Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 15:46   #1681
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Hi ,

I got an offer for a 320D but only pictures for now. I would like to know if this is the "corporate" stripped down version or is it the "Prestige" ?
What are the differences feature wise.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img20180726wa0005.jpg  

Old 26th July 2018, 16:49   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hi ,

I got an offer for a 320D but only pictures for now. I would like to know if this is the "corporate" stripped down version or is it the "Prestige" ?
The First and instant difference is the Sunroof, None of the corporate versions got a sunroof.
The facelifted one's got the Projector/DRL setup but the previous ones missed out on that as well.

The facelifted corporate was renamed prestige, and the DRL/Projector Headlamp assembly was added. (Major exterior difference.)

Last edited by em17 : 26th July 2018 at 16:51.
em17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 16:56   #1683
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

Definitely prestige variant judging from the alloy wheels.
Additional features in sports/ luxury line that were not available in CE/Prestige-
Sunroof
17”wheels
Extended Driver info display
Sports steering with leather and red stitching
Leather seats
210w hifi system with 9 speakers
Choice of interior trim and upholstery
Better looking front and rear bumpers
Old 27th July 2018, 22:11   #1684
BHPian

Hi guys/karan,

I had a major doubt that has developed recently for me in Bangalore. We have only Navnit motors here and they have started a new service center near the airport. However, when i gave my car for service there for the first service and first time....I had a disappointing experience. Gave my brand new 320d prestige variant for its first service and I got it back with a weard metallic engine sound leaking into the cabin at high speeds. This was a new development after i got the car back from service. However, I took the car back and they tried convincing me regarding it and how it was common in all cars. I said, no way! this is no maruti or hyundai and is unacceptable. They kept the car for 2 days and finally told me some bush had fallen off from the floor plate and thus the engine sound was heard within the cabin.

Finally got the problem fixed to my relief. Later met another bmw owner who complained that his car a/c stopped working after giving it for service at the new service station in north bangalore. He also had to go upto the GM level to get it fixed for free.

Now, after this horrible experiences ..... I have a major suspicion. Do you guys think or have heard about BMW purposely creating/sabotaging issues with cars so they can increase their revenue at the new service station? THis is a major suspicion I have with regard to the new service station. I even spoke about this with a sales agent who sold me the car and now works in audi. He flat out denied it and brushed it off as a one off issue.

So, now I'm contemplating giving my car to the electronic city navnit service center which is extremely far and inconvenient for me just to avoid people mishandling my car.
Any bangalore bmw owners or experts in mumbai please comment regarding this issue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
Hi,

I am one of the recent members to acquire the 320D. This is a December 2013 manufactured Sportsline Variant which I picked up in November of last year. I didn’t make an ownership report as the F30 has been here for quite some time. In fact the facelifted LCI too has been here for more than 2 years. The only thing which could invoke curiosity in the ownership thread probably would be the buying decision. In case of my car purchase it can be read from the thread which I had started last year when I was deciding between the Octavia and the 3’er.
Do you reccomend getting the bmw RFTs annual rotation and balancing done at the BMW authorised service station or a tyre shop? Which is more reliable in terms of special equipment/machines required for the job?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 27th July 2018 at 23:03. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 27th July 2018, 22:40   #1685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Hi guys/karan,

I had a major doubt that has developed recently for me in Bangalore. We have only Navnit motors here and they have started a new service center near the airport. However, when i gave my car for service there for the first service and first time....I had a disappointing experience. Gave my brand new 320d prestige variant for its first service and I got it back with a weard metallic engine sound leaking into the cabin at high speeds. This was a new development after i got the car back from service. However, I took the car back and they tried convincing me regarding it and how it was common in all cars. I said, no way! this is no maruti or hyundai and is unacceptable. They kept the car for 2 days and finally told me some bush had fallen off from the floor plate and thus the engine sound was heard within the cabin.

Finally got the problem fixed to my relief.
Sad to hear about this experience but glad that it was finally fixed.

Quote:
Now, after this horrible experiences ..... I have a major suspicion. Do you guys think or have heard about BMW purposely creating/sabotaging issues with cars so they can increase their revenue at the new service station? THis is a major suspicion I have with regard to the new service station. I even spoke about this with a sales agent who sold me the car and now works in audi. He flat out denied it and brushed it off as a one off issue.
Usually BMW India has good control over their service centres, such activity is very rare specially they wouldn't attempt this kind of opportunistic behaviour on an new car under warranty. I'd say try to build a good friendly relation with the service centre / SA it will surely help in the long run (i.e. once the car is out of warranty)

All the best, Enjoy your F30

Quote:
Do you reccomend getting the bmw RFTs annual rotation and balancing done at the BMW authorised service station or a tyre shop? Which is more reliable in terms of special equipment/machines required for the job?
Tyre Rotation doesnt require balancing to be re-done (balancing is only required when new tyres are being installed), usually BMW service centres dont charge for tyre rotation, BUT sometimes they may not do it for free :/

Last edited by karan561 : 27th July 2018 at 23:03.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 12:45   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys/karan,

I had a major doubt that has developed recently for me in Bangalore. We have only Navnit motors here and they have started a new service center near the airport. However, when i gave my car for service there for the first service and first time....I had a disappointing experience. Gave my brand new 320d prestige variant for its first service and I got it back with a weard metallic engine sound leaking into the cabin at high speeds.

Sorry to hear that. I serviced my 530D once with the service centre located close to the airport. It was convenient for me to drop and pickup along with my flight plans. The guys were friendly and didn't face any issues. The Electronic City guys seems more professional and occupied.

RFT balancing and alignment is costing close to 8K in the authorised service centre and they claims to have additional steering balancing against the aftermarket guys.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th July 2018 at 12:52. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post as it may inconvenience small screen users. Thank you!
nishad.hameed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2018, 20:08   #1687
KMT
BHPian

I too had a lousy experience at the Navnit on the airport road in Bangalore.
The engine oil looked black even after the change and the front tyres started wearing out unevenly after their wheel-alignment.

On a separate note, my car has 225/55/16 tyres. As roads in Coorg are pretty bad, I want to go for a slightly higher sidewall, can I do 235/60/16, will that fit?
KMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2018, 12:33   #1688
BHPian

I recently gave my car for its first service (8,000 km), apart from the engine oil service, all else seemed OK and no faults were seen. But when the diagnostic through the key was done, this fault showed up. The SA has no idea about this fault or how to remove this as this error is not showing on the iDrive.
Any idea what is this code?

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_0390.jpg
Old 30th July 2018, 12:54   #1689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovan View Post
I recently gave my car for its first service (8,000 km), apart from the engine oil service, all else seemed OK and no faults were seen. But when the diagnostic through the key was done, this fault showed up. The SA has no idea about this fault or how to remove this as this error is not showing on the iDrive.
Any idea what is this code?

Attachment 1785102

The DTC code will not show up on the idrive. Get them to scan it with their workshop diagnostic tool. It may be a historical error code, in which case don't worry. If its still there, get BMW to replace whatever it necessary. What I can make out from it, is that its got something to do with the lcd display on your cluster.
Old 31st July 2018, 19:01   #1690
BHPian

Hi guys....

I found this cheaper aftermarket door LED ghost light on amazon with good reviews. Was thinking of installing it on both my front doors of my BMW 320D. Do you feel any risk exists with it frying the electrical components of the car, etc or is it harmless?

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-bmw-led-projector-lights.png
Old 31st July 2018, 21:23   #1691
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi guys....

I found this cheaper aftermarket door LED ghost light on amazon with good reviews. Was thinking of installing it on both my front doors of my BMW 320D. Do you feel any risk exists with it frying the electrical components of the car, etc or is it harmless?

Attachment 1785645
With BMW, it is safer to stay away from anything aftermarket - especially electrical, if you still have active warranty.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 22:03   #1692
BHPian

Hi All,

I have an offer , 2014 Feb 320D base model, 28,500 kms done. It's through a bank auction as the owner has not paid EMi for the last 4-5 months. So I have no clue about BSI or Extended warranty. Auction is in a week's time. Reserve price is 15 lakhs. How much can I stretch it further during bidding ? Or should I stay away from this car. Any ball park figure that I should consider ? Tyres are good and small dents and scratches on the body as told by the car surveyor. I have seen the pics only on mobile, looks neat as far as I can see.

Please help.
Old 31st July 2018, 22:46   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys....
Attachment 1785645
As per the description of the item, I don't think it's a complete replacement of the light. Its only replacing the shade, fitted with lenses to show a particular shadow / object on the floor. Like BMW has their own (bmw,X,M...).

Suggest, first have a look at your car's door light, if you can remove the OEM shade with available tools with you. Its a easy job, I used to change mine at home.

Shoot some questions to the seller, asking more details.

If it is complete replacement of light + shade, please stay away.

Brdgs
Sail.

Last edited by Sail : 31st July 2018 at 22:48. Reason: Adding more info
Sail is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 17:42   #1694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi All,

I have an offer , 2014 Feb 320D base model, 28,500 kms done. It's through a bank auction as the owner has not paid EMi for the last 4-5 months. So I have no clue about BSI or Extended warranty. Auction is in a week's time. Reserve price is 15 lakhs. How much can I stretch it further during bidding ? Or should I stay away from this car. Any ball park figure that I should consider ? Tyres are good and small dents and scratches on the body as told by the car surveyor. I have seen the pics only on mobile, looks neat as far as I can see.

Please help.
If he cant afford the EMI's could he afford the servicing? I would not bid more than 80% of current market value. Go to carwal or similar and check it out
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 22:31   #1695
BHPian

Thanks for all the genuine advice and tips. I finally ended up giving my car to the Electronic City Navnit service station today. They were quite professional and I even picked up a pair of Ghost door LEDs for 10k. Lets hope the service goes smooth and sound. However, they suggested me to replace brake fluid in second service? I thought it wasnt required. Also, they suggested to change the air filter and a/c filter. My car has run just 8000 km. Also should I get a tyre rotation and alignment done from an outside professional tyre shop?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks