Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2013, 19:38   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post

Yes, this is the correct way to initiate the Heating function. I saw your post and immediately thought of trying it, however, since the car was cold, I couldn't achieve the desired heating in the 1 min that I tried. I will give it one more shot when the car has actually run 7 to 8 kms in the evening.

The temperature can be set to a max of 32 degrees. No H1 / H2 in the SUNNY.
Just tried after 14kms of commute from office to home. At 32 degrees I could feel hot air blowing straight into my face. So, heating works.

Had to put it in manual mode to redirect air into the cabin. As mentioned earlier, auto mode blows air only at the feet at 32 degrees.

Now for that noise from the fan, I need to visit the service centre soon. Its irritating me to the core and I am not sure if I can do it myself.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:15   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Just tried after 14kms of commute from office to home. At 32 degrees I could feel hot air blowing straight into my face. So, heating works.

Had to put it in manual mode to redirect air into the cabin. As mentioned earlier, auto mode blows air only at the feet at 32 degrees.
But at the same time will it blow cold air or any air at your face also? Or does it only blow air around your feet? Will tell my dad to check this today. Maybe they had it on auto. But I remember him complaining that it was still blowing cold air through the vents on the dash.
Old 11th December 2013, 14:21   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But at the same time will it blow cold air or any air at your face also? Or does it only blow air around your feet? Will tell my dad to check this today. Maybe they had it on auto. But I remember him complaining that it was still blowing cold air through the vents on the dash.
No cold air at all when set at 32 degrees; manual or auto mode. Only the direction of air-throw changed while toggling between auto and manual mode.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:18   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Sister took the car to the workshop today and as expected there standard reply was that they need the car for a couple of days atleast to figure out what's wrong with the heater. Apparently they have to remove the whole unit and check. I was hoping it would be something much easier and smaller to check before resorting to opening the full unit. It is at these times when I feel more confident in handling over my car to Toyota people than nissan. They don't make you feel confident enough by there mannerisms. Anyways will drop off the car on Saturday as its needed during weekdays.

So call it unlucky but both my highly reliable Japanese sedans(altis and sunny) will have the dashboard opened within there warranty periods for an AC related issue. So much for the claimed Japanese reliability!

Last edited by drmohitg : 12th December 2013 at 14:20.
Old 12th December 2013, 14:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Sister took the car to the workshop today and as expected there standard reply was that they need the car for a couple of days atleast to figure out what's wrong with the heater. Apparently they have to remove the whole unit and check.
Quote:
So call it unlucky but both my highly reliable Japanese sedans(altis and sunny) will have the dashboard opened within there warranty periods for an AC related issue. So much for the claimed Japanese reliability!
That is S-A-D.

They should have atleast checked the unit before arriving to a conclusion that a more thorough inspection is needed, and that the unit needs to be disassembled for that.

Looks like they will take it out, go for tea and decide which part to check.

I was always under the assumption that the mechanics at the service centre are trained by the Auto Manufacturer. And if this is indeed the truth, then they should atleast inspect in detail before arriving to a conclusion and act like Professionals.

Though terming it unlucky is sane, I believe it also depends on how these people deal with the customers.

A customer may leave his vehicle for a day or 2, however, he should come back home convinced that it was really needed to part with the vehicle for a couple of days, and that he got a logical explanation for that.

But that would be too much to expect in this part of the world, isn't it?

I sincerely hope all underlying issues are addressed, and that you get back your car(s), niggle-free

P.S. How about taking a second opinion at the other Nissan Service Centre? However, I think this option is ruled out since the car has already been handed over.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 12th December 2013 at 14:40.
Old 12th December 2013, 21:59   #96
BHPian

Continuing from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3318323

Here's what I am thinking -

1. Visit the Dealer and take a test drive of the Sunny. Why? Because I think the test drive vehicle should have the rectified part. However, things may not go as planned if the test drive vehicle is a Historical one.

2. Check for any major difference in the braking capabilities.

3. Check the component price. Not that I won't order if it's expensive, but the current set up does not pose any danger and it's only about adding additional cushion to the existing capability.

4. Finally, the part's availability.

Now, why all this exercise? Please refer to my Team-Bhp handle

Any opinions from fellow caaaaaaaar owners?

Last edited by Safety is Param : 12th December 2013 at 22:01.
Old 13th December 2013, 08:57   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Trying to get a quick answer.

What would be the service costs for a diesel Sunny? You could provide me service intervals and an average cost associated with each service, please.

One of my friend is on the verge of buying and hence the question. Don't really have the time and patience to go thru each Sunny thread and grab it and hence putting it down here.
Old 13th December 2013, 09:37   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

What would be the service costs for a diesel Sunny? You could provide me service intervals and an average cost associated with each service, please.

One of my friend is on the verge of buying and hence the question. Don't really have the time and patience to go thru each Sunny thread and grab it and hence putting it down here.
This is one of the sore points of my ownership. More than the cost, the service interval is irritating. It is 6months/10k km ( whichever is earlier). In the age and era, a 6 monthly interval for a diesel sedan is just unacceptable. On top of it I bought the extended warranty and hence have to bear this interval for 4 years. Each service costs around 4-5k and hence the overall annual cost mounts to the Rs. 10k mark which is a lot. And this is with mineral oil. Synthetic oil will further increase the cost.

Compare this with my Altis ( which costed 1.5 times the Sunny):
10k kms: Rs 1800
20k kms: Rs 3200
30k kms: Rs 4800

My Innova has also got a 6 month service interval but then they do a major service costing around 4-5k at 10k kms. The 6month/5k km service is just an inspection and costs hardly around Rs. 1.5k.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 10:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Visit the Dealer and take a test drive of the Sunny. Why? Because I think the test drive vehicle should have the rectified part. However, things may not go as planned if the test drive vehicle is a Historical one.
First thing, please check your VIN at the Nissan site. I think a Jan 2013 model should sport the rectified Brake Master Cylinder. My Micra did fall under the replacement category and I felt a little improvement.
Old 13th December 2013, 11:32   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
First thing, please check your VIN at the Nissan site. I think a Jan 2013 model should sport the rectified Brake Master Cylinder. My Micra did fall under the replacement category and I felt a little improvement.
Thanks! I had already checked that when the recall was announced. Had also confirmed with the Service Centre; however, they always told me the part was unavailable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

My experience with the 1st service is posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3252447 and the invoice for the same can be found at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3257663

Wheel Alignment / Balacing / Rotation was done on my car even though it had run only 6000 kms. The total cost of the service includes this cost plus a puncture repair.

Now, I was not sure if Wheel Alignment / Balacing / Rotation should be done at 6000 kms, neither had I read the manual for that section, so I would not blame it on the Service Centre to charge me for that. They had asked me prior to taking the car to the servicing bay, and I had nodded in the affirmative for the Wheel Alignment / Balacing / Rotation part.

Also, some members mentioned that Air Filter need not be changed at 6000 kms. Again, I am not sure, but just went ahead and got it changed.

So, it pays good dividends to know what to change when, unless there is an accident warranting premature replacement of certain parts. They are in the business of making money and will definitely want to change more parts to make more money, Simple!

My dad's Hero Honda Splendour got serviced yesterday from our mechanic of 33 years (yes, since 33 years. Rajdoot / CD 100 SS / Splendour). The cost came to 1200/-, including replacement of the head light assembly which was 13 years old. Comparing the SUNNY's servicing cost of approx 3500/- (discounting cost for stuff that is not required at that particular service interval) to that of a Splendour that costed 1200/-, I would not be losing sleep over it. This example was just to give an idea!

Also, your friend should be aware before hand that he needs to take the car for servicing every 6 months. If he is okay with that, problem solved!

Personally speaking, I don't mind taking the car for a service every 6 months. May be because I have never owned a Diesel car before.

Other than that, I don't think of any reason why your friend shouldn't buy a SUNNY now that he is so close to booking one (Dealer surprises being an exceptional case).

Last edited by Safety is Param : 13th December 2013 at 11:38.
Safety is Param is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 14:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had already checked that when the recall was announced. Had also confirmed with the Service Centre; however, they always told me the part was unavailable.
You mean that your VIN falls under the recall category? And just because the part is not available, the service center is denying replacement? For how long? If so, this is serious. Please take up the matter with higher ups in the dealership immediately and then with Nissan.
Old 13th December 2013, 15:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
You mean that your VIN falls under the recall category? And just because the part is not available, the service center is denying replacement? For how long?
Err, no! If that was the case I would openly post here to make people desist from buying a Nissan, and also stop driving the NISSAN myself till the issue was rectified.

When the news about the recall were published, I called the service centre to check if my vehicle fell in that category. Of course, at that point in time I was unaware of the Nissan's website carrying the details.

But the service centre folks, instead of confirming my VIN number, told me that the part was unavailable and would take a week to arrive. They also told they would call me back. When I didn't hear from them for about 10 days, I called them again and was given the same medicine.

When I posted here, I got to know about the website, and upon checking, did *not* find my VIN there.

One biggest flaw I found with the website was - It didn't have any mechanism to communicate if the entered VIN was a genuine one or not.

For e.g. if I enter my original VIN as AAAA1234BBBB1234, the response I got was something like "this VIN is not due for any repairs". However, if I enter a completely fake VIN like BBBB4321AAAA4321, I got the same response. What I expected was - "You have entered an incorrect VIN". Can't we expect this from a company like NISSAN?

I still don't believe that a Jan manufactured vehicle has a perfect Brake Cylinder, but I don't have any proofs to support my theory. The brakes are clearly under-performing; however, it's a different matter that I am used to it now. When I am driving the Jazz, the first few kms are always jerky for the passengers as I tend to press the brake pedal with the same force as in the SUNNY, but the output (braking effect) is around 1.5 times more.

That is the reason I am contemplating to get the Brake Cylinder changed pro-actively, but only if the difference is considerable. And for that, I need to test drive a vehicle with a genuinely rectified Brake Cylinder.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 13th December 2013 at 15:25.
Old 16th December 2013, 13:53   #103
BHPian

Just completed 10k on the Odo today

Journey till date : 8 months

Average Monthly Diesel Bill : INR 3000 - 3500

No issues thus far. Touchwood!

Name:  Screenshot_20131216111651.png
Views: 1464
Size:  431.5 KB Name:  Screenshot_20131216111642.png
Views: 1432
Size:  362.6 KB

Last edited by Safety is Param : 16th December 2013 at 13:56.
Old 18th December 2013, 08:52   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any way we can install a driver's arm rest in sunny? After getting used to one in Altis, it is extremely inconvenient to not have that in Sunny.
Old 28th December 2013, 09:34   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently one of my friend got the delivery of his Nissan Sunny. Today we noticed that the spare wheel is of a different size. Its MRF 185/70/R14, while the other 4 are alloys with Bridgestone 185/65/R15. Is this standard by default? Any concerns due to the different size?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks