Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2014, 20:18   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Same in my case, they lubricated it and I am not facing it anymore, it has been almost 2.5 months so I assume it is completely solved.

Do you have an idea about the type of lubricant used?
Old 20th August 2014, 20:44   #1157
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hope they can do this for me also, I did insist them to open up the covers but they themselves were not confident of putting it back together!
I am not sure if opening the mirror cover/cap is required to have the internal parts lubricated. Opening the mirrors are pretty easy however. The mirror simply latches on to the pivoting plate inside. You could try it yourself. Here's a clip:

It is of the Laura but all the VAG cars have the same mirror opening mechanisms.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 05:03   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Do you have an idea about the type of lubricant used?
Unfortunately i don't know that adi, it was light greenish in colour.
Old 26th August 2014, 23:26   #1159
YCJ
BHPian

How long is the current waiting period for 2.0TDI Elegance in Pune?
I saw a Blue Elegance yesterday and I just loved it. Will it take even longer for colours like Race Blue or Rio Red?
Old 4th September 2014, 10:43   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Finally decided to go with the Octavia over the Jetta, my Cappuccino Beige Octavia was delivered a few days back. Its a 2.0 TDI in Ambition trim
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Skoda Octavia (3rd-gen)-img_9543.jpg  

merve_extreme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 10:50   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
Finally decided to go with the Octavia over the Jetta, my Cappuccino Beige Octavia was delivered a few days back. Its a 2.0 TDI in Ambition trim

Congrats on your latest possession! Looks really good!! Wish you happy motoring.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 11:11   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a lovely car merve! How long was the waiting period for the car? Not too long, I'd imagine
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 13:02   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Congrats on a lovely car merve! How long was the waiting period for the car? Not too long, I'd imagine
Thanks mate.

I requested the cancellation for my 1.4TSI Ambition booking, the same dealership was not ready to convert the booking to a 2.0TDI, so I went looking around, another dealer had the 2.0TDI available for delivery but only in the Beige color and I made the choice.
So yes I was lucky in getting the car very quickly, 20 days flat, I guess if I had stuck to the black or White option it would have been the same waiting story.The Beige color as it turns out looks really elegant on the Octavia and as a plus the dirt doesn't show up easily.

Did you buy your Jetta from VW Mumbai West, I dealt with Prateek when I was looking at the Jetta as an option and he told me to look up your thread here

Last edited by merve_extreme : 4th September 2014 at 13:04.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:13   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.

I requested the cancellation for my 1.4TSI Ambition booking, the same dealership was not ready to convert the booking to a 2.0TDI, so I went looking around, another dealer had the 2.0TDI available for delivery but only in the Beige color and I made the choice.
Smart choice. Cappuccino Beige isn't my favorite color for the Octavia, but it's a very stately color that looks great nonetheless. You made the right choice by not being stuck on the color.

Quote:
So yes I was lucky in getting the car very quickly, 20 days flat, I guess if I had stuck to the black or White option it would have been the same waiting story.The Beige color as it turns out looks really elegant on the Octavia and as a plus the dirt doesn't show up easily.
Absolutely. it will be a very easy to maintain color and looks elegant. It's a very grown-up color, that's the issue I have with it, but then I'm still a 15 year old mentally so you can take my opinion with a huge pinch of salt

Quote:
Did you buy your Jetta from VW Mumbai West, I dealt with Prateek when I was looking at the Jetta as an option and he told me to look up your thread here
I did buy my Jetta from VW Mumbai West, yes. I dealt with Rohan over there and he was pleasantly surprised to see my thread on here, he asked me about it later and sent some customers to read it. Guess they're spreading it around, which is nice to see
Old 4th September 2014, 13:21   #1165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. it will be a very easy to maintain color and looks elegant. It's a very grown-up color, that's the issue I have with it, but then I'm still a 15 year old mentally so you can take my opinion with a huge pinch of salt
HAHAH, well if I had the choice all to myself it would have been the Race Blue with Grey wheels, but then I'd get a dressing down for acting like a 15 year old

Quote:
I did buy my Jetta from VW Mumbai West, yes. I dealt with Rohan over there and he was pleasantly surprised to see my thread on here, he asked me about it later and sent some customers to read it. Guess they're spreading it around, which is nice to see
Yes they are, and it's a great write up
merve_extreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 17:54   #1166
BHPian

Congrats merve! That's a lovely color. Can we have a few more photos please? Did the front mudflaps come with the car? Also any info about extended warranty?
joethomasv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 18:24   #1167
BHPian

Congrats on a brilliant car merve! Wishing you trouble free running for thousands of kms.
please post an initial ownership once you run in the engine and have some time.
Good choice but given the prices in petrol and diesel nearing each other wish you had picked up the 1.8 tsi. unfortunately waiting period is too long :(
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 00:21   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Congrats merve! That's a lovely color. Can we have a few more photos please? Did the front mudflaps come with the car? Also any info about extended warranty?
Thanks Joe, Surely will upload more pics when the weather clears up. I had to get the front mud flaps installed, cost me Rs. 1400 odd. No info on the extended warranty yet. Hopefully they will roll it out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Congrats on a brilliant car merve! Wishing you trouble free running for thousands of kms.
please post an initial ownership once you run in the engine and have some time.
Good choice but given the prices in petrol and diesel nearing each other wish you had picked up the 1.8 tsi. unfortunately waiting period is too long :(
Thanks Nikhil, well the 1.8TSI is an Auto only and I didn't want to deal with DSG issues and as you pointed out the long waiting period is a deal breaker.
Old 8th September 2014, 13:07   #1169
BHPian

Went to the Skoda showroom here in Noida and was surprised to find that Skoda has discontinued the 1.4 TSI option from their Octavia line-up. Such a shame as that was the only variant that fit my budget :(.

Anyways, maybe they are thinking about getting the stripped down 1.8 TSI?
Monaro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 14:29   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Went to the Skoda showroom here in Noida and was surprised to find that Skoda has discontinued the 1.4 TSI option from their Octavia line-up. Such a shame as that was the only variant that fit my budget :(.

Anyways, maybe they are thinking about getting the stripped down 1.8 TSI?
Huh!!! why would skoda do that? also, I'm hearing this for the first time here. Can anyone else corroborate this? The 1.4 TSI is still listed on their website though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks