Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 15:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: TVS Wego, Review and Comparison with it's rivals.

More information is found here.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/tvs-launch...from=home-auto

I personally like the color in the picture, looks bright and stunning.
Old 2nd June 2014, 19:44   #62
BHPian

With the new Wego, I like the way they have redesigned the exhaust and muffler. The way it sits inside the overall body work rather than hang out on the right hand side.

Also they fact that they have done away with the little storage box in the front (served no purpose, IMHO other than take away available knee room).
Old 26th August 2017, 00:10   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Old thread, but any feedback on the latest tvs wego please? Highly considering getting one over the hondas.
Old 10th February 2018, 21:25   #64
BHPian

Hi all

I bought a 2015 Wego 110 a few months back. I wanted to change the engine and transmission oil myself (as TVS service centre here does not perform oil change with outside oil)

I bought Shell Advance AX 7 10W-40 (1 Lit) as the engine oil. What I am confused about what type of oil should I use for the transmission?

The owners manual states that engine oil and transmission oil are same - TVS TRU4 PREMIUM, 4T oil

So can I use the Shell engine oil for the transmission as well or should I get something else?

Thank you
Old 12th February 2018, 23:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Hi all

I bought a 2015 Wego 110 a few months back. I wanted to change the engine and transmission oil myself (as TVS service centre here does not perform oil change with outside oil)

I bought Shell Advance AX 7 10W-40 (1 Lit) as the engine oil. What I am confused about what type of oil should I use for the transmission?

The owners manual states that engine oil and transmission oil are same - TVS TRU4 PREMIUM, 4T oil

So can I use the Shell engine oil for the transmission as well or should I get something else?

Thank you
TVS TRU4 Premium is 10W30 4T fully-synthetic oil, which is preferred in most vehicles these days, including Wego.

Wego uses the same oil as engine oil and transmission oil, of-course in two separate compartments. Details mentioned in its manual (pg-31), 1 litre bottle would leave you some 150ml spare. Many garage guys dont know this and could mistakenly pour 80w90 or similar gear oil in transmission (gear) compartment, don't let this happen and be cautious.

No harm in using 10W40 4T oil in this vehicle. Shell Advance 10W40 is semi-synthetic, whereas Shell Ultra 10W40 is fully synthetic, preferred.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 21:51   #66
BHPian

Hi pcpranav

Thank you for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
TVS TRU4 Premium is 10W30 4T fully-synthetic oil, which is preferred in most vehicles these days, including Wego.
I am surprised to learn that TVS is using fully synthetic oil for their vehicles! I was using a 2010 Honda Dio till recently (which I sold off and got the Wego) - I have seen the oil which Honda uses during their service and it seemed like run of the mill mineral oil - so I assumed that other manufacturers are using mineral oil too for their scooters. That is why I bought the Shell semi-synthetic hoping that it would be slightly better than mineral oil.

The problem is that I bought the oil before I learnt that TVS would not accept outside oil at their service center - so I requested them not to change the oil as my can of oil would be wasted as I had already bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Wego uses the same oil as engine oil and transmission oil, of-course in two separate compartments. Details mentioned in its manual (pg-31), 1 litre bottle would leave you some 150ml spare. Many garage guys dont know this and could mistakenly pour 80w90 or similar gear oil in transmission (gear) compartment, don't let this happen and be cautious.

No harm in using 10W40 4T oil in this vehicle. Shell Advance 10W40 is semi-synthetic, whereas Shell Ultra 10W40 is fully synthetic, preferred.

regards,
Pranav

What is your advice on what type of oil I should use for the transmission? Can I buy the TVS oil seperately through spares counter? Or can I use the shell oil for the transmission as well (read somewhere that engine oil should not be used for transmission). I was searching for info on google and came across a post stating that SAE 90 gear oil can be used - is this true?

Thanks for your inputs
Old 13th February 2018, 23:12   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I am surprised to learn that TVS is using fully synthetic oil for their vehicles!
What is your advice on what type of oil I should use for the transmission? Can I buy the TVS oil seperately through spares counter? Or can I use the shell oil for the transmission as well (read somewhere that engine oil should not be used for transmission). I was searching for info on google and came across a post stating that SAE 90 gear oil can be used - is this true?

Thanks for your inputs
Hi,
Im sure at the TVS workshops, they have different oils, including some of their regular wholesale oil purchasing.
Recently I got my Wego serviced at authorized workshop, and guy asked me regular oil (bit cheaper) or synthetic oil (bit expensive), I opted for synthetic one. However I didn't verify the actual oil they poured! This time Throttle cable and other routine maintenance (incl carb tuning) were done, and bike did feel good with renewed energy.

Do note, my Wego is about 4.5 years oil, ODO about 5500 KM. The bike is mainly used by wife for short local rides. Anyways, I do get the engine oil and transmission oil changed regularly every 3-4 months, mostly using Shell Advance AX7 10W40 (semi-syn) or Shell Advance Ultra (fully-syn), myself supervising at the local garages doing task for 50 odd bucks. (I know I overdo the oil change!)

In specific case of TVS Wego, transmission oil (a.k.a. gear oil) is same as engine oil, whereas in many other bikes its different. Its mentioned in their owner's manual (read HERE : pdf pg-43, printed pg-31). The oil specs should be 10W40 4T JASO MA2 API SM, either mineral (almost obsolete!) or semi-synthetic or fully-synthetic. However many bikes these days recommend 10W30, its mainly related to engine specs & its corresponding requirements based on tests by manufacturer.
Some info on engine oil can be read HERE or HERE, sorry for unsolicited info!

So for your Wego, go ahead and replace with same Shell oil, for engine oil and also transmission oil. Another good fully synthetic oil is Motul 7100 10w40 4T, you could try at later stage.

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 13th February 2018 at 23:15.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 13:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

A technical query about my Wego. After the service at about 4000 km (4 year old Wego) I find that the engine RPM at idling is high. Is there any way l can fix this myself - any throttle control screw or such a thing that I can twist or turn? I find it difficult to keep going to the service centre.
Addenda: sometimes the RPM starts off normal and then raises slowly while at standstill

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 26th July 2018 at 13:18.
Old 28th July 2018, 06:35   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
A technical query about my Wego. After the service at about 4000 km (4 year old Wego) I find that the engine RPM at idling is high. Is there any way l can fix this myself - any throttle control screw or such a thing that I can twist or turn? I find it difficult to keep going to the service centre.
Addenda: sometimes the RPM starts off normal and then raises slowly while at standstill
You can adjust the idle by accessing the carb via the inspection window inside the boot.

But since you mentioned that the RPM goes up as the motor builds heat, I'd suggest that you factor in an air leak, start from the basics and do a WD40 test if you can't spot any obvious causes.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 02:18   #70
BHPian

Since this the only somewhat active Wego thread, was wondering if anyone knows why the Wego would stop mid-run? Has been happening for a month now. The power just decreases and the engine stops while riding.
Old 15th October 2018, 07:46   #71
BHPian

When you notice the drop in power and before the engine stops, what happens if you switch on the choke ? If the engine continues to run, most likely you need to cleanup the carburetor.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 21:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandras1 View Post
When you notice the drop in power and before the engine stops, what happens if you switch on the choke ? If the engine continues to run, most likely you need to cleanup the carburetor.

The choke cable snapped a week ago but the problem has been there even after the then functioning choke had been applied during cold starts. Anyways, I got it serviced today, got a new choke cable, got the carburettor cleaned and all the other good stuff. Things are smooth and linear once again, will have to check things tomorrow as well.
Old 24th October 2018, 14:13   #73
BHPian

Is anyone facing the issue with headlight not being sufficient for night drive? I'm thinking of replacing the headlights, but not sure which one to opt for. Any would in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks