Team-BHP - All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   All about Exhausts / Mufflers / Silencers for RE Bullets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/69164-all-about-exhausts-mufflers-silencers-re-bullets-8.html)

Hi All,
My thunderbird has completed 2k kms. I'm planning to change the silencer now. Kindly suggest whether to go for goldstar or some other short bottle silencer.

Is it adviseable to wait till 3k kms or go in now. kindly pour in your suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhik (Post 1645407)
Guys can you help me out with a number or address of a genuine RE parts stockist in Delhi (Apart from Jain in Karol Bagh). I need an OE Royal Enfield short bottle muffler/end-can for my CI350 Electra which retails around INR900-1000.

Hi Abhik
U can get it at Aman Automobiles,Old Gurgaon Road,Gurgaon.They have it in stock.Retails at Rs 1200.You can get their contact details at Welcome to Royal Enfield Motorcycles | Motorcycle India

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1778278)
No, the hot tube matters. It makes a big difference in the low end torque.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi Jay
I am through with my testing on both the bent pipes.One was free flow and other had a Hot tube.
You were right,Hot-tube plays a vital role in deciding Low-end Torque.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endofdayz (Post 1834056)
Hi All,
My thunderbird has completed 2k kms. I'm planning to change the silencer now. Kindly suggest whether to go for goldstar or some other short bottle silencer.

Is it adviseable to wait till 3k kms or go in now. kindly pour in your suggestions.

Hello fellow BHPians,

Someone plese answer this question as i'm planning to goto JC road. Is it adviseable to change the silencer now at 2.2k kms or replace it after 3k kms. Kindly advise.

Also what silencer for my requirements will be added plus.

I dont want a loud sound. meanwhile not that low even. somewhat milder than louder silencers. kindly suggest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endofdayz (Post 1839055)
Hello fellow BHPians,

Someone plese answer this question as i'm planning to goto JC road. Is it adviseable to change the silencer now at 2.2k kms or replace it after 3k kms. Kindly advise.

I dont want a loud sound. meanwhile not that low even. somewhat milder than louder silencers. kindly suggest.

Hi mate
I can only say that its totally safe to change ur silencer now.
However,I can not suggest u any exhaust due to certain forum rules.
Check previous threads,u might get an idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endofdayz (Post 1839055)
Is it adviseable to change the silencer now at 2.2k kms or replace it after 3k kms. Kindly advise.

Endofdayz,

I know it is difficult to hold back on changing the exhaust pipe as soon as the run-in is complete :D. I don't think there is a problem if you change it now. There is no issue with warranty either if you change your exhaust pipe only and not remove the catcon.

That being said, your options to improve exhaust note are the following;
1. Short bottle exhaust - company made or local (I heard that RE is making one specifically for the TBTS - you can check with your dealer)
2. Goldie pipe - free flow or with glass wool
3. Custom made - design and sound per your liking

Please don't ask me for costs.. you can check them out when you go to JC road. Sandhya should carry items 1 & 2, although I have heard that Goldies are being made somewhere in Shivaji Nagar (??).

When I took my bike to H.S.R Service Centre in Rajajinagar yesterday, I saw that they have helped people source Goldie exhausts. My suggestion is to call your dealer first, get the prices from them and check the ones on JC Road. Have you checked other posts? Don't buy one in a hurry since you may end up with a sub par local one that you will not be happy with!

As Ganesh says, Muneer Bhai in Shivajinagar makes the Goldstar replica mufflers. He charges something close to or above 2K for a single muffler which is costly. But a couple of chaps who are running the mufflers from Muneer Bhai say that it is worth it.

Both Paramount and Quality from Chennai also make Goldstar Replica mufflers. Their price is from INR 800-1200 or so. Quality is pretty poor. Both these items can be bought from Sandhya Spares, JC Road. If you do visit Sandhya, ask Kiran whether he has a short bottle silencer for the UCE/CL350 that fits the stock bend pipe of the UCE/CL350. Achint(EssYouVee) was looking for one.

And yes, don't buy anything in a hurry.

Cheers,

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbanavar (Post 1839135)
Endofdayz,

I know it is difficult to hold back on changing the exhaust pipe as soon as the run-in is complete :D. I don't think there is a problem if you change it now. There is no issue with warranty either if you change your exhaust pipe only and not remove the catcon.

That being said, your options to improve exhaust note are the following;
1. Short bottle exhaust - company made or local (I heard that RE is making one specifically for the TBTS - you can check with your dealer)
2. Goldie pipe - free flow or with glass wool
3. Custom made - design and sound per your liking

Please don't ask me for costs.. you can check them out when you go to JC road. Sandhya should carry items 1 & 2, although I have heard that Goldies are being made somewhere in Shivaji Nagar (??).

When I took my bike to H.S.R Service Centre in Rajajinagar yesterday, I saw that they have helped people source Goldie exhausts. My suggestion is to call your dealer first, get the prices from them and check the ones on JC Road. Have you checked other posts? Don't buy one in a hurry since you may end up with a sub par local one that you will not be happy with!

@G and Jay,
Thanks for the response. As per G's suggestion called up dealer. he confirmed he has short bottle silencer for TBTS. He is charging 1.5k for it. Need to check on JC road. Anyway What do you guys think. 1.5k is it worth it. or instead of dealer i go with JC road. kindly suggest.

Also Kindly give me directions to Sandhya stores in JC road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endofdayz (Post 1839622)
@G and Jay,
Thanks for the response. As per G's suggestion called up dealer. he confirmed he has short bottle silencer for TBTS. He is charging 1.5k for it. Need to check on JC road. Anyway What do you guys think. 1.5k is it worth it. or instead of dealer i go with JC road. kindly suggest.

Also Kindly give me directions to Sandhya stores in JC road.

On JC road, you need to take a right just next to Punjab National Bank and ride down the alley that will lead to Sandya spares. This is just after the second signal from Minerva circle. So keep right. If Sandhya quotes 1.5K, you really don't have an option, do you? Sandhya is from whom the Royal Enfield dealers buy their stuff. Also, try with Prem Motors who are located just below Sandhya spares.

Cheers,

Jay

Could anyone from Hyderabad throw some light on the Indore Silencer available at Commercial Auto, Secunderabad.

Planning to use it on my TBTS '10. I guess, there's a slight modification needed to fix it.
If anyone here is already using it on their TBTS, could you tell me if there is any adverse effect at the topend ?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayPrashanth (Post 1839724)
On JC road, you need to take a right just next to Punjab National Bank and ride down the alley that will lead to Sandya spares. This is just after the second signal from Minerva circle. So keep right. If Sandhya quotes 1.5K, you really don't have an option, do you? Sandhya is from whom the Royal Enfield dealers buy their stuff. Also, try with Prem Motors who are located just below Sandhya spares.

Cheers,

Jay

Hi all,
I thought of going to sandhya but somehow was not really comfortable whether i choose right silencer or whether i choose the wrong one and then repent one day. After giving long thought decided to go with RE showroom once.

Went and asked the service center guy about the silencer. He showed me another bike with this short bottle silencer. he started the bike and all according to my taste nothin loud. nor less.

I asked for the price. it was around 1290 and after tax with a bolt to add on silencer it cost me 1370/- was happy.

Now comes how to fit it as i had gone to service station in car. carried the silencer.

gave it a thought and did DIY.clap: all done in flat 20 mins. sounds great. and quality of the silencer is good.

it had part number for both clamp and silencer. sealed box. nice packing. all in all im totally satisfied with the short bottle silencer.

Enjoy the thump.

Cheers,

Jay

Lately i have changed my exaust from a Short botel to a Goldstar. by sans. i have posted up some photos in the other thread.

what i can say is that as said by others i have noticed a loss in initial low end torque but then again bullet has a lot of it.

the top end has improved. i have though not run the bullet with throttel full open. earlier i used to feel comfertable at around 80-85 as per the speedo. but now that has gone up to around 90-95. i have recently got my engine redone so still carefull with the engine. it has done around 2100 KM's

lets see will try to post up some figures after installing a cycle computer for exact readings.
----------

Oh would like to mention that i hate loud bullets. i can say so cause i used to have that fully freeflow delhi goldstar. but with the sans the exaust is loud but not irritating. its is sweet

DUG DUG DUG DUG.

Desi D

Here are some photos of this exaust.

Link to the other thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1832858-post149.html

I was wondering, what if I do not change the bend-pipe, and let the hot tube be there, and then install a goldstar exhaust ?

would that mean that low end torque would be lower than the stock setup but higher than a 'bare' bend pipe ?