Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 20:29   #661
BHPian

Hopefully the launch will be in the first quarter of 2015. Cheers to some exciting times ahead.
Old 25th October 2014, 07:29   #662
BHPian

In case you don't mind the current model you could get a whopping discount in the year end. In my estimate about 5 to 8 lacs off if you shop around enough.
Old 25th October 2014, 10:20   #663
BHPian

Wow thats definitely a good news. Unfortunately, I don't have many options to shop around as there is only one dealer here in Hyderabad. Anyways, will try negotiating hardly with him.
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:22   #664
BHPian

re: BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Yeah, even I've seen the pics of the new C-Class. The interior & exterior design is awesome and it has got good reviews too. This car is also there in my mind but primarily I'm focused on the BMW facelift. (Sheer driving pleasure you know)

If there is any news confirmation that both these cars will launch in the first half of 2015, then I think it's worth a wait.
The new C Class is apparently launching late this month but don't except the F30 facelift / LCI here in India before Q3 / Q4 2015. If you have seen the F30 LCI test mule you could easily predict that the changes would be very minimal and probably not worth the wait and extra doughs IMO.

The major upgrade would be under the hood where the classic N47 will be replaced by the new B47 motor - the same engine that recently launched X3 got in India and it apparently makes 5-6 bhp more and around 20 nm of extra torque, but the downside is, there won't be same deals available on the facelift that you can clinch on the current car as that'd be a newer model...so my opinion would be to get a fantastic deal on the current car, buy M Performance Power Kit (bumps up the power to 201 bhp / 420 nm torque) from the money you save and be assured that it can leave a stock F30 LCI biting dust once you have the MPPK or any other good tuning box for that matter. That is if you want a BMW only concluding by your previous comments. If you're flexible and won't mind buying a Merc then the new C Class is worth a look. My 2 cents.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:19   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The new C Class is apparently launching late this month but don't except the F30 facelift / LCI here in India before Q3 / Q4 2015. If you have seen the F30 LCI test mule you could easily predict that the changes would be very minimal and probably not worth the wait and extra doughs IMO.

The major upgrade would be under the hood where the classic N47 will be replaced by the new B47 motor - the same engine that recently launched X3 got in India and it apparently makes 5-6 bhp more and around 20 nm of extra torque, but the downside is, there won't be same deals available on the facelift that you can clinch on the current car as that'd be a newer model...
Your suggestion makes complete sense. I believe I can easily save up to 5-6 lacs if I choose to go for the existing 3 series model. On the other hand, the looks and features of the new C - Class is also making me think twice before making a decision. Have to see it in the flesh and Test Drive once to get the complete feel of it.

Quote:
so my opinion would be to get a fantastic deal on the current car, buy M Performance Power Kit (bumps up the power to 201 bhp / 420 nm torque) from the money you save and be assured that it can leave a stock F30 LCI biting dust once you have the MPPK or any other good tuning box for that matter. That is if you want a BMW only concluding by your previous comments. If you're flexible and won't mind buying a Merc then the new C Class is worth a look. My 2 cents.
LOL. Wonderful suggestion. Thank you so much for reminding me about that performance kit. I don't know why but it didn't strike me at all. Buying an existing 320d model under discount and using that money for the performance kit is just a treat for a BMW fan like me. The only reason I was waiting for the facelift is - all the reviews told that the new engine is lot more silent. But, with that performance kit, I guess the engine will sound much better bundled with extra power. Thanks once again for your valuable suggestion. Will update you guys soon about the status.
Old 3rd November 2014, 00:56   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Your suggestion makes complete sense. I believe I can easily save up to 5-6 lacs if I choose to go for the existing 3 series model. On the other hand, the looks and features of the new C - Class is also making me think twice before making a decision. Have to see it in the flesh and Test Drive once to get the complete feel of it.

LOL. Wonderful suggestion. Thank you so much for reminding me about that performance kit. I don't know why but it didn't strike me at all. Buying an existing 320d model under discount and using that money for the performance kit is just a treat for a BMW fan like me. The only reason I was waiting for the facelift is - all the reviews told that the new engine is lot more silent. But, with that performance kit, I guess the engine will sound much better bundled with extra power. Thanks once again for your valuable suggestion. Will update you guys soon about the status.
Haha, you're welcome! In fact, with the kind of money you're gonna save on the current car you can make your 3er go bonkers. Like apart from the performance kit you can even opt for the M Sport package, better wheels, and even a proper sport suspension if you're crazy enough (I am, but I settled in the middle and got the EU spec shocks on my car which is apparently 17mm lower than regular Indian cars along with the M Sport anti sway bars)... Here are a couple of pics of my ride...
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-_mg_8066-copy-2.jpg

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-_mg_8086-copy.jpg
The point that I'm trying to make is giving the C Class a look is not a bad idea at all but waiting for the facelifted F30 isn't really worth it... Good luck!

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 3rd November 2014 at 00:57.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:33   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, you're welcome! In fact, with the kind of money you're gonna save on the current car you can make your 3er go bonkers. Like apart from the performance kit you can even opt for the M Sport package, better wheels, and even a proper sport suspension if you're crazy enough... Here are a couple of pics of my ride...
Wow. Your machine looks absolutely stunning especially in that side profile picture. Can't stop drooling all over my keyboard

Quote:
The point that I'm trying to make is giving the C Class a look is not a bad idea at all but waiting for the facelifted F30 isn't really worth it... Good luck!
Yeah, would definitely have a look at the new C Class. If not satisfied, would go with the option you have suggested as it is a rare and clear win-win situation for both heart and brain.

Last edited by madhav14 : 3rd November 2014 at 10:35.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:31   #668
BHPian

Great response from Adi I agree completely. Go for the 3 series and save money. C class is gonna be expensive.
arihant jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 11:16   #669
BHPian

Bmw Service Centre: Bangalore or Kochi?

Hi Bhpians!

This is my first thread in Teambhp even though I have been lurking the forum for years and have posted a few times after getting the membership.

Firstly, I would like to thank all bhpians in helping me choose a Red Bmw 320d sport line. The car is awesome and I love the power especially when I switch to sport mode!

My car is due for first service in January 2015(I don't think I will be covering the kms before that as my office has shifted to a nearby location from home).

Recently, I gave my car for a wash at Pete's detailing center, Bangalore, the owner Shibin told me that his Bmw customers have had horror stories when they gave their car for service in Bangalore.

Even though I am working in Bangalore, my hometown is in Kerala and I don't mind taking the car there for service. My car has a 3 year BSI, extended warranty and secure insurance.

I have the following questions:

1) I would like to ask my fellow bhpians about their personal experiences when they gave their Bmw for service in Bangalore and Cochin to help me decide which is better??

2) As I have taken BSI, I wouldn't have to pay for anything including any parts replacement during the service?

3) Any tips for maintaining the car? (As it is my first luxury car)

4) What is the correct Tyre pressure for Bmw 320d sport line? The Bmw service centre guy said 32psi and when I checked the Tyre pressure initially it was on 41 psi! I was confused and I called up the Bmw Helpline. They connected me to a guy who said 32psi on the front and 37psi on the back. Should I fill nitrogen?

Mandatory pics of the car follows(taken on my marriage day)
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-img_5503.jpg  

BMW 320d & 328i (F30) : Official Review-dpp_0315.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2014 at 16:08. Reason: No more than 2 smilies / post please
yaseenar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 10:40   #670
BHPian

Re: Bmw Service Centre: Bangalore or Kochi?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th November 2014 at 16:40.
yaseenar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th November 2014, 23:24   #671
BHPian

Grey matter input please.......Ref : 320d (Jan 2013)

1. Whats the tentative insurance and secure cost from BMW for the third year

2. Is Secure a must for the 3rd year, I mean is it worth the moolah?

Thanks in advance
Old 14th November 2014, 23:29   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
Hi Bhpians!

This is my first thread in Teambhp even though I have been lurking the forum for years and have posted a few times after getting the membership.

Firstly, I would like to thank all bhpians in helping me choose a Red Bmw 320d sport line. The car is awesome and I love the power especially when I switch to sport mode!

My car is due for first service in January 2015(I don't think I will be covering the kms before that as my office has shifted to a nearby location from home).

Recently, I gave my car for a wash at Pete's detailing center, Bangalore, the owner Shibin told me that his Bmw customers have had horror stories when they gave their car for service in Bangalore.

Even though I am working in Bangalore, my hometown is in Kerala and I don't mind taking the car there for service. My car has a 3 year BSI, extended warranty and secure insurance.

I have the following questions:

1) I would like to ask my fellow bhpians about their personal experiences when they gave their Bmw for service in Bangalore and Cochin to help me decide which is better??

2) As I have taken BSI, I wouldn't have to pay for anything including any parts replacement during the service?

3) Any tips for maintaining the car? (As it is my first luxury car)

4) What is the correct Tyre pressure for Bmw 320d sport line? The Bmw service centre guy said 32psi and when I checked the Tyre pressure initially it was on 41 psi! I was confused and I called up the Bmw Helpline. They connected me to a guy who said 32psi on the front and 37psi on the back. Should I fill nitrogen?

Mandatory pics of the car follows(taken on my marriage day)
Congrats my friend

Luxury cars need no special treatment. Be good to her, she will never let you down. BSI covers all service and maintenance. You need not pay a penny.
Maintain a tyre pressure of 30 City and 31 on highways.
Nice alloys..are they stock?
E90-E250 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2014, 21:26   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-E250 View Post
Congrats my friend

Luxury cars need no special treatment. Be good to her, she will never let you down. BSI covers all service and maintenance. You need not pay a penny.
Maintain a tyre pressure of 30 City and 31 on highways.
Nice alloys..are they stock?
Thanks! The alloys are stock for Sport line range and they look more awesome in real
Old 15th November 2014, 21:54   #674
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 17th November 2014 at 15:48.
E90-E250 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th December 2014, 17:03   #675

Hi guys,

this is my first post on the website, and I'm afraid its a service related one.
Ive been searching the web for the service schedule of a F30 320d, and different countries seem to have different schedules.

When i bought my car in Jan 2014, the MID said 10/2014 or 15,000kms which ever comes first.

My driving isn't really much, its mostly city based minimal driving. so I've hardly manage to get done 7K kms by Nov,2014. But as the MID kept promoting me for a old change based on the date, i did finally get the 1st servicing done. Which was basically a oil change, oil filter change, and air filter change. After the service now the MID says 10,000kms or 3/2016.

Im really not sure if the 1st service was even necessary. So i was wondering if any one had the official service schedule for the 3 series (F30) 320D here in india..?

Secondly, i highly doubt ill ever cover the amount of miles mentioned before the next date for the service shows up. so what should i do..? ignore the service warning based on the date..? ( unless its a major part change or inspection) and just get it serviced based on the KM count.. any kind of advise would be helpful..

Hope i get a few replies to this.. as getting it serviced so soon with hardly any miles, is a pocket burner for me...let me know..thanks guys..!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks