Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 19:55   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

@ hgps - I am unsure about the current used prices for the 650F but you are not getting a cbr1000rr for any where close to 6.5. I have seen 2012/13 go for 8.5 plus easy. If you are getting one for 6.5 stay away from it. Its probably all banged up inside.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 18:54   #752
BANNED

What should I offer for a 2012 Yamaha R15 V2(split seat version)?

Insurance over.

Bike seems to be in good condition
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:24   #753

I live in West Bengal and here I find that all new vehicles as well as old ones with valid papers come with high security number plates. A careful observation of any high security number plate reveals that it contains two serial numbers in addition to the hologram:
1. The registration number of the vehicle itself, which is unique.
2.The number of the registration plate, which is also unique.
Therefore, any high security number plate which bears only the vehicle registration number is likely to be forged.
Also, the condition of the number plates likely points to the following facts:
1. Vehicles with either the front or the rear number plate missing -- It is likely that the vehicle met with some accident, major or minor, and the number plate could not be salvaged while it was being repaired. So, call for an explanation from the owner.
2.Number plates where the black color of the lettering has become almost white -- It is likely that the vehicle has been over cared for and regularly polished with some kind of oil, probably kerosene. You get a good vehicle, but sooner or later it will require painting.
3. Where name of registered owner as per the license plate does not match with the actual seller -- The present owner has not transferred ownership.
pinaki1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:54   #754
BANNED

I am interested in a 2012 CBR 250. What will be the best price range to seal the deal in? I am fairly sure that the bike is in good condition. The insurance is live and the tires are new too. The odo is yet to cross 15k km.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 16th January 2020 at 09:58.
Old 16th January 2020, 10:35   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I am interested in a 2012 CBR 250. What will be the best price range to seal the deal in? I am fairly sure that the bike is in good condition. The insurance is live and the tires are new too. The odo is yet to cross 15k km.
Depends on where you are located, abs/non abs etc.

I bought a 2012 CBR250 ABS 23k odo run in 2017 end at 90k which is now close to 45k kms on odo without any issues. Assuming all is good, i would say anything around Rs. 70 k for ABS and 60k for non ABS should be good. Just make sure the ODO was not changed since 15k kms for 8 year old CBR is quite suspicious. I would personally not prefer such a low run bike for the risk that it was stored away most of the times and not regularly maintained. Good luck
camitesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 13:03   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Rs 55-65K if it is an ABS version. Lower if it's non-ABS (Though you should not go in for a non ABS). CBR is a robust, fairly abuse friendly bike . Still, do have the bike thoroughly evaluated by a competent Honda mechanic to avoid any surprises later. I have listed the possible things that may warrant a repair .
  • Check for hard moving handle - Worn cone set bearings ~ 2500
  • Front Tyre ~ Starts from 3000
  • Throttle cables A & B Rs 300 each
  • Clutch wire ~ 300
  • Forks (replacing Fork oil seal set + oil + spring + spacer if necessary) ~1000-1200, excluding a scenario forks needs to be replaced entirely
  • Gear Shifter Lever : Seal + Oil Top Up ~ 500
  • Coolant Rs 300
  • Chain Slider ~ 125
  • Battery - 7AH Amaron ~ 2000
  • New air filter ~ 308
  • Fuel filter ~ 150
  • Oil filter ~ 285
  • Engine Oil (Honda, synthetic) ~ 585
  • Front master cylinder ~ 300
  • Rear Master cylinder ~ 1425
  • Labour ~ as applicable (Approx 1500-2000)

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2020, 18:38   #757
BHPian

Hunting for a Used Bike in the budget of 25,000 to 30,000 INR.

Usage - 100% within Chennai City for local usage. A monthly run would not be more than 500 kms.

Currently, own 2005 model Pulsar 150. General service with Clutch/time chain replacement would cost 2,000 roughly and RC Renewal/Insurance renewal would cost around 2,000.
To get it back to condition (include painting since most of the panels have faded) may have to spend around 9,000 - 10,000 INR to restore.

Need your advice, If I can get it restored or sell it (getting offers till 8,000 INR) and get a good condition bike which will serve for the next 5-7 years. I'm 5'11 and sketched for Karizma/Unicorn/CBZ Xtreme/Fazer within the budget. Already own an Activa that I and wife share. So, No to scooters.

If there are any leads for the used bikes in Chennai, Please DM.
ash22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2020, 12:34   #758
BHPian

Was Hunting for a Used Bullet for some time after i sold my 1992 model bullet when i met with an accident in china in 2015. Usage - 100% within Bangalore City and Long drives. Recently i came through a Bullet 2010 500CC FI model and details are below

No if Owners: 2(Presicely 1) it was in his father name after he expired it was transffered to his name, he has shown all the proofs for the same hence we believe his version.
Modifications: it has a modified exhaust which is on higher tone, no orginal silencer available
Insurance validity till Apr 2021
Driven around 30,000 kms till date and new battery installed in March 2020 and tyres are also in good condition would last for another 7-10k kms.

Few things he informed us that last month he painted the Tank as the bike was parked at his house an drunk activa guy banged the vehicle and it damaged the tank

Owner quoating 65k(includes transfer), is the price good deal or bad deal and how it different between Card and FI model?
Old 24th June 2020, 10:16   #759
BHPian

There is a RE Classic 350 gunmetal grey in my office for sale. Its a late 2018 piece run around 5000 km in excellent condition. It has got 3 yr ,zero dep insurance and all service history.Also some seat and exhaust modification has been done. What is the warranty given by RE and what is a good price to offer. Owner is expecting 1.40 lacs and slightly negotiable.
Old 16th August 2020, 20:05   #760
BHPian

Looking to pick up a used Interceptor/GT 650 in Punjab, but the prices seem a bit on the higher side. The ad below for example seems to be asking only about 35k less than new on-road price, for a year old bike.

Am I missing something or do used RE 650s just command a high price for some reason?

https://www.olx.in/item/royal-enfiel...iid-1588005275

Last edited by RiderZone : 16th August 2020 at 20:08. Reason: link incorrect
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 21:41   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
Looking to pick up a used Interceptor/GT 650 in Punjab, but the prices seem a bit on the higher side. The ad below for example seems to be asking only about 35k less than new on-road price, for a year old bike.

Am I missing something or do used RE 650s just command a high price for some reason?

Few points I can notice -

1. This bikes looks to have at least a few accessories installed like the engine guard and fly screen

2. 1 Year old in today's scenario means taking about 5-6 months of lockdown into consideration so fairly speaking bike has been standing still for half of a year in a way.

3. Running is very low - 6000 kms.

4. Mostly the owner is trying to recover his investment.

This one for sure has a high asking price but not really absurd I would personally say. and yes REs have a slightly higher resale value I have seen in general.
darkLightning is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 22:31   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
Few points I can notice -

1. This bikes looks to have at least a few accessories installed like the engine guard and fly screen

This one for sure has a high asking price but not really absurd I would personally say. and yes REs have a slightly higher resale value I have seen in general.
Thanks! Yeah that makes sense. He also seems to have an extra switch on the left handlebar that I can't figure out the purpose of. The headlight does seem to have some weirdness going on in the bottom section, but I've never seen an aux light mounted inside the main headlight.

Even with accessories I think something around 2.5 would be a fair price, but then again it's all about how much someone else is willing to pay.
Old 17th August 2020, 12:34   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The Interceptor and GT 650 twins were being listed for ludicrously high prices (Rs 10 - 20K below current on road prices which makes no sense because they bought it before the price hike!) here in Kerala as well. Listed prices in Kerala have now dropped a bit to around Rs 2.6-2.8L, due to the Covid related economic challenges faced by many.

A fellow TBHPian mentioned that his friend picked up an Orange Crush here in Kerala for Rs 2.7L a couple of months ago. Today, I would say Rs 2.3 to 2.5L seems fair though you might have to wait to find the right seller.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 16:07   #764
BHPian

Quote:
He also seems to have an extra switch on the left handlebar that I can't figure out the purpose of. The headlight does seem to have some weirdness going on in the bottom section, but I've never seen an aux light mounted inside the main headlight.
I was doing some digging around and the headlight does look a bit odd but I am also not sure how aux light could have been mounted inside the headlamp unit.

What does appear probable to me is that the left handlebar switch is connected to the headlight and in one photo I can see it having "Off" label. This could most likely be a bypass switch installed by user for turn off the always on headlamps.

You can find similar discussion in the forum's Interceptor thread, here's the link

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4633619 (Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin)

Whether it be a bypass switch or not the wiring has for sure been played around with and if I were you I will stay far from this bike. Also if it is indeed a bypass switch we are talking about something that can be termed "Illegal Modification" I think.
darkLightning is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 16:56   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkLightning View Post
What does appear probable to me is that the left handlebar switch is connected to the headlight and in one photo I can see it having "Off" label. This could most likely be a bypass switch installed by user for turn off the always on headlamps.
Oh wow, didn't know that was a thing! Yeah I'd probably stay away from that, I would prefer a bone stock bike, but apparently that's too much to ask

This guy has gone to town with lights: https://www.olx.in/item/royal-enfiel...iid-1583831420

This one has some strange end cans that I can't recognize, not to mention the bike doesn't have a number plate: https://www.olx.in/item/gt-continent...iid-1587205854

Last edited by RiderZone : 17th August 2020 at 17:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks