Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 15:54   #31

i hit 80kmph, but i am sure it could do 85 given enough road. -.-
Old 14th December 2010, 16:54   #32
BHPian

Re: TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.

Hi, can anybody tell me what is the maximum rider weight that this scooter can carry?
Old 15th December 2010, 01:24   #33
BHPian

Single seat , on a long straight road , I've hit 85+ not sure if it reached 90 but the ride quality is simply awesome , it doesnt vibrate or shake the body balance thing , I fail to understand , Why would you want to ride at 10 km /hr with your legs up , unless you're trying some circus tricks . But anyway good marketing gimmick . I've noticed something since the winters started . The scoot takes a long time to start in the morning . Would any fuel additives make any difference ? I have a TVS apache and I've been using it for almost 3 years and believe me when I say this , I've never used the kick start till date . It was used only once when the bike was delivered and the showroom guy was giving me a demo . So my apache doesnt crib about starting in the mornings . Fiddle with the auto start once or twice and the bike starts . But wego . Put it on main stand . Pull the choke , keep kicking for a while . Anyone else experiencing the same . Is it normal ?
Old 17th December 2010, 22:27   #34
BHPian

Took delivery of black TVS Wego today. Will give the initial ride experience soon. But first day's reaction is simply "woh! it is awesome"
Old 29th January 2011, 12:18   #35
BHPian

During winter time almost every new scooter has some niggles starting... I too have a wego and for the Bangalore cold I need to kick start every morning with the choke engaged. Mr. Gautamkhadse..I believe your Apache is fuel injected and hence no such worries while your wego has a carburetor and for a cold start it requires a rich fuel mixture and hence you need to choke the air flow to let in a rich fuel mixture to fire up the motor. My cousin has a Honda Dio... 3 month old and the situation is same there too... and one more thing....to kick start your wego you can do it directly without putting it on main stand...the main stand doesnt interfere with the kick lever... unlike in a Dio. So thoughtful of the TVS engineers.
Old 31st January 2011, 09:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhilesh Rai View Post
During winter time almost every new scooter has some niggles starting... I too have a wego and for the Bangalore cold I need to kick start every morning with the choke engaged. Mr. Gautamkhadse..I believe your Apache is fuel injected and hence no such worries while your wego has a carburetor and for a cold start it requires a rich fuel mixture and hence you need to choke the air flow to let in a rich fuel mixture to fire up the motor. My cousin has a Honda Dio... 3 month old and the situation is same there too... and one more thing....to kick start your wego you can do it directly without putting it on main stand...the main stand doesnt interfere with the kick lever... unlike in a Dio. So thoughtful of the TVS engineers.
Same with Activa in Thane. For the first start of the day without choke, it take atleast 3-4 manual kicks but with choke its just one kick. Then its the electric start all though the day which works.
Old 31st January 2011, 10:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same with Activa in Thane. For the first start of the day without choke, it take atleast 3-4 manual kicks but with choke its just one kick. Then its the electric start all though the day which works.

Same with Aviator, starting problem, early in the morning. Aviator was good. Sold because of height problem for me ( 5.4") as legs not touching down when I'm on seat. now thinking about Wego as some says having less height than aviator. is it?
Old 31st January 2011, 13:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

I have a Mahindra Rodeo, and I think I am having a better experience than the Honda and TVS owners. A cold start does require a choke application but not kick starting at all. Just a bit longer cranking time with the choke on and she fires into life.

Also, when my battery had drained out because of non-running for over a month once, I found it a lot easier to kick start than I had once on a Activa. The kick lever is positioned well clear of everything, though it requires you to put the vehicle up on the main stand to kick comfortably.
Old 11th March 2011, 10:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Wega owners, I was looking out for a gearless scooter for the wife but she is 5 feet tall and thus only tvs scooty pep+ was suitable. But I didn't like this scooter as it seemed too flimsy. would she be able to manage the wega? To put it in another way is the seat height comparable with scooty pep+
Old 12th March 2011, 07:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

There is a simple way to check it out. Go and test ride it. I had no problem with the Wego, and I am just 5feet 3inches. I only had a bit of trouble with the Aviator.
Old 26th September 2011, 12:24   #41
BHPian

A friend booked a wego 3 weeks back. Initial delivery time was 1 week , now this kept on increasing and they donot have any clue now when the bike will be delivered and is playing kinda hide and seek.
Called up TVS regional office chennai and they are saying they aren't responsible and after a couple of redirections gave a kochi regional numbers which seems to be not working.
There toll free is also not working.
Pathetic TVS sales and my friend is thinking of cancellation.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

Thesign, thanks for starting this thread. Its been more than 16 months now, there has been no updates to this thread. I hope you are enjoying your Wego thoroughly, now that you must have got your permanent driving license. Could you please let us know how much it has run till date, how many servicings till now & what has been the running & maintenance costs? Please keep giving regular updates over here.

My father purchased a Wego in Sep 2012. It has hardly crossed 400kms in the last 4 months & more than half of that mileage has been put up by me. Dad rides it only for errands. He is very happy with the scoot. Hope you don't mind if I post one of my Wego's picture over here.

TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.-wego-sep12.jpg
Old 21st March 2013, 15:16   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS Motor Company will now sell its 110cc Wego scooter in India with the option of a disc brake at the front. The disc brake variant of the Wego has always been in production but only for export markets and TVS has finally decided to sell it here as well.

Source:ACI
Old 21st March 2013, 20:15   #44
BHPian

We had given our Wego for service and had been to the sales area to look up the disc brake version. They had not arrived, but the salesperson said that there could be a 125cc version coming to compete with the Access. So that's some new piece of news (without any credibility).

Prajwal
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:42   #45
BHPian

Looks like Wego with Disc Brakes released today.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...c-brake/15912/

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks