Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2009, 10:08   #76
BHPian

One more tobu cycle from the Bajaj stable?

yeah this is what the world wants... more of plastic trash! X-(
Old 10th December 2009, 10:36   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
^ There lies a huge market where people wish to own a "Pulsar" - immaterial of the power, but cannot afford the 150 / 180.

I think this is aimed at those youngsters.
True but what about the people who have bought pulsars above 150 CC (They have one for every 30 CC increase or what?)

Anyways I don't own a pulsar, then why worry
Old 10th December 2009, 10:43   #78
Senior - BHPian

will be intresting to see the sales figure of XCD 135 now, unless they pull the plug. I still feel P200 was the best among the lot.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Won't this dilute the Pulsar brand?

Pulsar is the only long standing nameplate in Bajaj's stable and why are the giving a 135CC bike with that name!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
^ There lies a huge market where people wish to own a "Pulsar" - immaterial of the power, but cannot afford the 150 / 180.

I think this is aimed at those youngsters.
I saw an interview with Mr. Bajaj on some Business channel and I heard him say that the 'Pulsar' was still their central focus area. What do they call it... aah..The Flagship Model. So we can expect more revolutions around that for atleast a coupla years.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
One more tobu cycle from the Bajaj stable?

yeah this is what the world wants... more of plastic trash! X-(

wht do you mean mate ?
Old 10th December 2009, 11:17   #81
BHPian

criticism apart i thing its performance should enlighten. its a good 11kgs less than my discover 135. has more valves and a better engine. it has something which i would love to have on my bike - fifth gear. but i still prefer the discover though.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:31   #82
BHPian

They should come up with generic name for these bikes, like say... Bajaj Plasticar, or Plastikar maybe!
It's becoming like shampoo, 200 brands, all with uniquely named compounds in them, none is better than the other.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:42   #83
BHPian

Adil dharukhanawala was going all gaga about this bike in todays edition Zigwheels in TOI. Seems like the engine is really good.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Adil dharukhanawala was going all gaga about this bike in todays edition Zigwheels in TOI. Seems like the engine is really good.
+1,

and it is a new engine not the filled-up pulsar or the copy of XCD 135. atleast it doesn't seem as bad as it felt when it was announced.

Last edited by somspaple : 10th December 2009 at 12:53.
Old 10th December 2009, 16:21   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
+1,

and it is a new engine not the filled-up pulsar or the copy of XCD 135. atleast it doesn't seem as bad as it felt when it was announced.

Bajaj relaunched the same XCD 135 engine, with 2 additional valves

the only change they have done is with cylinder head. Rest all parts are descaled to 1:0.75. may be after some years they would come up with Pulsar 133, and then Pulsar 127.33
Attached Thumbnails
New Bajaj Bike launched - Pulsar 135 LS-head.jpg  

Old 10th December 2009, 17:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmechanic View Post
Bajaj relaunched the same XCD 135 engine, with 2 additional valves

the only change they have done is with cylinder head. Rest all parts are descaled to 1:0.75. may be after some years they would come up with Pulsar 133, and then Pulsar 127.33
mmm.. yes . but ignition (not SI) and valves are different and these seem to be significant mods to it resulting in better performance thus making this definitely a better bike then the XCD (atleast on the paper).
Old 10th December 2009, 21:27   #87

I think they trying to compete with Yamaha R15 with the look.. But I am feeling bad about this as I own P200 :(

Last edited by Eddy : 10th December 2009 at 22:34.
Old 12th December 2009, 01:14   #88
BHPian

My views:
1) Bajaj wants to pull some people who purchase discover to buy the new pulsar and thus increase there sales.
2) There are many people who want to purchase Pulsar but do not purchase it for fuel economy and higher price tag.
3) Highest version of Pulsar 220 has reached its climax.At max I feel they can go upto 250cc, I mean the engine with the same series cannot be pushed more with higher cc and more power. I feel it would need a complete redesign of engine.
4)As it would now be a complete new engine with cc being 300 -350cc the bike will be also completely newly designed. Bajaj will then again start with this new bike and pull it upto 400 plus cc level. These engines can be engineered with the help of KTM or might be they can just plonk one of the KTM engines into these bikes if its cost effective which I doubt.
5) So I feel Bajaj might start a new segment of bikes like pulsar for the higher cc ones and might not be named Pulsar.
I personally feel that this move by Bajaj is a wise one to pull more customers into the Pulsar flagship. I expect this engine to be Peppy nearly to a 150 and more fuel efficient than a Pulsar150. So once again the sale of the Pulsar Increases. If i were to go for a bike in that segment I would definitely give it a try. This will also act as a deterrence against 110cc Hondas new bike.Not bcoz of engine specs but the level of styling and features. Honda would bring to this 110cc level bike.P135 has split handlebars-clipons,split seats,Disc brake and digital instrumentation.

About some one who commented on Bajajs capability to develop engines on there own.Although being and Indian company they not only have developed there own Pulsar engine but upped it till 220cc with DTSI to beat the Karizma. I bet they will come up with higher cc engines sooner or later.It might take some time but it will for sure and Hero Honda by that time will be again changing the karizma with some cosmetic upgrades?Except TVS and Bajaj no Indian companies dare to touch the engine. TVS is quite slow in launching new products but they do launch reliable products.Bajaj launches new products in less time but with also less reliability.
PS:I personally am not a big fan of Bajaj bikes (due to lack of reliability and refinement) and especially the DTSI thing which I feel gives only a short engine life.I rarely hear of Old Pulsars with no engine work and having the same refinement and power as honda engines would have.
Old 12th December 2009, 01:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

looks much better than I expected! Nice one bajaj.
Old 12th December 2009, 03:54   #90
BHPian

The tank looks like taken from Apache. The overall look resembles Hero Honda Hunk.

The engine feels less strained at higher rpms due to four valves and it is rev free. Power delivery is nice across the rpms. Seems the bike is fun to ride in city, with new chassis with engine as a stressed member (courtesy: ride impressions from BSMotoring and Zigwheels).

Bajaj claims a 0-100 figure of 5.1 sec, which marginally faster than other 150 cc bikes. Claimed top speed of 115 kmph is very impressive with ARAI certified mileage of 68 kmpl. No tubeless tyres.

The nonfunctional grabrails are carried on to this model. The tyrehugger looks out of place.

I am sure this sells like a hot cake in the initial months. Bajaj bikes are known for quality issues and we have to see how this bike fares in long term.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks