whopping 82k!! So far, the bullet remains my firm favorite for touring. Having clocked 35k kms in 3yrs, I can vouch for it. A close 2nd is ZMA which I rode on a couple of 1000+km rides.

What matters on long haul trips is the mile munching ability at constant speeds of 75-90kmph, ability to haul sufficient luggage, tow another bike in case of breakdowns and occasionally carry a pillion and still maintain these speeds. Now whether the 160cc mill is able to keep up with the Bullet-ZMA-P220 troika remains to be seen.

Till then, rejoice for having found the sexiest star whos charging a hefty fees after her very first film. You just aren't sure she can act tho! Only time will tell.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to add that the ability to take falls matters on trips like Ladakh. I've taken umpteen on my trip doing some offroading and still never spent more than Rs1.5k to fix it. Also, on bullets, its extremely simply remove the offending part, do some jugaad and just push on. Even on the engine mechanicals, some sort of quick fix works most of the time.

I wonder how is it on other bikes. I've never had to face such a situation on the ZMA or a P220. Of course they are hell less finicky than the bullet so i guess breakdowns, practically must be fewer.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 16th July 2009 at 12:03.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:26   #113
Senior - BHPian

Yamaha has started a Photo Competition on their website.

Yamaha Photo Contest
Old 17th July 2009, 17:52   #114
Senior - BHPian

The Bike looks good no doubt. But better than the ZMA ? I doubt.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:15   #115
BHPian

Anyone got a test ride yet? Yamaha has a link to ask for test rides. I have registered yesterday and keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 24th July 2009, 11:03   #116
BHPian

did anyone get a TD of the new fazer? saw couple of them on road here. the red color looks more metallic and bright than the red in R15
Old 24th July 2009, 17:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Just checked out the Bike at a nearby showroom & its a ripoff.

Well while it does look good infact very good, the only change over the existing FZ16 is the fairing that's it & they charging 7.5k for that.

I was under impression that the rear seat has been made broader or something but NO everything is same as FZ.

Also only one beam in high & one in Low, you cant turn on both lamps unless of course you pull the pass switch while in Low beam.
Old 24th July 2009, 23:33   #118
BHPian

yep, so much for touring with a single 35W beam . AT least they could have used H7s if they were configuring just single beams per unit , or H4 for compatibility since R15 reflector is used.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:47   #119
BHPian

I was planning to go in for the Fazer but even I felt that the 10K over the FZ16 was just too much. And that one beam only is the most annoying aspect of it ? Can it be rewired ?

Still mulling over whether to take the plunge. 83K OTR Mumbai is quite high.
Old 25th July 2009, 23:40   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Just checked out the Bike at a nearby showroom & its a ripoff.

Well while it does look good infact very good, the only change over the existing FZ16 is the fairing that's it & they charging 7.5k for that.

I was under impression that the rear seat has been made broader or something but NO everything is same as FZ.

Also only one beam in high & one in Low, you cant turn on both lamps unless of course you pull the pass switch while in Low beam.
Checked out the new Fazer today evening. the styling seems good, but felt that the rear turned bit thin compared to the front which has grown in size thanks to the fairings.

regarding the lamps, the mech. told me that we can use both lamps simultaneously if the 'high/low' beam switch is kept in mid position. i hope there won't be any issues if we use the switch in mid position.

I'm bit confused as to go for R15 or Fazer. Which one would be the best to give company for my RX 100? I'm more of a relaxed kind of rider and prefer cruising rather than going over 60km/hr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks