Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 16:33   #121
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Got a call today from Shahwar Nissan. There is a camp in progress at their Service Centers till June end.

Salient Features -

1) 40,000 kms service at INR 7500/-, all inclusive. Includes Oil change, all fluids pertaining to brake, clutch, etc, coolant top up, wheel alignment / balancing / rotation, all taxes.

2) 30,000 kms service at INR 4500/- all inclusive. Got an overall idea that this includes oil change as well.

3) Free 60-point vehicle check up.

4) Free car wash and polishing.

5) 20% discount on labour and spares.

6) I also heard 10% discount on service since they are celebrating 10 years. Not sure if the amount in points 1 & 2 are arrived at after deducting this 10%.

7) Free pick up and drop anywhere in Bangalore.

8) Express delivery of your vehicle in an hour for points 3 & 4 if booked in advance.

I asked the lady over the call if she had received any complaints regarding poor braking capabilities, and she replied in the negative. I reminded her about the recall of vehicles last year for replacement of Brake Master Cylinder, to which she said - "You can get the vehicle here and we have the equipment in place to check if there are any defects".

Inquired how much does a Brake Master Cylinder cost if I wanted to replace it proactively. I was quoted INR 2500/- all inclusive.

Please call up 91-855-316-2201 for more details.

Thank you!
Old 19th June 2014, 15:04   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is there any way we can install a driver's arm rest in sunny? After getting used to one in Altis, it is extremely inconvenient to not have that in Sunny.

Did you eventually manage to get this done? I am looking for an arm rest for my Sunny too and not sure if the universal arm rests that sell on Groupon / Snap Deal would fit the car.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:27   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Did you eventually manage to get this done? I am looking for an arm rest for my Sunny too and not sure if the universal arm rests that sell on Groupon / Snap Deal would fit the car.
No haven't got it done yet. Planing to get the whole interiors revamped and change the OEM fabric to leather.

Meanwhile got the 30k km service done and the total cost came to Rs 8000 which also included rear brake pad change. The servicing experience from Nissan still leaves a lot to be desired and to be honest I have still not found the perfect service centre for Nissan in Delhi.
Old 14th December 2014, 21:17   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Sunny XVD excessive engine noise

Came across this video in Youtube and I face the similar noise issue in my Nissan Sunny XVD (with 10k on odo)

Recorded the noise in my car a couple of weeks back, let me attach it tomorrow morning. What could be the problem? Did anyone here face same/similar issue? (may be on other vehicles with 1.5L Renault k9k engine) Before taking up with the dealer, let me take some suggestion from fellow members.

Edit: Audio file (engine noise in my car) attached
VR0001.rar

Mods: Couldn't find any relevant thread on this subject. Please merge if any such threads exist. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 14th December 2014 at 21:22. Reason: Audio file attached
Old 14th December 2014, 21:53   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny XVD excessive engine noise

Sounds like normal diesel clatter.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 22:02   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I compared with few other vehicles (1 Duster, 2 Sunny, 1 Logan, 2 Micra) but the noise level isn't that bad in those vehicles (with mileage ranging from 3k km to 120k km) and that is where I'm worried
Old 14th December 2014, 22:06   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

What grade of engine oil are you using? What is the recommended grade? Is the engine fully warmed up and at normal operating temperature? Any difference in performance or FE?
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 22:28   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the prompt response

Quote:
1) What grade of engine oil are you using?
2) What is the recommended grade?
3) Is the engine fully warmed up and at normal operating temperature?
4) Any difference in performance or FE?
1 & 2) Not sure about the oil grade (will check the manual) but it was changed at N.A.S.S a couple of months back (I hope it should be of OE spec)
3) Noise recorded when the engine is warm (after running for about 40 mins) But the same level of noise can be observed at almost all conditions (irrespective of cold start or warm) At rare instances the noise disappears
4) I haven't experienced any change in performance

I'm facing this issue after 1st service (to be specific, 500km after 1st service)
Old 14th December 2014, 23:12   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

I'm facing this issue after 1st service (to be specific, 500km after 1st service)
Please do look into the manual and you'll know what is the recommended grade is engine oil.

Can you attach the first service bill as to what was done? Did you report any specific problem or did you report the engine noise issue to them during the first service?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 00:12   #130
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recorded the noise in my car a couple of weeks back, let me attach it tomorrow morning. What could be the problem? Did anyone here face same/similar issue? (may be on other vehicles with 1.5L Renault k9k engine) Before taking up with the dealer, let me take some suggestion from fellow members.
What brand of diesel do you use?

Ford cars hate Shell Diesel and all my three Ford Cars sound like tractors when i fill in Shell Diesel. HP suits Ford engines very well and my car's engine become smoother and silent when i run them on HP Diesel.

May be you could try and change the brand of diesel being used.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 08:31   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you attach the first service bill as to what was done? Did you report any specific problem or did you report the engine noise issue to them during the first service?
Here it is. I did not report anything regarding engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
What brand of diesel do you use?

May be you could try and change the brand of diesel being used.
Mostly I use Bharat Petroleum, and second choice is HP. Let me try switching the brand / fuel station to observe for any difference. Thank you.
Old 15th December 2014, 09:28   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
What is the item worth Rs.1432? What strainer assembly? Why was it changed? Is it a routine scheduled change?

Just wondering: Your profile says you are an Automotive R&D Professional. Would have thought you should be better able to figure out noises from your own engine.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 09:59   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cant hear anything out of the ordinary either. When in doubt, hook it up to an OBD analyser and check the codes!

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 11:13   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What is the item worth Rs.1432? What strainer assembly? Why was it changed? Is it a routine scheduled change?

Just wondering: Your profile says you are an Automotive R&D Professional. Would have thought you should be better able to figure out noises from your own engine.
That's fuel filter assy (10k km is the service interval as per manual)

Engine / powertrain is out of my scope & knowledge
I'm yet to discuss with the experts, but before that I would like to confirm if this is something known / experienced by other k9k users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Cant hear anything out of the ordinary either. When in doubt, hook it up to an OBD analyser and check the codes!
No fault code from OBD
Old 15th December 2014, 11:22   #135
BANNED

Quote:
That's fuel filter assy (10k km is the service interval as per manual)
Hope everything is fit tight.

IMO, the sound seems to be normal diesel clatter.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed