Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 11:03   #16
BHPian

re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Check out this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ods-ideas.html

I own a zma-r 07 model done around 15k kms. i get around 35-40kmpl.
my riding is mostly in the city and in traffic.
Riding style is sedate. 60 - 70kmph max.
If i rip it gear shifts become quite noisy and hard with the typical tak.tak noise being emitted when upshifting or downshifting.
I am using the stock factory recommended oil as of now. will be upgrading to castrol power 1 and iridium plug on hitting 16k kms.
Petrol used is regular , but from an IO bunk.

What are the spares that are shared among Karizma and other bikes.?

Last edited by iron : 9th April 2011 at 11:09.
Old 9th April 2011, 11:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post

What are the spares that are shared among Karizma and other bikes.?
Spare parts like Disc pad, cam chain tension-er, chain etc are few parts which can be borrowed from bikes like unicorn, Apache, CBZ.
Old 12th April 2011, 21:22   #18
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance..

I'm expected to take delivery of ZMA-R sometime soon. However, thought would ask this question to this thread to learn bit more since we are discussing about ZMA-R.

Does ZMA-R new model (supposed to be called 2011) comes with tubeless tyres? The reason why I would like to know is, there ain't much difference in wheel base. Also kindly let me know on the manufacturer selection.

Bluevolt:- Can you tell me what tyres have you been using?
Old 12th April 2011, 21:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post

Does ZMA-R new model (supposed to be called 2011) comes with tubeless tyres?
No, ZMA-R comes with tube type tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriramEfunds View Post
Bluevolt:- Can you tell me what tyres have you been using?
I am using stock MRF tyres and they are quite good for normal use; however an upgrade is a must who rides in extreme conditions.

PS - Congratulations on your ZMA, the new 2011 ZMA comes with a few changes than the previous model. Refer this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...karizma-r.html

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th April 2011 at 22:00.
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There sure is a difference in throttle response and FE. FE increase is very marginal. Do check it once again and get back.
Today my bike switched to reserve and trip meter reading was 595 KMs. Now dividing that by 15 (liters of petrol) I get mileage figure of 39.6 KMPL. This involved 70 % highway riding (DG expressway and ring road to be precise) and 30 % city riding (Delhi/Gurgaon traffic).

PS - Karizma has fuel tank capacity of around 16.5-17 Liters, as whenever I refill the tank after bike switching to reserve; quantity of fuel is around 14.8-15 liters.
Old 26th April 2011, 21:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, I got my bike serviced today from Auto-needs, and following are the details of the service.

6th Service (PAID)
ODOMETER READING – 12750 KM
CONSUMABLES – HH Engine Oil, Waxing, Break fluid top-up.
BILL – Rs. 490

There is some tuck-tuck sound coming from the engine when it is cold to which the SVC suggested the replacement of cam chain tensioner. But I asked them how can cam chain tensioner go kaput so early (read 12750 KMs) but they told me that this is a wear and tear part and can fail anytime. Now I am not convinced with their response. Can the part fail really too early or they are taking me for a ride.

As I refused them to replace the part, they did something to valves and the noise is gone and mechanic called this to be as temporary solution.

Please guide me regarding this cam tensioner thingy so that I can decide whether to replace it or not. What are signs of its failure and what could be the result if I don’t change the part till next service i.e. 15000 KM mark.

PS - Bike is running smoothly giving good mileage and top end is around 120 KM/PH
Old 13th September 2011, 17:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Got the bike serviced which included engine oil change. Total bill is - Rs. 436.

Looks like servicing costs have gone down a little bit due to partition of Hero & Honda.

Also did a small photo-shoot session of my bike. Cheers!
Always Game With Karizma!

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04860.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04861.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04863.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04864.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04874.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04876.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04880.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04884.jpg

Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience-dsc04885.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th September 2011 at 17:35.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 17:54   #23
BHPian

ZMA is an AWESOME bike! It never failed to put a smile in my face whenever I had it (I had a black one too, the one of the earlier versions (not R))

The photos look great!

Have fun!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 22:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have done insurance of my bike from Reliance online. The current policy is expiring on 14 feb and i need to get it renewed soon.

But I have a confusion - the premium calculated (from site) is Rs.824 as compared to last year's Rs. 821. The last year's IDV was 50,000 and now it is 45,000.

The premium should be lower as compared to last year but it is actually more. Please have your say.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th January 2012 at 22:35.
Old 7th February 2012, 23:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Minor breakdown

The speedometer stopped working in middle of DG expressway due to broken speedo cable and I had to get the speedo cable replaced after riding nearly 50-60KMs for 70 rupees.

Sad thing is that approx 50-60 KM were not recorded on the ODO.

Will be going for service in next couple of days.

Last edited by bluevolt : 7th February 2012 at 23:09.
Old 10th February 2012, 16:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

I got the bike serviced today and following are the details of the service.

7th Service (PAID)
CONSUMABLES – HH Engine Oil.
BILL – Rs. 460 includes 50 rupees for machine polish.

Hero now recommends 4000KM interval for changing Karizma's engine oil instead of earlier 2000KMs.

Overall the bike is cheap to maintain and run.
Old 10th February 2012, 22:19   #27
BHPian

Hey Bluevolt, thanks for posting your ownership experience. You are taking real good care of your bike and it shows in the pics. After riding bullets, I now ride a ZMA and love it to bits. Other than the cold start and soft seat which can be numbing even over short distances, I cant find anything else to complain about. Excellent ergonomics, adequate brakes(havent locked my brakes thus far), terrific handling and that unhurried engine - what a package! The best thing I like about this bike is that it never seems to be in a hurry, never seems to lack composure. The windshield actually works and the chain cover is a boon in dusty Bangalore. This bike really encourages a relaxed riding style.
Beast_of_Burden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 22:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast_of_Burden View Post
Hey Bluevolt, thanks for posting your ownership experience. You are taking real good care of your bike and it shows in the pics. After riding bullets, I now ride a ZMA and love it to bits. Other than the cold start and soft seat which can be numbing even over short distances, I cant find anything else to complain about. Excellent ergonomics, adequate brakes(havent locked my brakes thus far), terrific handling and that unhurried engine - what a package! The best thing I like about this bike is that it never seems to be in a hurry, never seems to lack composure. The windshield actually works and the chain cover is a boon in dusty Bangalore. This bike really encourages a relaxed riding style.
+1

My bike has cold start issue from day one. It doesn't start without choke (cold starts only). Earlier I thought I got a defective bike but after interacting with other ZMA owners I got to know that this is normal characteristic of this bike. My bike start with a notch of self + half choke open = warm up for 10-20 seconds and ride on.
Old 11th February 2012, 00:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Actually you should use choke everyday for the first crank, helps in the overall life of engine. Also make sure to use clutch while starting. And yes do give it a warm up of around 5 minutes, again goes a long way in maintaining good engine life.

Last edited by Technocrat : 11th February 2012 at 00:18.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 00:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Actually you should use choke everyday for the first crank, helps in the overall life of engine. Also make sure to use clutch while starting. And yes do give it a warm of around 5 minutes, again goes a long way in maintaining good engine life.

along with this it saves starter motor/battery also as the engine starts in single crank. My battery is stock and will turn three year old on 15 feb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks