Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 21:57   #76
BHPian

Hi,

I have the Pulsar 220 DTS-Fi and was very happy with the way it performs. IT is a bike to be with. But you need to be very wary of the Bajaj A.S.S as they spoil the beautiful bike to bits and pieces. I have always faced an issue when the bike is given to Bajaj for Service and then after lot of followups, I am satisfied with the performance.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 13th September 2009, 22:14   #77
BHPian

Congratulation Man!!! Wish you a safe and nice drive.....
Old 14th September 2009, 10:46   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I booked my bike today.
Rs.82635/- onroad (Cochin).
They said theres no need for any additional accessories. It has it all by default.
Most probably will get the delivery tomo evening.
Why so much to the on-road price when the ex-showroom is 70K?

I enquired at the Pro-biking showroom here in Pune and they quoted me an on-road price of Rs. 78180/- and a waiting period of 25 working days...
Old 14th September 2009, 16:23   #79
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride - I really like both of them. The black really sets it off well!
Old 21st September 2009, 15:52   #80
BHPian

Booked a Silver 220 DTSi on Saturday, Awaiting delivery in 20-25 days!

Am still confused between Silver and Red color... Any suggestions guys?
Old 21st September 2009, 18:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Why so much to the on-road price when the ex-showroom is 70K?

I enquired at the Pro-biking showroom here in Pune and they quoted me an on-road price of Rs. 78180/- and a waiting period of 25 working days...
The Bike indeed costs Rs82500 approximately OTR.But some other bikes are cheaper;for example Apache RTR 180 is Rs71800 Approximate OTR in Kerala.It is Taxing and Other Levies which makes the automobile prices to vary from state to state.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:22   #82
BHPian

Got my Silver P220 delivered yesterday at home. Got it in 6 days even though the showroom people had told me a waiting of 25 days

Pics can be viewed in my Team-BHP garage.
Old 26th September 2009, 17:43   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Got my Silver P220 delivered yesterday at home. Got it in 6 days even though the showroom people had told me a waiting of 25 days .
Congrats on your "fastest indian".
Saw the bike and it really looks awesome, i myself will go for this deadly silver-black combo if mom finally agrees for the bike which is a tough job.
The silver looks so bright in day time, really different from the crowd.

The probiking delivers the bike at home too, i never knew that. Do they charge for it. Also how come you got your bike in 6 days when they had asked for 25, you had done the PDI or not?
Old 27th September 2009, 12:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on your "fastest indian".
Saw the bike and it really looks awesome, i myself will go for this deadly silver-black combo if mom finally agrees for the bike which is a tough job.
The silver looks so bright in day time, really different from the crowd.

The probiking delivers the bike at home too, i never knew that. Do they charge for it. Also how come you got your bike in 6 days when they had asked for 25, you had done the PDI or not?
Thanks buddy

The silver really looks good but I always had doubts since my homies wanted me to go in for a red one after I had owned a Silver UGIII Pulsar 150. They were like why silver again? And was confused between silver and red (did not like the blue and did not want to go for the black). But then finally booked silver and hoped that it would look good. After the bike was delivered, parents and wife also felt that silver looked better than red (they had not seen the silver in person before since the dealership did not stock one for display).

Bikes bought at ProBiking are home delivered on request(they don't deliver on festival days) and is free of charge! I did not do a PDI of the bike earlier, since the bike comes made as per order from the factory (as told by the salesperson and silver being in shortage). I was originally told 25 days waiting for any color but the showroom guys told me that they would give me priority if I paid the whole amount instead of the booking amount of 10K. So I did that and they gave me a call within a few days and asked me if I wanted it over the weekend. They delivered the bike on Friday, exactly after 6 days of booking. The other reason for getting the bike earlier than expected was that most people who have booked the bike are not local-Pune'ites. They have booked the bike by paying 10K and have left the city due to the Swine flu scare and will not be returning soon. So that's how I moved up the list and was also given priority due to full payment

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 27th September 2009 at 12:52.
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:58   #85

My 2009 Pulsar 220 DTS-i!

Hey :-)

This is my brand new Pulsar 220 DTS-i 1300 Kms done...

It is simply superb. I'll straight away get on with a quick review of my bike after being used so far:

1. The Engine is superb. LOVES to be hammered. The bike just seems to go on n on even above 110 kph. Thanks to the rubbish roads here, i've only managed to get upto 130 kph, but it certainly felt like it could do much more. 0-60 in 3.8 secs is genuinely honest! Sometimes u feel as tho u reach 60 quicker than that! Seriously, a lotta fun!

2. The grunt is superb...gives it a really mean machine effect, which it is!

3. Even for cruising, it's really gr8. Comfortable & excellent riding position. Clip-on handle bars are the best!!! If u try riding a normal bike after this, it feels so weird and unsporty!

4. The clutch is extremely good. Split-second gear changes are possible with no mis-shifts.

5. Brakes need no mention. Two disc breaks do their job brilliantly.

6. Cornering: One word - Rocks!!! The bike feels extremely planted and u can still pull the throttle while cornering. The MRF tyres look fab (rear tyre).

7. Headlamps: As in the previous 220, the headlamps are by far the best for any indian Bike. Light-throw is superb.

8. Fuel Efficiency - I've got upto 38-40 kpl.

9. All-in-all... a bike you will never get tired of (I Hope!) Its been almost 3 months and taking the beast out for rides just makes me happy all the time

Problems: Initially there were a few starting engine problems, but over a week after use that problem was rectified on its own. The fuel filler cap's key hole broke when i opened it once! But that was fixed instantly by the service centre. Apart from that none, and i don't care really even if it gives problems. Cos in the end its just sooooooooooooooooo much funnnnnnn!

ITS STILL THE FASTEST INDIAN! Karizma-fi is no threat. No bike in india is, yet.

I have one query. Will a slight mod i.e full fairing, affect the engine cooling? I do not want to do any other mods such as K&N filter or bigger tyres or upjetting...cos frankly speaking Bajaj have extracted the optimum power outta the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0029.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0037.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0034.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0039.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0031.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0053.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0049.jpg  

My new Pulsar 220 DTSI ' 09-img_0042.jpg  

AgentP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2010, 12:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

sorry for posting on this thread as its quite old , but couldn't stop....

i took test ride of P220 yesterday ,

First thing is noticed was the rear view mirrors and fairing were vibrating like hell .. ( On a brand new bike and was not loose )

Engine was little harsh but gear box was very smooth .. RTR , R!5 ,ZMA and ZMR were more smooth

handeling is no where near to RTR or R15 or Zma even with soft compound tyres

Front brakes were Ok but rear disc gave a feeling of drum brakes at rear

Front fairing loooks too big and looked ugly

Its has good power but it becomes scary at turns and i had slow it down, so no fun at turns !!

Am sorry to say Bajaj people need to work a lot on this bike to make it a solid competitor , for the same price range RTR or Old ZMA is lot more better

No hard feelings to anyone , simple plain unbiased review !!
Old 10th January 2010, 17:50   #87
BHPian

50 days 5200 kms done. No troubles what so ever.

@ chirag bir: your points are noted. Will reply to you shortly since i am in a lill hurry.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:41   #88
BHPian

Guys i need to go for HID kit for my bike. Any info as to where to buy this from. Also will it going to affect my warranty?
Old 13th January 2010, 13:36   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Guys i need to go for HID kit for my bike. Any info as to where to buy this from. Also will it going to affect my warranty?
Not sure if one can get single set. Sankar bought a pair ( Philips) and used one on his bike. Check for this thread.
Old 14th January 2010, 12:00   #90
Senior - BHPian

a point i noted..

I saw 220 with IRC soft compound tyres here at Chandigarh and same on 150 and 180 but different sizes

And in Delhi & Pune I saw 220 , 150 and 180 with MRF tyres ...

All these bikes i saw at Showroom

Why so ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks