Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2013, 10:01   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Today we noticed that the spare wheel is of a different size. Its MRF 185/70/R14, while the other 4 are alloys with Bridgestone 185/65/R15. Is this standard by default?
During PDI of my vehicle, I had raised the same concern and as a result was given an opportunity to check all SUNNY(s) in the yard.

Yes, the spare wheel is of a size other than the 4 stock alloy wheels. Its an MRF while the stock tires are BRIDGESTONE (in XV model atleast). Also, it is not an Alloy.

So, your friend shouldn't worry. He can either buy a 185/65/R15 in exchange of MRF - OR - choose to keep it since a Spare tyre should only be used to reach the nearest puncture repair shop, and not regularly.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 28th December 2013 at 10:05.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 12:38   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Nissan Sunny facelift to debut at Auto Expo 2014.

No details about the Sunny facelift have been revealed yet, Nissan calls it a comprehensive facelift.
The car could receive stylistic tweaks inspired by the facelifted Nissan Micra

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-369256.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th January 2014 at 12:43.
Old 11th January 2014, 09:10   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Some cars these days including my Sunny diesel XLD model do not come with a engine temperature meter gauge. Now in winters this is not an ideal situation. I never push my car beyond 2k rpm till the engine has reached its ambient working temperature. In winters you will be surprised to see that this can sometimes take a good 4-5 kms if you do not encounter traffic jammed roads. In such situations it is much more useful to have the display to guide you. Wonder what is the reason to omit this useful feature!
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 20:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Some cars these days including my Sunny diesel XLD model do not come with a engine temperature meter gauge.
XV's meter console is different from XL and XE, but I hope they have maintained the guage that shows engine temperature using bars across variants.

For me, the engine is good to go once it has reached 4 bars. I achieve this within 2 kms in Bangalore, irrespective of the time in the day. I guess it may need atleast 5 or 6 kms given the intense winter in Delhi?
Old 12th January 2014, 08:34   #110
BHPian

Cold is relative. Coldest in Mumbai is 14 Celsius. At that temp, the engine oil with specification 10W40 (usual oil) still maintains full viscosity and lubricates the engine in about 30 secs.
If you are in a region experiencing sub 5 Celsius temperatures , and you drive during that tine if the day, you need to gi in for a more viscous grade of oil.
And yes, Sunny has engine temp in terms of a bar graph.
Old 12th January 2014, 16:38   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
During PDI of my vehicle, I had raised the same concern and as a result was given an opportunity to check all SUNNY(s) in the yard.

So, your friend shouldn't worry. He can either buy a 185/65/R15 in exchange of MRF - OR - choose to keep it since a Spare tyre should only be used to reach the nearest puncture repair shop, and not regularly.
This is shocking. Utter stupidity by Nissan.

Giving a different size of type with a higher profile has no logic, and will strain the suspension if used. How many customers will be smart enough to spot the size difference?

Why is Nissan putting the customer through this ordeal?
Old 12th January 2014, 18:00   #112
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the spare wheel is of a size other than the 4 stock alloy wheels. Its an MRF while the stock tires are BRIDGESTONE (in XV model atleast). Also, it is not an Alloy.

Even, the Nissan Micra CVT also has the same policy implemented for the spare wheel. The spare wheel is 165/70R14 while the 4 main tyres are 175/70R15 size. Usually the spare wheel is MRF while the main tyres are either Maxxis or Bridgestone make.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 12th January 2014 at 18:02.
Old 12th January 2014, 19:25   #113
BHPian

I have a dec 2012 Nissan Sunny, and I just checked all the wheels are Bridgestone 185/65/R15 88H.
This spare wheel being of a different size may be something new.
Old 12th January 2014, 19:41   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Sunny facelift to debut at Auto Expo 2014.
I sincerely hope Nissan engages the services of the artist who designed the Sunny's front half. Its something to drool over.

Having said that, the rear makes me feel like showering the choicest of abuses on the designer/s. What on earth were they thinking while designing the rear?

Its a different thing that it grows on you; however, the Sunny's rear half design doesn't do justice to this car.

This car, if properly designed, can have a totally different stance! They should take a cue from Altis / Manza / Rapid.
Old 15th January 2014, 10:40   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys which is the best Nissan workshop in Delhi or NCR region? The Sky Nissan dealership in moti nagar, from whom I bought my car and used to get serviced, has closed now. All other dealerships are surprisingly too far away from my place. Still dad took the car to this workshop in Rohini for the heater issue and they told that there electrician is not available. Its a new workshop apparently and dad didn't find it to be much confidence inspiring. So please suggest which one to go to now within Delhi or gurgaon?
Old 7th February 2014, 10:16   #116
BHPian

Recipe for success; i mean, Mileage

Taken last Saturday on the way to Pondicherry -

Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-dsc03667.jpg
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 10:47   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recipe for success; i mean, Mileage

Taken last Saturday on the way to Pondicherry -
It is not fully clear. Is it showing 30.0? Is this average FE? For how many kms did you this average?

But, taking a picture while doing 100kmph, Safety is not Param
thoma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 11:00   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
It is not fully clear. Is it showing 30.0? Is this average FE? For how many kms did you this average?
Ya, its 30, and is the instantaneous mileage. The overall mileage I got during this round-trip was 23 kmpl (tankful to tankful).

The surface is so great that I was able to drive in this fashion more often than not. The mileage started to vary only after I left the AH and entered the SH.

Quote:
But, taking a picture while doing 100kmph, Safety is not Param
While posting earlier I thought of clarifying this, but didn't. It's my wife who took the pic from over my shoulder. I wouldn't take it when the car is in motion, not even if the mileage shows 100kmpl, because Safety is indeed Param
Safety is Param is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 19:39   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan is really trying hard to make my ownership experience go sour. First the dealership that was close to my house from whom I had bought my car closed down. As a result for any problem I need to travel to the next closest dealership which is 25kms away from my house (and I live in the centre of the city and not in suburbs). Even this I can accept but atleast expected some basic standard of service.

The problem started when my car's heater stopped working sometime in December ( atleast thats when my father noticed it). On sending it to the dealership in Okhla they identified the problem to be due to some faulty part ( called garari or something like that in Hindi). As expected from Nissan the part was not in stock and had to be ordered. But in the meantime to deal with the intense cold the mechanic there somehow temporarily played with some wires and started my heater. But the AC cooling function would not work now till they replace the part. A month went and the part did not come. Finally after some blasting on the phone and a few apologies later they confirmed the arrival of the part and told me to send the car today. Sent it all the way to the dealership and after reaching there they discover that they have managed to order the wrong part. The Service incharge apparently told "garrari" and the order was placed for a "grill". That was there explanation! Really at a loss of words. Now they have managed to revert back the changes they made last time and the AC is working again but the the heater would not. The car is still stuck in office traffic while on its way back home and only then can confirm if the AC is atleast temporarily working now.

This is why I love Toyota even though it offers least number of features and are overpriced. But the service experience with them is always exceptional.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 16:13   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Nissan is really trying hard to make my ownership experience go sour. First the dealership that was close to my house from whom I had bought my car closed down. As a result for any problem I need to travel to the next closest dealership which is 25kms away from my house (and I live in the centre of the city and not in suburbs).
This is why I love Toyota even though it offers least number of features and are overpriced. But the service experience with them is always exceptional.
Oh. Sad. Sorry to hear that. Some times we really loose the pleasure and comfort of owning a car due to such in efficient and irresponsible ASS network.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks