Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 16:33   #46
BHPian

Re: Hero Honda Karizma Ownership Experience

Well, the ODO reads a shade over 12,000 now. The bike is pretty heavily used (read 50km commute everyday and regular long rides).

The engine has the characteristic Karizma clinging noise, but what I'm more bothered is the sheer vibes even at idle. The SC guy insists on keeping it at 1,500 RPM.

I thought of putting my bike thorough some performance mods, starting off with a K&N filter and a free flowing exhaust. However, I'm a bit skeptical about them as the stock bike itself does not seem super refined. I hope you're getting the drift. Thanks guys.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Another issue.

The bike was started this evening and after riding for couple of kilometers the clutch wire was gone. I got it replaced for 100 Rupees + 30 labour = 130 Rupees.

My Bike is only three year old and these minor issues are really putting questions in front of me over the reliability of this bike in future.
Old 20th April 2012, 22:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Another issue.

The bike was started this evening and after riding for couple of kilometers the clutch wire was gone. I got it replaced for 100 Rupees + 30 labour = 130 Rupees.

My Bike is only three year old and these minor issues are really putting questions in front of me over the reliability of this bike in future.
Now that seems to be a cause of concern !!

Can anybody tell me if looks modification of a new bike will void the warranty of the same; I'm not talking about performance but looks modification in this case ?? As I am about to get a new Karizma R, I want to change the visor, do some paint jobs on the tire rims, fuel tank and modify the rear number plate a bit. Will such changes void the warranty...wat say ??
Old 21st April 2012, 07:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Now that seems to be a cause of concern !!

Can anybody tell me if looks modification of a new bike will void the warranty of the same; I'm not talking about performance but looks modification in this case ?? As I am about to get a new Karizma R, I want to change the visor, do some paint jobs on the tire rims, fuel tank and modify the rear number plate a bit. Will such changes void the warranty...wat say ??
SJD,

Modding a vehicle under warranty is not recommended, as it voids the same, when things go wrong it gives the dealers a good reason to wash their hands off the vehicle even when the fault lies with the bike and not the owner.
Minor mods which can be reverted back with to the original just in case may be carried out IMHO. Paint jobs are again not recommended as in case of rust in the tank , it will void the warranty , same with the rims. Number plate you can change as many do go for the high security type embossed plates and this can be reverted back to the original if needed.

Hope this helps,

MP.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 16:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
I will suggest you to hold the modification idea till Warranty expires (2 years in Karizma's case). Hero (Honda) after sales team is hopeless, they have 'N' numbers of excuses for refusing the Warranty!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 00:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

I am facing serious rattling issues from the back plastic panels (the three piece unit over the tail lamp). I have tighten the screws but the plastics are still loose, I guess something is broken inside the panels which hold the plastics fixed in place.

I remember someone posted a DIY fixing rattling issues of Karizma's rear panels but can not remember where it was posted.

Any help/guidance in this regard?
Old 28th April 2012, 13:25   #52
BHPian

The plastic tends to break near the bolts under the seat, near the grabrails where the 3 pieces all meet. This is a very well known issue, apparently even CB400s have the same plastic quality.
Old 28th April 2012, 18:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
The plastic tends to break near the bolts under the seat, near the grabrails where the 3 pieces all meet. This is a very well known issue, apparently even CB400s have the same plastic quality.
Any way to fix it? Like using some sticking compound like Araldite!
Old 7th May 2012, 21:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Any way to fix it? Like using some sticking compound like Araldite!
My friend has Unicorn which was the first lot may be 2003. He had put lot of sponges between plastic cowls under the seat. He had also placed the sponge between the speedometer and visor. The sponge was visible and he would say, even though its visible, it will hide vibrations a lot and so not bothered on sponge visible. The sponge is very thick and does not vibrate.

Try this and see if vibrations are reduced.
Old 7th May 2012, 23:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
My friend has Unicorn which was the first lot may be 2003. He had put lot of sponges between plastic cowls under the seat. He had also placed the sponge between the speedometer and visor. The sponge was visible and he would say, even though its visible, it will hide vibrations a lot and so not bothered on sponge visible. The sponge is very thick and does not vibrate.

Try this and see if vibrations are reduced.
Thanks, sponge part will definitely work IMO. Along with sponges I will also use some cotton cloth like old vest.

Guys I am not satisfied with rear brakes, they are getting weaker day by day. My bike has done nearly 16000KMs, should I get the rear brake shoes changed during next service which is due next month?
Old 8th May 2012, 00:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, sponge part will definitely work IMO. Along with sponges I will also use some cotton cloth like old vest.

Guys I am not satisfied with rear brakes, they are getting weaker day by day. My bike has done nearly 16000KMs, should I get the rear brake shoes changed during next service which is due next month?
Before you want to change, try inspecting the brakes shoes. There could be some muck might hamper the performance or if it is really ran out material. I had similar instances with my Unicorn earlier, however, after cleaning the drum, shoes, there was some improvement to the brakes.
SriramEfunds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 13:48   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
When I had ZMA, I used to mention in service chart to clean and scrap brake shoes & rear drums at all services. You can ask them to do the same and try. Hope it improves, if not, then you can change the shoes. IMO you need to change brake shoes every 10k kms, check the manual.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 14:38   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
IMO you need to change brake shoes every 10k kms, check the manual.
I would rather do a visual inspection before going about changing. Sometimes we might be early for the change too.
SriramEfunds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 14:50   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Dust accumulating in the brake pads can reduce their effectiveness. Have it cleaned during the next service and check if you see any change, if not you can have it changed.

Ideally speaking with 16k KM on the odo it would be good to change the brake pad but it is always better to have it checked before going for the change.

SD
SwiftSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 14:20   #60
BHPian

Hi all,

During my latest venture, I had a pretty nasty fall off my bike and wanted to know a few things before going to the SC.

1. Does the fairing come is separate pieces like in an R15 or do I have to replace all the panels?

2. Is there anyway I can reduce the front suspension dive? It's too soft for my liking and does not inspire any confidence in the bends.

Your help/suggestion is much appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks