Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2010, 20:29   #16
BHPian

@thesign

You should check the mileage after first service though.
I bought a mahindra rodeo (wanting to write ownership report for long, but have been too lazy ) about 1.5 months back.
The scooter is overall good but the mileage is fairly bad even after first service. The truth is i am not totally concerned about mileage and i can afford slightly more fuel bills. But the biggest issue is the range of the scooter. Rodeo has 4.5 litre tank (due to front fueling) and its current mileage is around 32-34. So i end up having to go to petrol bunk atleast couple of times a week which is kind of irritating me.
(My enticer has a 13 litre tank !!)

Also i believe your wego's correct top speed might be 75 but on speedometer you ll easily cross 80 kph and thats what matters for all you care. Most indian scooters(and even bikes) have huge speedo errors and i have touched 90 kph on different activas though their manual says 78 as top speed.

Yet to test top speed of rodeo properly.
Old 5th August 2010, 20:50   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluundertaker View Post
@thesign

I bought a mahindra rodeo (wanting to write ownership report for long, but have been too lazy ) about 1.5 months back.
The scooter is overall good but the mileage is fairly bad even after first service. The truth is i am not totally concerned about mileage and i can afford slightly more fuel bills. But the biggest issue is the range of the scooter. Rodeo has 4.5 litre tank (due to front fueling) and its current mileage is around 32-34. So i end up having to go to petrol bunk atleast couple of times a week which is kind of irritating me.
(My enticer has a 13 litre tank !!)

Also i believe your wego's correct top speed might be 75 but on speedometer you ll easily cross 80 kph and thats what matters for all you care. Most indian scooters(and even bikes) have huge speedo errors and i have touched 90 kph on different activas though their manual says 78 as top speed.

Yet to test top speed of rodeo properly.
True, speedo's are not that reliable. How's the Rodeo to ride?, is it as exciting as it's ad on TV depicts it to be??
Old 6th August 2010, 09:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

[quote=baluundertaker;2013240
[/quote]

Ideally speaking, the actual mileage is to be checked after the second service since during the first service they just replace the engine oil and do some minor electrical checks. Its during the second service that the engine checks, spark plug checks, air filter cleaning are done. So the mileage checks should always be after 2 nd service when the engine frees up and you can ideally rev it up to max speed.
Old 8th August 2010, 08:22   #19
BHPian

Sorry if I have missed it, what is the kerb weight of TVS Wego.
Old 8th August 2010, 09:58   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Sorry if I have missed it, what is the kerb weight of TVS Wego.
As per the manual, the kerb weight (with toolkit and 90% fuel) is 108kgs
Old 9th August 2010, 08:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesign View Post
As per the manual, the kerb weight (with toolkit and 90% fuel) is 108kgs

Thanks for the information.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:08   #22
BHPian

@thesign

The handling of rodeo is pretty good. Even though it is only 5 kgs lighter than activa it feels much smaller and lighter than that. Easy to bend and bike points its nose where you want to.
The ride is kind of bumpy at times but that could be because i am more used to ride geared bikes in last few years which have bigger tyres.
But as i said earlier, first service just got over last week and rodeo has done only 600 odd kms so i havent pushed it yet so dont know the high speed performance or stability of this bike.

@ghodlur

Thanks for the information. I ll check the mileage after 2nd service and see if there is significant improvement.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:

whoops i posted a wrong mileage is around 5kmpl, sorry about the confusion.

I am I reading this right. Looks like Wego can match Mercs and Audis with mighty V8s in milage spec.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:50   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenmachinE View Post

I am I reading this right. Looks like Wego can match Mercs and Audis with mighty V8s in milage spec.

HAHAHA I am so sorry!, I am not much of a mileage person, so when i first got the specs of the wego it was 40-50kmpl, then when i read somewhere else it gave 5kmpl. I am new to all this mileage calculation things, so I am sorry for the confusion.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:52   #25
BHPian

Hey thesign, nice review mate.

I bought one white colored 3 weeks back for wifey, but i must admit I enjoy it a lot. For all others who are interested, here are my few bits, mine is done 115 kms.

Regarding....

fuel efficiency, i know it is too early but it has returned 45+ yet.

Handling, TVS has worked really hard for this bit, the "balance" thing they are claiming is not just marketing gimmick, you can really ride the scoot at speeds under 10 kmph without putting your legs down. Handle is light too.

Comfort, being same in size as Dio, it has better comfort than the honda. Foot board is not high as the dio, so handle bar does not hit your knees while turning. Ride quality is nothing short of plush. One doesn't feel the bad roads no matter what the speed. This even my non-petrol head wife also felt. ( We also have a honda dio, so we do have first hand comparision).

Performance, can't really say anything as i am riding it gently as of now.

Also it has smaller turning circle than activa. Ground clearance is not an issue really. The roads around my home are really (and i mean really) bad shape right now due to the recent "developement" work, but i have not scrapped anything. But yes you can scrap it to some nonsense hill like bump with two seated.

Regards.

Last edited by indianvirus : 9th August 2010 at 23:53.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:37   #26

Pictures!

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010283.jpg

Front of the Wego, i still have my learner's license, and that's why the big ugly red "L"

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010284.jpg

Side view, will take clearer pictures later on.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010286.jpg

Tail of the Wego, It has LED stop lights...nice.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010287.jpg
Rear Fueling cap. No need to lift your seat up. Point to note, On the Streak there is the same thing, but it was a bit cramped for a person to ride pillion, but now the Wego is a bit more longer, solving the issue.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010290.jpg

The lock on the side of the Wego to unlock either the seat or the fuel cap.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010291.jpg
Rear tail light. again.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010298.jpg
12' Alloys!

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010299.jpg
Big enough to fit a full face helmet. (Mine's the flip type, and it fits perfectly.)

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-12082010292.jpg
And finally the speedometer.
thesign is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 21:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Finally the pics!! Black Wego looks real nice though yet to see one in flesh on the road.

Under seat storage seems to be quite good for some shopping trips to store the shopping bags. In the side view pic, the foot board seems to be generous even with the front storage box. Again a good sign to provide the front storage box as standard. Comes in very handy to store the vehicle docs, cleaning cloth etc.

Have you just done 63kms so far or is it a pic taken soon after delivery?
Old 12th August 2010, 22:07   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Finally the pics!! Black Wego looks real nice though yet to see one in flesh on the road.

Under seat storage seems to be quite good for some shopping trips to store the shopping bags. In the side view pic, the foot board seems to be generous even with the front storage box. Again a good sign to provide the front storage box as standard. Comes in very handy to store the vehicle docs, cleaning cloth etc.

Have you just done 63kms so far or is it a pic taken soon after delivery?

hahah I have just done 63kms, my parents told me not to drive it around much without a license. -.-
Old 13th August 2010, 12:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hahah I have just done 63kms, my parents told me not to drive it around much without a license. -.-
Good advice and i missed that you are still having an LL and not a DL.

Well congrats once again!
Old 13th August 2010, 17:01   #30

Hey a friend of mine did a small speed test with a pillion on my Wego, he said he hit 70kmph...so much for keeping under 50kmph before the first service -.-

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks