Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 16:19   #6376
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
I forgot to add the pictures to my original posts. Apologies!

Rust on suspension / wheel hub components. I paid to have these replaced. My car is currently under extended warranty.

Rust on the car's body.

Attachment 1829715
Attachment 1829716
Sharing an update related to one of my posts from a few months ago.

Honda have fixed the rust that appeared on the body at no cost to me. The left rear quarter panel, left rear rocker panel, left rear door and both wiper arms were replaced. They took time to run my complaint through their system but solved my problem in the end. Took them about 20-25 days to carry out the entire repair. I was told by the body shop manager that they had to cut out the entire panel and weld in a new one (as per Honda's recommended procedure). Happy with the finish and overall result.

On a similar note, 2 of my friends who also own a City each (VX-MT & VX-AT, both 2016), are facing rust issues. One of them is currently going through Honda's complaint process. The other is planning to lodge a complaint soon. The VX-AT is in worse shape. Both rear doors, left rear quarter and boot are rusted through.

Shocking to see such poor metal quality on a Honda. Anyone else on the forum has dealt with something like this on their car?
fordfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 16:52   #6377
BANNED

Quote:
Sharing an update related to one of my posts from a few months ago.
Can you post pictures of the repaired panels?
Old 18th March 2019, 19:34   #6378
BHPian

Quote:
Shocking to see such poor metal quality on a Honda. Anyone else on the forum has dealt with something like this on their car?
I have uploaded pictures of the extensive rust on my 2014 city a few pages back. I too was shocked to see that my car was aging so badly compared to the previous Honda’s we owned in the family (2nd gen city and the civic).

Unfortunately due to my dads busy schedule and my upcoming exams, haven’t really got time to rectify it. Will get it done before the monsoon for sure has I have a leaking rear right door to get fixed too
Old 19th March 2019, 11:13   #6379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Can you post pictures of the repaired panels?
Sharing a picture as requested.

4th-gen Honda City : Official Review-img_3913.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratyush2407 View Post
I have uploaded pictures of the extensive rust on my 2014 city a few pages back. I too was shocked to see that my car was aging so badly compared to the previous Honda’s we owned in the family (2nd gen city and the civic).
Hope they fix your car FOC too. I wonder does this problem affect a certain batch (or batches) of the City. This is my 4th City and though rust had shown up on my previous ones too, it was only around the 6th or 7th year of ownership. Not expected in a 3 year old car!
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:17   #6380

I have Honda City VMT Petrol bought in April 2015. Can some one help with 80K/48 Mnth service cost? I sent my car today to Arya Honda Bhandup Mumbai and they telling me on call that it will take 14k or buy their AMC. I am just frustrated with them upselling than doing their work on car. I have never seen a bill of 14k in my last 9 services with them. I have seriously developed trust issues with them as focus is to get more money and less on fixing the problem at hand.

Considering I had taken extended warranty, starting 5th year, does it make sense to move to FNGs or Startups in this space compared to sticking with ASC?. I would ideally like to continue with ASC if they are more or less similar in cost.
Old 20th March 2019, 14:13   #6381
BHPian

Guys, Need your valuable inputs about the variant (V vs Vx).

It appeared easy - I don't want leather seats and don't want a sunroof either. So, was heading towards V-CVT, but then I noticed the tyre size spec.

My decade old car (Ritz) rides on fatter tyres from factory, and it seems odd to spend >2x money and get a car with thinner tyres. Inability to accept thinner tyres could be a purely psychological thing, so wanted to know how good is the stock tyre size on the V-version (175/65R15)? I'm buying a CVT, so unlikely that I'd be pushing the car very hard - just need neutral, predictable performance and braking.

Also, if I decide to upsize (say 185/65R15 or 195/60R15), how fussy is Honda in terms of honoring suspension warranty should an issue arise? 185/65 R15 is slightly more than the recommended 2% margin, but only by a bit..so hoping it is okay

Coming to the sunroof, at 5'11", I'm only slightly taller than average, but felt the loss of headroom (of an inch or two vs. the non-sunroof version) to be an issue. Did other drivers feel the same? And, is one likely to get used to the lower headroom over time?

Thankfully, the redefined Vx trim has fabric seats and not the so-called 'leather seats' (which IMHO are a misfit in our weather). So, if I can live with sunroof, I can go with Vx and not worry about tyre upsize and suspension warranty etc.

Cheers,
Su-47

Last edited by Su-47 : 20th March 2019 at 14:13. Reason: Fixed extra spaces
Old 20th March 2019, 14:31   #6382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Guys, Need your valuable inputs about the variant (V vs Vx).

Also, if I decide to upsize (say 185/65R15 or 195/60R15), how fussy is Honda in terms of honoring suspension warranty should an issue arise?

Did other drivers feel the same? And, is one likely to get used to the lower headroom over time?
A lot of the city users have upgraded to 195/60 R15 and are facing no issues regarding warranty. Infact this upgrade size is highly recommend my our moderators too

You will get used to the lower headroom in the VX version and it won't really pose a problem.

If you are stretching for the VX version just because of the tires and you don't really care about the sunroof then stick to the V variant. There is no real difference between the two now since Honda removed the LED headlights.

I will recommend if you can stretch and get the ZX variant, that will be the best as it gets the bright LED headlamps as well as 6 airbags, soft touch dashboard etc...
And with the discounts going around, it would make for a great deal too!
Pratyush2407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 16:49   #6383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, if I decide to upsize (say 185/65R15 or 195/60R15), how fussy is Honda in terms of honoring suspension warranty should an issue arise? 185/65 R15 is slightly more than the recommended 2% margin, but only by a bit..so hoping it is okay

Coming to the sunroof, at 5'11", I'm only slightly taller than average, but felt the loss of headroom (of an inch or two vs. the non-sunroof version) to be an issue. Did other drivers feel the same? And, is one likely to get used to the lower headroom over time?
There is a significant difference (1-2 inches) between headrooms of the versions with sunroof and the ones without. I felt this very acutely when I test drove the city, in the top trim. However, when I sat in the V version, the headroom was noticeably better, even with the drivers seat raised to the full height. thankfully, I was anyways aiming for the V trim and not VX/ ZX, so this worked well for me.

As for the tires, the sales guys were clear that suspension warranty would be voided, but not other warranties. How this ultimately works out is anyone's guess, but from what I hear, they do not create any major issues with upgraded tires when it comes to warranty claims.

By the way, just received an SMS from Dakshin Honda that they are offering additional discounts for Holi. Quantum not specified though.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 20th March 2019 at 16:51.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:29   #6384
BHPian

I recently had a look at the radiant red of the city, which was launched as a 2019 model. I have to say it looks GORGEOUS. The older red looks drab in comparison to this. If anyone is on the fence deciding whether or not to get the red city, trust me, you will never regret it. It looks as good as how I am describing it.
Old 20th March 2019, 20:54   #6385
BHPian

Quote:
lot of the city users have upgraded to 195/60 R15 and are facing no issues regarding warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
the sales guys were clear that suspension warranty would be voided, but not other warranties.
Thanks, it's comforting to know that it is not some irrational stance - "you modified that one thing, that's it man, our relationship is over!"
Quote:
If you are stretching for the VX version just because of the tires and you don't really care about the sunroof then stick to the V variant.
I didn't mind paying for sunroof if it didn't come at the expense of reduced headroom. Say, if we were talking about an SUV with more than sufficient headroom, I would have gladly paid for the sunroof version.
Quote:
I will recommend if you can stretch and get the ZX variant, that will be the best as it gets the bright LED headlamps as well as 6 airbags, soft touch dashboard etc...
Stretching is not a problem, but other than the headroom, there are two other irritants - leather seats and that hideous spoiler. I'm hoping the spoiler can be removed, but can't do a thing about the seats - as covering them would interfere with side airbags (perhaps the most important point because of which one would consider Zx in the first place)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
By the way, just received an SMS from Dakshin Honda that they are offering additional discounts for Holi.
The rate at which you are getting discount offers, if you don't buy it soon, they may have to give it to you for free. Jokes apart, thank you for sharing this info, will be handy once I move into the negotiation phase..

Last edited by Su-47 : 20th March 2019 at 20:54. Reason: Spaces again!
Old 20th March 2019, 21:00   #6386

Guys, need an info. I own a 2018 City V MT and had just completed the 3rd free service. Apparently my car bluetooth hardly works and I complained twice to the SA, but he came back that its due to the AC blower pointing upwards!! Do any of you have the same problem?

He also told me that the latest City (2019) model comes with Digipad 2 (same as Amaze & Jazz). Can you please confirm that too? If thats the case, I would like to replace my Digipad 1 with 2.
Old 21st March 2019, 08:37   #6387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't mind paying for sunroof if it didn't come at the expense of reduced headroom. Say, if we were talking about an SUV with more than sufficient headroom, I would have gladly paid for the sunroof version.

Jokes apart, thank you for sharing this info, will be handy once I move into the negotiation phase..
If headroom is an important factor, then definitely consider the V version. In my case, I couldn't help thinking (when I test drive the higher end VX / ZX versions) that my head would bump violently against the roof if the car had go over a sudden speed breaker or pothole which caused excessive vertical movement. Scary thought indeed! The versions with sunroof are therefore not workable for me, since I prefer to keep the driver seat in the higher positions rather than very low.

Better move soon into the negotiations phase. With the last week of March coming up, dealers should be falling over themselves to woo you and clear accumulated stocks of the City. Good time to haggle and get a great deal on Jan/ Feb manufactured cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
He also told me that the latest City (2019) model comes with Digipad 2 (same as Amaze & Jazz). Can you please confirm that too? If thats the case, I would like to replace my Digipad 1 with 2.
Is this correct? Not sure about this, so others can possibly confirm whether this is accurate. Which dealership gave you this information?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 21st March 2019 at 08:38.
Old 21st March 2019, 10:27   #6388
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently my car bluetooth hardly works and I complained twice to the SA, but he came back that its due to the AC blower pointing upwards!! Do any of you have the same problem?
What nonsense!
Didn't you ask him if you would be able to connect 2x phones at the same time if the vents were made to point downwards??
Old 21st March 2019, 10:49   #6389

Yes, I did and it still doesn;t work, utter nonsense.. i have asked them for a digipad replacement since mine is under warranty. So I'm checking since I'm going to replace my digipad, why can't I go for the digipad 2 instead of the original one.
Old 21st March 2019, 11:05   #6390
BANNED

Quote:
Apparently my car bluetooth hardly works and I complained twice to the SA, but he came back that its due to the AC blower pointing upwards!! Do any of you have the same problem?
That’s a stupid reason. Blutooth connection is not interfered by air. Can you try connecting by initiating the blutooth connection from your mobile phone instead of initiating from the ICE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks