Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2014, 12:07   #136
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny XVD excessive engine noise

How was this clip recorded? Just when you did a morning start? Was the bonnet open and you recoded this via your phone directly near the engine? How does it sound from the interior with the windows all rolled up?
Let me know and I'll try replicating the same scenario with my car and see if there is any difference. What phone/app (or anything else) did you use for the recording?
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 13:41   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny XVD excessive engine noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
How was this clip recorded? Just when you did a morning start? Was the bonnet open and you recoded this via your phone directly near the engine? How does it sound from the interior with the windows all rolled up?
Let me know and I'll try replicating the same scenario with my car and see if there is any difference. What phone/app (or anything else) did you use for the recording?
- Recorded using a Sony mp3 player
- Bonnet kept open and recording device placed in my hand (atleast 2 feet away)
- Noise inside the cabin, let me record and post this evening
Old 15th December 2014, 18:04   #138
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The servicing experience from Nissan still leaves a lot to be desired and to be honest I have still not found the perfect service centre for Nissan in Delhi.
I agree with you, post my Sunny's 30k service the dash had developed a strange vibration, which I hear on those silly "speed calming paint blobs". Apart from that however, have you ever tried out Sterling, Gurgaon, if yes, please do share your thoughts.
Old 15th December 2014, 22:16   #139
Senior - BHPian

Per the clip, this is normal on the K9K. I had been worrying a lot initially when I bought my Micra and I took it to the service center. There, they gave me another vehicle to check and it was mostly similar. For the initial 10k(~) kms, the cold start was much more noisy than when warmed up; maybe after that I either got used to the clatter or lost interest (gave up) in the NVH characteristic of the car.

Personally, I felt, that not every car (though same make) is having the same amount of decibel. Figo is a typical example; I've seen groaning Figos as well as silent ones. On the other hand, I have to agree that the K9K is among the noisy ones on the street. Again, I felt, that it is more pronounced on the Terrano (from outside).

NVH (on the inside) is one think I hate on my Micra, from engine and the gearbox and the loose gear slots n stick.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 23:01   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
I agree with you, post my Sunny's 30k service the dash had developed a strange vibration, which I hear on those silly "speed calming paint blobs". Apart from that however, have you ever tried out Sterling, Gurgaon, if yes, please do share your thoughts.
Yes is it the sterling that is located in sector 14? I tried it last time. The experience was average again. The place is little hard to find. The staff and the whole atmosphere wasn't professional. More like a bunch of untrained local employees. The SA added all the unnecessary stuff on my bill and I ticked them off one by one. Once he realised I am not getting any of the extra stuff done, his tone and facial expressions changed and he lost interest. Hopefully another Nissan dealership has come back in moti Nagar in place of Sky Nissan. So next time will try that as it is much closer to my place.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 16:15   #141
BHPian

I'm just planning to give it to my local mechanic close by who did an amazing job on the others cars I have at home. Why waste money on the Nissan guys now that the warranty is over.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:57   #142
BHPian

Well, finally was able to make the Sunny Bluetooth compatible! Got this Bluetooth audio adapter from Amazon for Rs.500 only and a Griffin USB power adapter/plug.
Surprisingly, it sounds really good! Now all my music can be streamed to the stereo without any messy wires and such (I also put in tasker app in my phone to put the application and max volume when BT connection is fixed)
However in the Sunny, it's still not as neat as my Civic since the power plug is way behind the hand brake in the center (between the seats) and the aux in the dashboard, so with all the wires and such, it looked bad. Which is why I chose a battery driven device from Amazon (Rs.980 and the name is EDUP EP-B3511) which has a battery that lasts 8 hrs and no wires. A friend of mine got it earleir and I borrowed it to check in the Sunny and it works like a charm, so ordered that immediately from Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-s5.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-s4.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-s3.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-s1.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-unnamed.jpg  

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-unnamed-1.jpg  

rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 14:33   #143
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan and Maruti Suzuki - Similar badging ?

Silly thing but just wondering about the similarities between Nissan's "Pure Drive" and Maruti's "Auto Gear Shift" badges. Lot of similarities in the design of the badges with the shape of the line separating the blue and chrome parts being slightly different and the shades of blue!
Same agency/designer at work here ?
Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-maruti-auto-gear-shift.jpg

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-nissan-pure-drive.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 12th June 2015 at 14:35.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 15:52   #144
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan and Maruti Suzuki - Similar badging ?

Not sure about this particular case. But Nissan has worked with Maruti contract manufacturing cars for exports. The A-star was one and that ended in 2013. I think the car was called Pixa or Pixo (sorry not sure on exact name). Our own Estilo was another car sold by Nissan with own branding in Japan.
Old 15th June 2015, 10:14   #145
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Same agency/designer at work here ?
And another one enters the fray - this time Yamaha's "Blue Core" badge again has a similar design pattern

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-yamaha-blue-core.jpg
Old 15th June 2015, 13:30   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
And another one enters the fray - this time Yamaha's "Blue Core" badge again has a similar design pattern

Attachment 1382090
What's this fascination with the Blue Badging?

Infact, IIRC, even the Honda Earth Dreams logo and the Toyota Hybrid is in Blue!!
Old 24th May 2017, 19:00   #147
Senior - BHPian

Where is the diesel / fuel filter mounted on the nissan sunny diesel? Does anyone know?
Old 24th May 2017, 19:04   #148
BHPian

In Logan, it is between the front bumper and tyre on driver side ie just below headlamp. It should be same for Sunny
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 23:23   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Where is the diesel / fuel filter mounted on the nissan sunny diesel? Does anyone know?
Hi Abhi, the diesel fuel filter for Micra is situated beneath a compartment (that houses switches and fuses, I guess); it can be accessed after removing the battery and its tray and unmounting the compartment. During the last service, I watched over the whole process and the fuel filter is from Delphi. The Sunny might have a similar configuration. If you need a photo of the filter I can post it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
What is the item worth Rs.1432? What strainer assembly? Why was it changed? Is it a routine scheduled change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
That's fuel filter assy (10k km is the service interval as per manual)
The fuel filter needs to be replaced every 10k kms, exactly as Mr Boss mentioned and is one of the major contributor to service costs as the tax included price is nearly 1900 rupees now-a-days. The fuel filter replacement for Swift, I20, Figo are all in the range of 20000-30000 kms whereas for Micra/Sunny it is only 10000. Only increases the routine service costs.
rupdeb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 06:37   #150
BHPian

The fuel filter is easily available in shops. I brought it for 1000 in Gurgaon.
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed