Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 19:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am thinking of upgrading to R15 Michelin if I get a good price for the stock MRFs.

Also here is the service intervals for the Sunny Diesel ( as told to me by the SA):
1 month/ 1000 kms - 1st free service.
6 months/ 10k kms - 2nd Free service.
12 months/ 20k kms- 3rd Free service.

According to the Kolkata dealer there is no 1 month / 1st service at all!! I reconfirmed twice.

You will have to upgrade both the rims and tyres to 15". Most tyre shops will do a swap, provided your original tyres are not run too much. So if you want to swap the tyres, dont wait and do it now.

I did change to 15" rims + tyres and am pretty happy about it.
Old 17th April 2012, 20:37   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
According to the Kolkata dealer there is no 1 month / 1st service at all!! I reconfirmed twice.

You will have to upgrade both the rims and tyres to 15". Most tyre shops will do a swap, provided your original tyres are not run too much. So if you want to swap the tyres, dont wait and do it now.
Well My SA told me specifically to get the car in at 1 month for general check up. Lets wait for it to happen and then you can probably ask Nissan directly.

The buy back rates being quoted for the MRF is really low. I would be interested in upgrading only if I get atleast 85-90% of these stock tires. The ODO is right now 180kms. Or else I am planning to use these for now and upgrade later. It would give the car a new look that time. Right now there are already so many things in the new car to keep you excited .
Old 17th April 2012, 21:14   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The service intervals should be mentioned in the user manual. For Maruti, there are even service coupons [with check points] in the booklet which is used while servicing.
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:28   #64
BHPian

SUNNY DIESEL or VERNA DIESEL? Why?

Will buy TOMORROW!!
Old 5th May 2012, 10:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha

Will buy TOMORROW!!
Depends on your priorities. If you are driving on your own and not too worried about space or passenger comfort then Verna 1.6. If you are looking for a long lasting family car with reasonable driving comfort, then Sunny.
thelastsmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 15:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Missed the update that GTO too got one
As usual, good ownership update. I saw a colleague car, greyish color. He had got similar color art leather seat covers from Nissan showroom . Looked great, matched the car and its interior and looked real leather.

He also commented that he bought it coz he found it peppy and spacious. Also said that it give great mileage. He should be doing 50kms plus daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarm@sancha View Post

Will buy TOMORROW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Depends on your priorities. If you are driving on your own and not too worried about space or passenger comfort then Verna 1.6. If you are looking for a long lasting family car with reasonable driving comfort, then Sunny.
And waiting period.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

In the image, why is Sunny's hood having two hood latches/locks ? Are there any international laws or something ? Somehow, I am yet to come across any other car having two hood latches/locks. Maybe there are other cars also, but I would have been too busy looking at engine and other components rather than hood. Any specific reason for having two locks ? Even Sunny petrol has two latches/locks for hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review-sunny-hood-latch.jpg  

Old 17th July 2012, 19:00   #68
Team-BHP Support

If any one has a REALLY negative experience with Nissan "service" (not sales), please can you share (partIcularly for bombay owners). I'm very close to considering the sunny diesel as an Aug purchase. I can live with shoddy sales but after sales service is important.

Also, any quality issue such as part failure, over expensive ownership experience, please do share.

Thanks.
Old 5th September 2012, 15:07   #69
BHPian

Is 165mm GC enough to not scrape the under body in a moderate speed breaker, In Tamilnadu speed breakers are built like walls to challenge every vehicle passing over it so GC plays a vital role if you are supposed to visit some Rural areas !
Old 17th September 2012, 21:29   #70
BHPian

Gurus please help me in choosing the wright Reverse Cam for Sunny, drilling hole to fix the cam is not ok for me so here are few options which i want to know whether it fits for sunny or not !

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/R...hp?prod=340565

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/R...hp?prod=339301

Please do let me know if this is available in Indian markets i.e in any online shopping websites or somewhere in Chennai.

P.S - Mods if you find this post not to be here then do please move it to appropriate thread.
Old 30th October 2012, 17:00   #71
BHPian

Presently drive and get driven in a 2007 Getz 1.3 GLS. Now, looking for a diesel car with good back seat space and comfort/suspension for city travel only. Actually a hatch should be fine, but started looking for entry level sedans as well in case sedans offer better suspension in the back.

After checking out Liva/Etios/Figo/Verito, hesitantly called up Oxford Nissan for a test drive of Sunny XL. TBhp has mentioned very lethargic sales and after sales service of Nissan. So, I was not expecting much from the call. But, surprisingly, my case was taken up by a very eager salesman who gave me all the necessary and unnecessary information and requested me to drive the car once. As usual, I got busy with other things in office. But, the sales guy called me a few times to check when he can send the car for a testdrive. Its quite un-Nissan-like attitude, I thought. Anyways, the sales guy came to my residence last sunday with the test drive car at the scheduled time. I took the driver seat with the sales guy beside me. And my wife and son took the back seat.

Here are the impressions from the short 5-6 km test drive:
-- Very refined at idle, excellent driver seat, no problem with ergonomics
-- The kerb weight of the car is same as that of dzire. But still the doors felt so solid in Sunny. I had a mass conservation confusion.
-- Amazed to see the car of that size turns to smoothly in such a less space. Even my non-automobile wife commented positively on this issue from the back.
-- Very effective ACC
-- Zero lag with excellent pickup upto 80 km/hr. And that was the maximum speed I tried.
-- On a bad road, my wife mentioned that suspension is better than Getz, but not a significant step-up in the back seat. I felt dumb, but the sales person said that the test drive vehicle is very much abused. New cars have much better suspension.
-- Not so happy with the width available for seating, particularly after looking at etios.
-- The brake is really bad compared to etios.
-- With the sales person at the drivers seat, I went to the back seat. My goodness, its like a small drawing room. I can spend the whole day there.

At the end I wanted to buy the car, but for the brakes. Also, not sure if I really should spend 9.6L+ now.

If I compare Etios VD and Sunny XL, the price difference is about 50-60K more for Sunny. But the feel of the car is much better in Sunny for that 60K difference, especially when I am driven around.

Now I am eagerly waiting for launch of Chevy SAIL on 2nd Nov. If I like the back seat ride of SAIL, I will got for that. I hope service wise GM will be better than Nissan.

Last edited by sups : 30th October 2012 at 17:19.
Old 15th January 2013, 00:52   #72

I bought a Bronze Grey XL DCi last week after a lot of dithering over various options from various segments. Drove 1200km in the first 4 days and really respecting it.
Detailed ownership experience to follow soon.
.McLaren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 15:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .McLaren View Post
I bought a Bronze Grey XL DCi last week after a lot of dithering over various options from various segments. Drove 1200km in the first 4 days and really respecting it.
Detailed ownership experience to follow soon.
Congrats, 1200 kms in 4 days in indeed A LOT. I have a petrol Sunny, and one month is just up, and it has covered all of 782kms. Another month before the break in is done
Seeler_Rebeiro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 22:52   #74
BHPian

I have done TD to change my car and Sunny came immediately to my mind and here are few observations from my TD experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
The Nissan Sunny Diesel has been launched in India at a price of 7.98 - 8.78 Lakh (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Spectacular rear leg room and comfortable rear bench
• Convenience & comfort features such as true keyless-entry & start, rear fan vents, folding mirrors etc.
What you won't:

• Brakes feel slow to react and aren't confidence-inspiring
• Noticeable road-noise once you get up to highway speeds
• Vague gearbox isn't always keen to slot into gear
The brakes, oh my god, I felt like standing on it
Road noise, in fact even in city traffic I was able to hear the noise
Gearbox, I felt I should not buy it after 5 minutes of driving. But then I thought for few seconds after bringing it to the showroom back and felt let me make another try with the noise, brake and gear - felt the same way the next time as well. That is when I decided against it. So, Sunny is out of my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Was not at all happy with the NVH once I hit the highway, though. Probably a factor of me being used to petrols, because my friends assure me the Vento Tdi and others are more noisy!

Not happy with NVH not only in highway, but also in City traffic during my TD
Old 5th February 2013, 10:26   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Special addition Sunny gains new features!

The additions are modes, reserved to a new touch screen audio system, chrome embellishment on the rear brand logo enclosure, a rear spoiler and parking sensors

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks