Team-BHP - RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/71070-re-classic-350-initial-ownership-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1654851)
There seems to be quite a bit of extra padding. This was exactly what I was looking for. Even if the back isn't raised this much, a slight depression close to the end would make life easier.

What kind of foam do you have in this?

How difficult/easy is it to remove it? Thinking on the lines of using it only for long distance purposes.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Hey SUV - I am not sure about the kind of foam used but the quality of foam used is certainly great. I got this lead from Gordon / Chitan (Infact Chintan had the same seat on his bull which made me go for it) from Team-BHP.

With regards to removing the padding (assuming thats what you asked), that would not be possible. But you can always keeps this seat as a spare one at home and it takes not more than 10mins to switch seats.

It will cost you around 1.5K as you already have a good pillion seat there. Two bolts to open mount this one and bolt it back and you are all set to go.

Trust me, you will not regret buying this one. PM me for more details and we can talk it out and see if we can make some arrangements and have it sent across with anyone travelling to your vicinity.

Belated congrats on your bike. Do keep posting details of your ownership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantrig (Post 1655886)
Hey SUV - I am not sure about the kind of foam used but the quality of foam used is certainly great. I got this lead from Gordon / Chitan (Infact Chintan had the same seat on his bull which made me go for it) from Team-BHP.

With regards to removing the padding (assuming thats what you asked), that would not be possible. But you can always keeps this seat as a spare one at home and it takes not more than 10mins to switch seats.

It will cost you around 1.5K as you already have a good pillion seat there. Two bolts to open mount this one and bolt it back and you are all set to go.

Trust me, you will not regret buying this one. PM me for more details and we can talk it out and see if we can make some arrangements and have it sent across with anyone travelling to your vicinity.

Thanks a lot!

I might be in Pune in January so can work things out then. Thanks again for the help!

@basilmabraham

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1656479)
Thanks a lot!

I might be in Pune in January so can work things out then. Thanks again for the help!

@basilmabraham

Thanks!

Since you are coming down to Pune, would it be possible for you to make a trip to Mumbai?

As in that case we can personally go to the guy who makes these seats and customize the seat as per you height and comfort.

PM me and we can have this sorted offline.

hiii essyouwe,
read your review and others i want ask a question is maintaning enfield really tough coz everone in my family says its like nurturing an elephant(haathi paalne jaisa) actually iam also worried abt its driving is it that tough to drive it coz i get suggestion tht if it meets an accident then it breaks the leg.
Iam a die hard fan of enfield and drove almost every bike of its segment and now i have developed a good physique for enfield by joining gym,so do give your valuable inputs as iam planning to buy cl350!
Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1656479)
Thanks a lot!

@basilmabraham

Thanks!

Well, the new Bullets aren't very difficult to keep happy.
But then again, they aren't as forgiving as perhaps a FZ might be.

If you treat it reasonably well, you shouldn't have a problem. Changing the oils right on schedule and addressing any issue asap is integral to owning a Bullet. All said and done, if you love vehicles, you'll do just fine.

Even though I have had mine for a month, I still spend 20 minutes cleaning it for a 15 minute ride. So you get the drift, if you take care of it... there is nothing more fun than a Bullet.

A good physique is just about as useful as an ice-box in Antarctica when you crash at 25-30 kmph. But it nonetheless helps in slower moving traffic. I would advise you to not worry on that count and try to make your riding style more risk averse.

And if you expect to whiz around kapda market or palasia on a RE... just forget it! It can't nip around in traffic.

Hope this helps! I would love to answer any more questions that you might have!

Cheers.

hi again,
i already had drove p220,avenger,r15 and fz so cl350 is just like a angel,is electric start a pain or it just starts like normal and what is the mantainance charges you've put till date and by the ways you mentioned kapda mkt and palasia how do you know that?i live in palasia!
And further inputs to this thread welcomed,iam fillowing it like anything....
Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1659676)
Well, the new Bullets aren't very difficult to keep happy.
But then again, they aren't as forgiving as perhaps a FZ might be.

If you treat it reasonably well, you shouldn't have a problem. Changing the oils right on schedule and addressing any issue asap is integral to owning a Bullet. All said and done, if you love vehicles, you'll do just fine.

Even though I have had mine for a month, I still spend 20 minutes cleaning it for a 15 minute ride. So you get the drift, if you take care of it... there is nothing more fun than a Bullet.

A good physique is just about as useful as an ice-box in Antarctica when you crash at 25-30 kmph. But it nonetheless helps in slower moving traffic. I would advise you to not worry on that count and try to make your riding style more risk averse.

And if you expect to whiz around kapda market or palasia on a RE... just forget it! It can't nip around in traffic.

Hope this helps! I would love to answer any more questions that you might have!

Cheers.

Well, I haven't spent a penny on it other than fuel till now. I'll see if I can get the service done this coming week. Will know more about the expenses till now.

The electric start is good, but I rarely use it. I just like kicking better I guess! All said and done, the ES is much easier than kicking it to life.

My cousins live in Indore. I have vacationed there like for 10-12 summers. So, yeah I know the place well. :D

PS: Great to know you are following it. I felt like a perfect *** posting everytime something new came to my mind about my Bull.

hii again,
its really good to hear new enfield are maintanance free,i've also heard that some time reflex action of kick sometimes hurts back very bad,any other issues like oil leak? And what about false neutral is it really very frequent coz my mom is in gr8 oppose to buy a RE and she also has eyes on this thread,so your reply will decide my bike! Hahaaaaa even at 21 you need to ask your parents how awful!in cars buying decision they ask me and for bike ive to ask them....
Happy ravving
Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1660557)
Well, I haven't spent a penny on it other than fuel till now. I'll see if I can get the service done this coming week. Will know more about the expenses till now.

The electric start is good, but I rarely use it. I just like kicking better I guess! All said and done, the ES is much easier than kicking it to life.

My cousins live in Indore. I have vacationed there like for 10-12 summers. So, yeah I know the place well. :D

PS: Great to know you are following it. I felt like a perfect *** posting everytime something new came to my mind about my Bull.

Well, false neutrals are still there. But, it isn't really a problem and I guess they'll be solved after first service.

The bike has auto-decomp so doesn't kick back. At least in all the times I have started mine, it hasn't.
In any case, it is advisable to use the ES.

There's just one thing...the sound is no match for a CI. No one will realise that a Bullet is passing by. Maybe the upswept exhaust will help, I haven't used it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratikjammy87 (Post 1661829)
hii again,
its really good to hear new enfield are maintanance free,i've also heard that some time reflex action of kick sometimes hurts back very bad,any other issues like oil leak? And what about false neutral is it really very frequent coz my mom is in gr8 oppose to buy a RE and she also has eyes on this thread,so your reply will decide my bike! Hahaaaaa even at 21 you need to ask your parents how awful!in cars buying decision they ask me and for bike ive to ask them....
Happy ravving

Absolutely no oil leaks, came back from Kerala trip of 1878 kms. On the first day of trip we covered 504kms (Bangalore-Munar) and on the last day of the trip 611kms (Cochin-Bangalore, 100kms heavy rain) clap:. Bike never feels tired. Kick is not hard and there is highly reliable Electric Start; so no worry. Breaks are good, especially the front. Bike is 3 times heavier than me; in slow traffic feels a bit heavy to ride with all that luggage. Check the image, with that much load and a pillion rider bike pulls effortlessly and average mileage a stunning 40kmpl :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EssYouWe (Post 1662070)
Well, false neutrals are still there. But, it isn't really a problem and I guess they'll be solved after first service.
There's just one thing...the sound is no match for a CI. No one will realise that a Bullet is passing by. Maybe the upswept exhaust will help, I haven't used it yet.

No more false neutrals after 1st service. I never got one. It has done 2600kms now. I feel its better than loud sound on long rides with pillion; at least rider and pillion can hear each other :D

You have to get the upswept.

The upswept exhaust, on a 500 CLASSIC sounds much better than a CI. Its like the real BULLET sound you have there. This one they sell the bike with is for the green guys

hey buddy!!i finally found you.:D
congrats on the purchase boy!!the bike looks great,,and i am still waiting for my test drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RECL350 (Post 1662084)
Check the image, with that much load and a pillion rider bike pulls effortlessly and average mileage a stunning 40kmpl

from the looks of it there is no place for the pillion rider to sit. How did u guys manage.

and congrats on the long ride man.