Team-BHP - All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/69164-all-about-exhausts-mufflers-silencers-re-bullets-5.html)

Guys can you help me out with a number or address of a genuine RE parts stockist in Delhi (Apart from Jain in Karol Bagh). I need an OE Royal Enfield short bottle muffler/end-can for my CI350 Electra which retails around INR900-1000.

Bhai if you want genuine RE stuff, then look no further than authorised RE A.S.S or dealership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 1645564)
Bhai if you want genuine RE stuff, then look no further than authorised RE A.S.S or dealership.

Except the short bottle silencers, as even the *** also has either a Laxmi Udyog or something (which by the way is good).

Do you think that RE makes all the components themselves ? They ofcourse source their stuff from other vendors. Like swiss, lucas, ravi etc. So if A.S.S is selling Laxmi, that means that is OEM..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashank.A (Post 1648183)
Do you think that RE makes all the components themselves ? They ofcourse source their stuff from other vendors. Like swiss, lucas, ravi etc. So if A.S.S is selling Laxmi, that means that is OEM..

Shashank-
What about the stock silencers that come fitted on CI 350 Bullets? Are they not manufactured by RE? What about the old model short bottle?

I guess it's just the quality that has to be good. Only physical examination can tell if the product is OEM. The construction should indicate if it's OEM.

Abhik-
Does Jain not have the silencer or is he overcharging?

Sid, whatever the A.S.S sells has to be the OEM or the current recommendation by RE. Its very much possible that the vendor who was supplying parts to RE 20 years back is no longer in business or RE does not deal with it any longer.

So RE will go to the market and find another vendor to supply similar parts, with same quality parameters.

So whatever you get in RE workshops is your best bet..

i'm not sure which way this thread was intended to go.
i find that most RE owners in india prefer a loud sound on their beasts.
i however like a quiet sound but with that strong thump. when i first got my bike the sound was great. i could virtually sneak up on people and they never knew i was there til i went by them! i liked that. but, before i shipped my bike back to the usa, i bought a new after-market silencer from jain in karol bagh and it has never sounded the same. still too loud for my liking now after 6 years. it is also rusting away.
so, what would anyone recommend for me to buy to recapture the sound i like?
i dont like the look of the long silencers.
would i need to buy an original RE silencer?
my bike is a 1972 350 standard. its in the usa now but i plan to come back through india this year and will buy some more parts for it.
i will try to attach a photo in another post of what my bike has.
thanx guys

The silencer to buy now would be the CLASSIC upswept one. That with a single seat is the 'in' thing for BULLETS today. It'll be very interesting to see what a UCE engine silencer will sound like on the cast iron STD

well arun, i dont want to buy 3 or 4 silencers for the bike! lol
i guess i can find a standard and try some out in karol bagh, no?
at least i will buy the original one and hope for the best.
hopefully the photo actually attached this time.

your place is "new delhi auto".. coming from gaffar market, cross the redlight with bikanerwala (on your right). app 200 mtrs on the left.. just before another redlight approaching. all genuine RE stuff!

thanx panky!
i will give them a try when i get back to delhi. i dont remember them, but i went into so many places there...
currently in indonesia but foresee a return in a couple of months.

All Short Bottle's and Goldstars and all create a racket after 60-70 and thump changes to dunno what.

I Hope You haven't seen a Goldstar with grills yet.
Once you'll listen to its thump,Your assumptions are bound to change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1578595)
To scare people silly and for that intoxicating whistle, goldstar hands down.

Cheers,

Jay

Hey Jay
I hope you are referring to a Goldstar with baffles and not a free flow one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navpreet318 (Post 1578616)
But doesn't it lead to a loss of low end torque?i mean the goldstar.

A Goldstar with baffles gives u a initial increase in the pick up along with a slight increase in the overall top speed due to its conical baffles which helps in increased suction from the exhaust port.
A low end torque though remains unchanged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 1578690)
I've never heard the Delhi Goldstar. I've heard Pune Goldstars (heck we have three) and they sound great on CIs and AVLs. It seems he gives options of a fully free flow Goldstar too. His rates are very high, but its a proper replica unlike the Delhi Goldstar.

I hope its only due to the looks ,that you don't like a Delhi made Goldstar.
I hope the thump is equally great and unique.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron_9191 (Post 1579199)
I understand the confusion here. Let me explain.

There is a difference in the diameter of the exhaust pipes for 350 and 500. 500's tend to have a fatter exhaust pipe. Not the new 500's but the old 500 Standard.

Hey Ron
I disagree to what you said.It seems that you guys do not have much to choose from different silencers available for Royal Enfield.

Let me explain
Here in Delhi,
We get two types of short bottle.Both Identical with shorter neck and llonger end pipe.
The two silencers differ only by their diameter sizes of the neck.
For example,we have a 1 1/2 inches of Dia neck,which is a direct fit on a long bent pipe (old model ones ).
On the other hand ,we have another short bottle silencer ,of dia 2 1 3/4 inches which is a direct fit on short bent pipe(Just like old 500 and all new model bent pipes ).
The one which you are referring to ,longer pipes on both sides ,is known as Indore silencer in New Delhi and comes both in free flow and grilled version.

I hope I haven't annoyed anyone.

Note from Support: Multiple posts merged. Please use Multi-Quote in future. Please refrain from advertising your wares. You've been infracted for the same in the past. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 1656240)
your place is "new delhi auto".. coming from gaffar market, cross the redlight with bikanerwala (on your right). app 200 mtrs on the left.. just before another redlight approaching. all genuine RE stuff!

You are referring to Jain itself.
Jain has two names
New Delhi auto and Jain Enfield.

i had my silencer cut, converted it to a shorter one (small bottle) had added the filling inside it. and now it sounds amazing. 60 + kmph it sounds even better.
All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets-photo033_new.jpg

Also i have got the silencer upswept a bit. i like the silhouette my bike has now.

cheers,
ac