Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 17:20   #5281
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
As you said, 3.25 lacs doesn't justify it but perhaps a V-AT at 1 lac extra would have hit the sweet spot.
There is something with these Jap auto manufacturers. Similar is the case with the new Toyota Crysta. For the lower G variant (+- INR 18L), Toyota gave AT and nothing else. Then straight to the Z variant (+- INR 26L) which has AT and fully loaded. The middle V variant (+- INR 22L) does not get AT but decent features.

So Toyota just like Honda is 'forcing' customers to pay extra and go for the highest variant. Honda can easily make the V variant AT and give the customer more choices.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:26   #5282
BHPian

I am new to the world of Automatics and my newly booked Honda City CVT will be my first automatic.

A couple of noob questions from me hence:

1. My office parking requires me to park in "Neutral" gear many a times (almost always), possible to park an the CVT in N ?? since AFAIK, i can not switch off the car while in anything other than P.
2. How to run-in an automatic, since i do not really control the revs per se. For a manual car i usually try and run-in the car by driving over a range of RPM's through the first 1K kms, how do i do this with the AT ?? Any other tips for running-in the CVT ?

Pls guide !!
Old 16th December 2016, 10:55   #5283
Senior - BHPian

That is for people parking cars with a manual transmission in first gear just because that's what their driving school instructor told them to do. (That is sort of useful when parked on a slope - first gear and steering wheel locked - but useless most anywhere else)

Put the car in P and move on with your life.

For a CVT AT - don't put the car into sport mode for the first few hundred km at least, don't take it to high speeds either. Drive at varying but moderate speeds for the first 2000 km.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 15:02   #5284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Put the car in P and move on with your life.
I would assume this would mean i can not park my automatic car in neutral and will have to run down to the parking area if i ever have to park in the row which requires me to leave car on neutral
Old 16th December 2016, 15:12   #5285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I would assume this would mean i can not park my automatic car in neutral and will have to run down to the parking area if i ever have to park in the row which requires me to leave car on neutral
Do you have people peeking into your car to see what gear it is in?

Anyway if the parking staff see an automatic transmission instead of a manual where they can make out "gearshift to the left and forward so it is left in 1st gear" my guess is they'll just leave it alone.
Old 16th December 2016, 15:34   #5286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Do you have people peeking into your car to see what gear it is in?

Anyway if the parking staff see an automatic transmission instead of a manual where they can make out "gearshift to the left and forward so it is left in 1st gear" my guess is they'll just leave it alone.
Nop, its not about people peeking in the car. The parking per se calls for cars to move around and the parking staff will always be running behind me and giving calls to me if they have to move the car around.
Sorry again, for the noobish questions !!
Old 16th December 2016, 15:40   #5287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
1. My office parking requires me to park in "Neutral" gear many a times (almost always), possible to park an the CVT in N ?? since AFAIK, i can not switch off the car while in anything other than P.
Your car should have a shift lock that allows you to change from P to N without the key being inserted.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tral-gear.html
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 16:33   #5288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Oh has the Bangalore roads also gone bad. At least the roads were smooth even though the traffic was bad when I left Bangalore in 2013.

Rough ride quality is one of the characteristics of Honda vehicles. I installed Rogerab and then found the ride quality to be a tad better but in no ways excellent. You can try that as there is an option of installing and returning back with full refund (minus the installation charges of 500 bucks or so) if you don't like the performance.

Under pressuring the tyres increases the ride comfort but decreases tyre life and fuel efficiency. F32 and R30 is the honda recommended tyre pressure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Exactly. Two pressures are the recommended F35R33 or F32R30. I find the latter more comfortable and sufficient. In case it isn't, keep pressure 31-29 - I do that sometimes when my kid is onboard for more comfort. Ideally 32-30 should be sufficient but 1psi lower in case it isn't , shouldn't harm.
Won't polyurethane separators make the ride even harder? I thought they were more used for preventing suspension squat and increasing ride height.

I have played around with the tyre pressure. It does not produce very good results plus i cringe looking at the bent sidewalls. I am running on stock Bridgestones. I tried a car shod with Michelin XM1 but that was not very good either. I am convinced that the suspension has to be changed to get substantial improvement.
Old 16th December 2016, 21:19   #5289
Senior - BHPian

While driving in traffic, something unusual happened.

While shifting the gears, there was a raise in the RPM needle momentarily (by the ECU), nothing out of the ordinary here.
After this, the check engine orange light started glowing. The engine was running but the revs wouldn't rise beyond about 1K RPM on pressing the accelerator. It was driveable a little higher idle RPM.
I even tried switched off the ignition and restarting to see if the light went away, but the light and problem persisted after starting it.

Luckily it happened very close to the service center and I left my car there.
They checked and diagnosed it as a "software glitch" that is very "rare" and updated the software to the latest version and the Check Engine light went away. There was no service charge/cost involved.

Have anyone else faced the same?

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th December 2016 at 21:29.
Old 16th December 2016, 23:23   #5290
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post

Luckily it happened very close to the service center and I left my car there.
They checked and diagnosed it as a "software glitch" that is very "rare" and updated the software to the latest version and the Check Engine light went away. There was no service charge/cost involved.

Have anyone else faced the same?
That's pretty interesting and no it hasn't happened with my 06/2015 City yet. What is your car's month and year? And any idea when this software update was released?
Old 17th December 2016, 18:03   #5291
Senior - BHPian

Mine is a 05/2014 model.
To specifically quote the error "HDS DTC was 132-09 (P061B)" whatever that means.
Corrected with "PGM-FI & ECV software updation" doesn't mention any specific date, the advisor mentioned its the latest version.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 17th December 2016 at 18:06.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:09   #5292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Mine is a 05/2014 model.
To specifically quote the error "HDS DTC was 132-09 (P061B)" whatever that means.
Check the link:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0601

This screenshot may be of use

Name:  ForumRunner_20161217_190905.png
Views: 2806
Size:  96.0 KB

Last edited by a4anurag : 17th December 2016 at 19:17.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 13:35   #5293

Honda City CVT engine review and modification?

Hello fellow Team-BHP members!

I have recently bought the Honda City CVT VX model in New Delhi. I will start with a brief about the car and the fittings that I have got done.

Exterior and Interior:
I am fairly happy with the looks and space in the car (especially for the rear seat passengers). Got the projector headlamps and DRLs fitted by Honda itself and honestly the car looks stunning. Also got the stock tyres (really narrow) upgraded to the Yokohama Earth-1 tyres.

Engine:
Honestly, not so happy with the engine power and pick up. Although the CVT does not let you feel the gear shifts but the pick up just feels like you are putting your foot on the acceleration a lot and it is not at all accompanied by the relative pick up on road. All it gives you is endless noise of acceleration.
Coming to the Sports mode of the car; yes you do feel that the car is lighter and pick up is better but after the inital acceleration again the same problem; too much noise of acceleration not accompanied by so much of speed. Honda also gives you paddle shifts but when you use them you do feel the jerks, exactly defining the rubber band effect.

Engine Modification??
Guys I am really looking for an engine modification in this car that can possibly increase the power somewhat so that I feel better driving this. I did enquire at a few places but everyone said there are very little things that can be done to this car especially the CVT one.
Requesting everyone to please suggest what all I can do and from where in Delhi. Comments and suggestions are most welcome!
Old 18th December 2016, 18:56   #5294
BHPian

Has anybody been using a mobile phone holder on their City 4th Gen? If yes, please suggest some good ones!
Thank you.
Old 18th December 2016, 21:59   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Has anybody been using a mobile phone holder on their City 4th Gen? If yes, please suggest some good ones!
Thank you.
I use spigen magnetic air vent mount. I installed it on the driver side air vent. Very practical.
Attached Thumbnails
4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-61atijyn9tl._sl1000_.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-61wsydywgbl._sl1000_.jpg  

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-51aof28egil.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks