Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:17   #6481
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakwontsing View Post
I clicked this pic of my friend on passenger seat.... head.

Attachment 1869155
Please check the following images I found on google.
In short, the head-rest is proper (Unless you own a Merc or BMW and the likes with active head-restraints, these are good to go.)

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-21121308721425510561736_.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-cockpitdrillseatposition1.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-headrest1.jpg

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-hwead2.jpg

Last edited by RavSam : 22nd April 2019 at 10:46.
Old 22nd April 2019, 10:38   #6482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Please check the following images I found on google.
In short, the head-rest is proper (Unless you own a Merc or BMW and the likes with active head-restraints, these are good to go.
Sure. Thanks! Can someone post his/her pic if possible how do they sit, what is their posture in City? Seriously, I am not happy with what I am going through. And the pics posted on websites are for ideal scenarios and for reference purposes to educate others. May be 99% folks would be happy with it but unfortunately I fall in that 1% category who is struggling with these researched things even after knowing these are for my safety. Surely body will adjust. If not then head restt need to be adjusted somehow.

Last edited by ampere : 29th April 2019 at 09:00. Reason: Removed dead links from quoted post
Old 22nd April 2019, 16:54   #6483
BHPian

I have 2018 model city and i did not face the problem you're facing even though I'm a turbaned sikh. This problem affects me more so i always check for this before buying any car. All u have to do is recline the back of your seat a little more and adjust the steering reach accordingly. Also raise your headrest a little if you're tall. I'm 5.8 by the way
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:04   #6484
BHPian

Guys, Need quick help - when taking a call in the car, how does one mute himself/herself? I have the V-version, and, I couldn't find a button on steering wheel to do so, and also the touchscreen didn't seem to have it. I can mute on the phone, but that's a bit cumbersome. With the kind of traffic noise we have, leaving the mic unmuted for even a few seconds longer than necessary is painful for others on the call.
Thanks!
Old 24th April 2019, 08:36   #6485
Senior - BHPian

Time for the first free service for my City iVTEC is fast approaching and the car has done only around 650 kms. Would like to know if most owners here have done an oil change at the first service?

Typically I prefer to stick to manufacturer's recommended oil change schedule which does not recommend oil change at first service, but it I'll be interesting to know how many have specifically asked for oil changes at first service. Has there been any noticeable change on engine smoothness following such oil change?
Old 24th April 2019, 09:09   #6486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
the car has done only around 650 kms. Would like to know if most owners here have done an oil change at the first service?
We had only around 500 kms on the ODO by the time of 1st service ( 3 months ) - Service guys suggested NOT to do oil change and instead, it was done at 6 months service( ODO ~ 1k ).
Old 26th April 2019, 22:01   #6487
BANNED

The friendship is going strong even after 4 years 11 months and
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-ec3516f036c24a4cb5194b3bcff1409b.jpeg

I am still loving the drives, the sweet i-vtec engine and gearbox combination makes up for the shortcomings. Still hear random rattles (little ones), while going over road imperfections, but the car has hold itself up in a good way till now.

Last edited by pavi : 26th April 2019 at 22:03.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 08:10   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Still hear random rattles (little ones), while going over road imperfections, but the car has hold itself up in a good way till now.
Have you upsized the tyres from 185/55? If yes, how are they holding up? Do mention the rattles at the next service - most of them probably just need easy fixes.

Happy Driving
Old 27th April 2019, 09:12   #6489
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Have you upsized the tyres from 185/55? If yes, how are they holding up? Do mention the rattles at the next service - most of them probably just need easy fixes.

Happy Driving
The car came with 175/65/15 Bridgestone tires, after 27,000 kms upgraded to 195/60/15 accelera tires and 6.5j alloys, which then changed to 195/60/15 Michelin XM2 tires due to increased tire noise from the accelera tires in 15,000 kms. I have been using Michelins for the last 38,000 kms, and the experience is just fantastic in my book. The steering have weighted up nicely and the cornering ability have gone up considerably. I will stick on to this particular size tires in future too, as I feel they are the right balance for the car.

Since the engine is super quiet, and I have done door damping (DIY), very minor rattles are also audible. During last service they had fixed the front cowl rattle, but now some other rattle have developed. I have applied doubled sided 3M tape on the ‘suspects’, but I think the suspects are innocent, need to find the real criminal.

Last edited by pavi : 27th April 2019 at 09:13.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 14:59   #6490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadab.upes View Post
Thanks Varun, will definitely follow through your suggestions, but my car has always been serviced on time. I will ask ASS to clean fuel injectors.
Hey buddy - stumbled on this post. Just curious, what is your take now of that situation. I am also facing a similar issue. My 2016 City is 43K driven and kind of sluggish in 2k-3k range. Air filter change etc is regularly done. Am not sure about injectors though.

At Large - Is there any way that I can check if fuel injectors have been changed during regular servicing?
Old 27th April 2019, 19:52   #6491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
We had only around 500 kms on the ODO by the time of 1st service ( 3 months ) - Service guys suggested NOT to do oil change and instead, it was done at 6 months service( ODO ~ 1k ).
Finished the first service today for RS.0. Just a cursory check on the fluids and a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The friendship is going strong even after 4 years 11 months.
Good to know that the iVTEC is performing well. That's a good number of kms clocked! I have upgraded to 196/60 R 15 Michelins as well, ride comfort has increased quite a bit and so has steering feel and braking performance.
Old 28th April 2019, 11:15   #6492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
My 2 cents:

Please get neck pillows . But don't bend the rods of the headrest neither turn them around.

By doing so you will compromise on the safety aspect of these head restraints.

Honda must have thought something before designing these.

This is my suggestion.

Looks like i have found a position where my problems have subsided drastically. So head restraints have escaped my hammer for now

Completed 1k on odo in 20 days given I travel 100km per day - from Noida to Gurgaon and back. Will go for first service next Sunday.

Done tank full thrice in three weeks. Mileage is 14-15 kmpl. But I feel the pick up is very slow possibly because I am used to driving manual car before CVT. But once it picks up then there is no stopping. Due to city driving not able to run it for 100 kmph for consistent duration. Need to plan some outing so that I get a chance to drive on some good highway and enjoy the thrill.
Old 28th April 2019, 16:40   #6493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
On a related note, our (now sold) 2005 Chevrolet Optra's headrests could be adjusted for tilt (in addition to height)!
I am sure adjustable tilt won't cost Honda a fortune so they should provide this option for sure. Being not a cheap car, this is actually desirable in City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
I have 2018 model city and i did not face the problem you're facing even though I'm a turbaned sikh. This problem affects me more so i always check for this before buying any car. All u have to do is recline the back of your seat a little more and adjust the steering reach accordingly. Also raise your headrest a little if you're tall. I'm 5.8 by the way
Guneet paaji (read it in punjabi accent) I am almost 5'10". Tried everything but to no avail. Finally got a position where I am pretty comfortable though still not 100 percent. Hopefully it will be better in coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Finished the first service today for RS.0. Just a cursory check on the fluids and a wash.
So they don't charge anything for free service? I recall I had to shell out little something for my Santro's first free service many years back. I will be taking it for free service next week. Per your post seems only few checks and wash. Anything specific to ask for?

Also, I have observed that when I pull down the driver side window glass the plastic cladding on the door moves slightly outwards and when I close the window the plastic cladding moves in. Is it something by design to make way for rolling glass or is it an issue? Did any of you notice it in your City?

And did anyone face issues with Bluetooth delays. I think I posted earlier too, I observed delay of 2-3 seconds with Bluetooth. The video starts on phone and it plays on car audio with a difference. Never happened with pioneer BT system I had in my earlier car. Surely specific to this car but not sure if it is with Digipad in all cars or I am the only one facing it.

Last edited by Lakwontsing : 28th April 2019 at 16:43. Reason: Added Bluetooth query
Old 29th April 2019, 08:28   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
So they don't charge anything for free service?

Surely specific to this car but not sure if it is with Digipad in all cars or I am the only one facing it.
It is a free routine service provided there are no other problems that need fixing. Nothing in specific to be asked here. Also, haven't had this problem of the cladding moving like you have mentioned, do tell your service guy about this.

I think its been proven in this forum that the Digipad 1.0 is flawed and at times can get glitchy or stuck. I guess we'll just have to find our own ways to cope with it.
Old 29th April 2019, 09:17   #6495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got a position where I am pretty comfortable though still not 100 percent. Hopefully it will be better in coming days.

So they don't charge anything for free service?

Also, I have observed that when I pull down the driver side window glass the plastic cladding on the door moves slightly outwards and when I close the window the plastic cladding moves in. Is it something by design to make way for rolling glass or is it an issue? Did any of you notice it in your City?

And did anyone face issues with Bluetooth delays.
Good to know that your head restraint problems are sorted for the time being. I personally don't use the head restraint much, meaning, I drive in a position where my head is very lightly touching the head rest. The head restraint is primarily to prevent whiplash injuries in case of an accident. That said, I have not really had any issues thus far. Overall, I find the seating to be very comfortable. One of my primary requirements when buying a car is that the seating has to be very comfortable for my body type with good back support. So far, I am happy - touchwood.

Yes, the first service was completely free. They only topped up the windshield washer fluid, but did not charge for it. If there are any consumables required, then those would be chargeable. In my case, no such consumable was required.

I have not noticed any doorpad flex in my car. This is however a common issue in many cars across brands, but from what I have heard, the current generation of the City has had it sorted out at the factory level itself.

As for Bluetooth delays, the Digipad is not a fast unit for starters. I am not a heavy Bluetooth user, but the few times that I have used it, I have found it to be reasonably effective and have not noticed any major delays.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 29th April 2019 at 09:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks