Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 12:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
I had the exact same feeling when I rode a friend's Ninja for a long distance for the first time!

Congrats man and waiting for a review and more yummy pics from you
Thanks a lot Murtaza. It does really inspire confidence .Will post more impressions and pics as I get to know it more.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! finally she has landed, congrats buddy!. Waiting for your initial observations and loads of pictures.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:34   #33
BHPian

This thread opened only 12 hours ago, and it's already in the third page!
Congratulations, Sammyboy. Your happiness has lightened our day.
Ride hard and ride safe.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:47   #34
BHPian

Congratulations Sammyboy,

Looks an absolute beauty!

I took delivery of mine yesterday too. She's black and I'm excited as hell!

Was a bit of an inpulse buy for me. I'd been driving past this black Ninja parked in the window of the Probiking Showroom on Rajpur Road in Dehradun for a few weeks and finally went in for a look 3 days back. Apparently someone had ordered for it to delivered for Diwali and then refused delivery citing financial reasons.

, I guess.

So it was ready off the shelf for me - no waiting - and I got greedy!

Not to mention that I haven't slept too soundly since I went for a look the first time!

Again, congrats on the bike!
Old 19th November 2010, 14:38   #35
BHPian

Congrats! Sammyboy

Welcome to the club!

Initially for a few days, you will experience the strong urge to keep looking at and admiring your bike every few minutes even when it is parked at home. You will familiarize yourself with every single mark and curve and spot that may be unique on your bike This is an amazing feeling and you will cherish it for days to come.

Regarding the run-in period, the first 800 kms are the ones that really test your patience, but its not that bad beyond 800 where you can go up to 80-90 km/hr. As others have suggested, you should do a long ride and get over those initial 800 kms fast.

Get some good riding gear and please do post more pics of your bike, probably taken in good daylight.

Get ready for that celebrity like attention you are going to get from now on! You will get a barrage of questions, some of them stupid, some strange, from curious people everywhere. Sometimes you will be stopped/requested by admirers to enable them to take a pic of your bike! Soon you will feel odd when that rare someone ignores your bike when you pass by! Everyone, almost everyone stares at and admires the bike on the road! I say all this from experience.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 19th November 2010, 15:10   #36
BHPian

Congrats Sammyboy,
Its sure a pleasure to know another passionate biker has got his hands on every indian motor sport enthusiast small dream, the NINJA 250R
Cheers to it.
The pictures looked amazing, wish i was getting the delivery.
The bike suits you. Enjoy the breaking period.
Keep updating your rides, so dreamers like me can cherish it through your experience :-)
Something about parking the bike inside the house.
When i got my YAMAHA after all the wait i had her parked in my bedroom. Beat that :-)
But then the petrol stared getting so slow i started moving it out of the room into the garage.
Waiting to see more and more photos of the bike.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Wow!! finally she has landed, congrats buddy!. Waiting for your initial observations and loads of pictures.
Thanks a lot Latheesh, will post them soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
This thread opened only 12 hours ago, and it's already in the third page!
Congratulations, Sammyboy. Your happiness has lightened our day.
Ride hard and ride safe.
Thanks a lot bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post

Was a bit of an inpulse buy for me. I'd been driving past this black Ninja parked in the window of the Probiking Showroom on Rajpur Road in Dehradun for a few weeks and finally went in for a look 3 days back. Apparently someone had ordered for it to delivered for Diwali and then refused delivery citing financial reasons.

I guess.

Not to mention that I haven't slept too soundly since I went for a look the first time!

Congratulations to you too bro, I guess that piece was destined to be with you. I did pass by the probiking showroom in Doon a few months back and was very happy to see the Ninja standing there. Never thought our small town would get an official showroom for an exotic bike

How about some pics and a review?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Congrats! Sammyboy

Welcome to the club!

Initially for a few days, you will experience the strong urge to keep looking at and admiring your bike every few minutes even when it is parked at home. You will familiarize yourself with every single mark and curve and spot that may be unique on your bike This is an amazing feeling and you will cherish it for days to come.

Regarding the run-in period, the first 800 kms are the ones that really test your patience, but its not that bad beyond 800 where you can go up to 80-90 km/hr. As others have suggested, you should do a long ride and get over those initial 800 kms fast.

Get some good riding gear and please do post more pics of your bike, probably taken in good daylight.

Get ready for that celebrity like attention you are going to get from now on! You will get a barrage of questions, some of them stupid, some strange, from curious people everywhere. Sometimes you will be stopped/requested by admirers to enable them to take a pic of your bike! Soon you will feel odd when that rare someone ignores your bike when you pass by! Everyone, almost everyone stares at and admires the bike on the road! I say all this from experience.

Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks Maibaa, yeah man its started happening already. Just cant stop staring at her, dont mind the attention for a while but I know it gets to your nerves after sometime. But until then .... ;-)

Will take a few pics tomorrow in daylight and post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Congrats Sammyboy,
Its sure a pleasure to know another passionate biker has got his hands on every indian motor sport enthusiast small dream, the NINJA 250R
Cheers to it.
When i got my YAMAHA after all the wait i had her parked in my bedroom. Beat that :-)
But then the petrol stared getting so slow i started moving it out of the room into the garage.
Waiting to see more and more photos of the bike.
Thanks a lot bro, wish you get it soon too. If I parked it in the bedroom, i will have to park myself in the drawing room :-P

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th November 2010 at 15:35.
Old 19th November 2010, 15:54   #38
BHPian

Congratulations Sammy.
Looks like Aditya's Ninja twin
Old 19th November 2010, 16:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again Samarth

Now that you have the Greenie, the kms on the odo will be piled up with you and Adi planning weekend rides!!

Ride safe and enjoy the agony of completing the first 800 kms run in
Old 19th November 2010, 16:43   #40
BHPian

Congrats samy, party pending. get it to office and we shall show off lol
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocklock View Post

, I guess.

That is some impulsive buy Congratulations!
Old 19th November 2010, 16:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Congratulations Sammy.
Looks like Aditya's Ninja twin
Lol, thanks man, Its his Ninja's student

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats once again Samarth

Now that you have the Greenie, the kms on the odo will be piled up with you and Adi planning weekend rides!!

Ride safe and enjoy the agony of completing the first 800 kms run in
Thanks a lot man, and yeah more kms and quickly this time. For sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
Congrats samy, party pending. get it to office and we shall show off lol
Hey Srini, thanks a lot bro. Hee hee, will surely do that one day will be a lot of fun
Old 19th November 2010, 17:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

I've got a copy of Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist on DVD and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch on ebook.

Next time we meet, remind me to get it along. Its highly recommended by many riders and teaches braking, cornering, etc. etc. Must watch/read. Has helped me immensely in improving my riding techniques.

Riding a sportsbike is not like riding a commuter bike. Speeds are attained in a blink of an eye and stopping it requires that much more skill and technique.

Anyone can ride fast in a straight line. Everything else requires a lot more skill. The book/dvd will also teach you how to counter survival reactions that generally cause a rider to crash, how to avoid a crash, etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th November 2010 at 17:17.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:23   #44
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I've got a copy of Keith Code's Twist of the Wrist on DVD and Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch on ebook.
Is the DVD available off the shelf in Bangalore? Could you tell us where did you get it from?

The ebook is a gem for riders. Very simple and yet fantastic illustrations. It just opens up a new dimension into riding which many are not even aware of. Definitely a must have.
Old 19th November 2010, 17:44   #45
BHPian

Congrats Samarth . I can sense your excitement from the posts itself. This calls for a meet and the Green Goblin's attendance is mandatory. Pics of the bike in Drawing room please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks