Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2017, 22:36   #226
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Looking at the engine bay it does not look like driven for 9.6K, if there is no service history for a car either you have to trust the seller or stay away from the deal. PM the VIN number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Stay away from it. Probably used as a dealer service vehicle / staff ride around vehicle etc for a few years and put to extremely rough use before being sold.
The seller is trust worthy as this is a repossessed vehicle sold by the financier. But there is no service history.

The car was used by an individual without registration and without paying the instalments before getting repossessed in 2015. And the car has been sitting in the financier warehouse ever since. The battery had drained when we went to see the vehicle, but it started in the first go with the service battery .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Moreover, an unregistered vehicle cannot be driven for so many kms. If I am not mistaken, it cannot be registered once it crosses xyz kms.

Other Bhpians can throw more light on it
There is no limit on the kms that can be run prior to the registration as far as I know since my dad always used to hold back registration of our family cars by even months for the availability of choice numbers.

Only penalty will be levied by the authorities over and above the dues. The terms of sale includes all necessary paper work and insurance to be updated by the seller within a specified time.
Old 17th February 2017, 05:47   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
The seller is trustworthy as this is a repossessed vehicle sold by the financier. But there is no service history.

The car was used by an individual without registration and without paying the installments before getting repossessed in 2015. And the car has been sitting in the financier warehouse ever since.
End of the day it's your call, beware of these facts
  • A vehicle cannot be driven in public places without registration
  • The temporary registration is valid only for one month and cannot be renewed further
  • The vehicle cannot be handed over to a buyer from the dealer without an insurance
Old 17th February 2017, 09:04   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
End of the day it's your call, beware of these facts
The vehicle cannot be handed over to a buyer from the dealer without an insurance
In your case, I am referring to the first buyer, ask for the expired insurance copy from the seller.
Old 17th February 2017, 11:46   #229
BHPian

Quote:
In your case, I am referring to the first buyer, ask for the expired insurance copy from the seller.
The temporary registration and insurance copy is held by the financier as it is a hypothecated vehicle.

The real risk is that the permanent registration can only be done in the name of temporary registration holder and the RC book will be delivered to the holder's address. But the seller has told they will sort the issue and give the RC book in our name.
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:19   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod Note: Please do not drag the thread off-topic. There are other threads where expired insurance etc. may be discussed.
Old 31st March 2017, 15:36   #231
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sat in a Chevrolet Enjoy from Uber last evening and must say, the wear & tear rate appears to be unusually high. Cheap underpinnings? I'd think so. It was a single-hand driven Enjoy with 1 lakh km on the odo, but it drove like something that's done 3 lakh km. The cabbie himself admitted so, and said that his Innova & Ertiga have held up much better.

It was creaking, shaking & vibrating like crazy.
Old 31st March 2017, 15:41   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sat in a Chevrolet Enjoy from Uber last evening and must say, the wear & tear rate appears to be unusually high. Cheap underpinnings? I'd think so. It was a single-hand driven Enjoy with 1 lakh km on the odo, but it drove like something that's done 3 lakh km. The cabbie himself admitted so, and said that his Innova & Ertiga have held up much better.

It was creaking, shaking & vibrating like crazy.
Funny, the last uber cabbie I had was an enjoy with nearly 2.5 lakh up and it was just fine, with a chiller of an aircon, decent suspension. The cabbie was singing its praises too.

He did take time out to mention that it couldn't be driven like a SUV due to ground clearance and as long as that was taken into account, it was a great car to drive.

I doubt it reacts well to people riding the clutch or bulldozing through speedbumps. This guy was the most careful driver I've ever seen in a cab, and wonder of wonders, never rode the clutch, knew how to use engine braking etc.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 16:02   #233
Senior - BHPian

Last month, when I went to change my Linea's engine oil, I came across this Chevy Enjoy with a rebuilt engine & new (Australian make, apparently) turbocharger.

It'd apprently done 80,000km & had engine problems which the Chevrolet service center didn't properly diagnose properly at the 60k km service.

Took a HDR pic of its engine & internals to simply see how the engine components were put together. In a brief discussion with the eager driver he said the ASC is incapable of maintaining it & his friends privately maintained Enjoy was doing well at 1,12,000km.

Chevrolet Enjoy : Official Review-img_20170225_102739_hdr.jpg
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks