Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2019, 23:28   #6286
BHPian

re: 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review

Sad that they removed the base E variant. It was actually a great VFM variant. I didn't buy myself since I needed a rear view mirror, but was a great option with OTR under 10L.

Also I now see that the V petrol MT is now 10.45 ex showroom and a whopping 12.45L on road! I had bought it for that sweet 9.99L ex showroom
Old 18th January 2019, 11:57   #6287
Senior - BHPian

Honda is going nuts. They just substantially increased prices effective January 1. For instance,the V petrol was increased by Rs. 25,000. Now, within a month they are set to increase prices even more! Not sure if this represents any kind of value for money anymore, unless good discounts come by.

Diesel and automatic variants will suffer even higher price hits I suppose.
Old 19th January 2019, 16:42   #6288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Hi guys, those of you who got 3M Noodle mats, do they use single piece for rear or 3 pieces?

Some pictures will be great.
I have got it done for my Honda City and it is one piece.
yogesh.8984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 18:28   #6289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Sad that they removed the base E variant. It was actually a great VFM variant. I didn't buy myself since I needed a rear view mirror, but was a great option with OTR under 10L.
Pardon me, can you please explain what you meant by rear view mirror? Can't imagine a car without rear view mirror. Is it electrically adjustable or foldable?
Old 20th January 2019, 00:03   #6290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Pardon me, can you please explain what you meant by rear view mirror?

I suspect, he meant a rear view camera :-)
Old 20th January 2019, 19:33   #6291
BHPian

Honda is going crazy over pricing. Just till 3-4 months back, the V MT Petrol Variant was sensibly priced at 9.99L. This is just below the next road tax slab >= 10L in Karnataka. The on-road price was ~11.4.
Now, Honda has increased the ex-showroom price to 10.4L, which is in the next tax slab of 15%. The on-road price has now become ~12.4L, an effective increase of 1L with no change in the car.
Considering that the 4th gen Honda city is 5 years old and the new one might be around the corner, I would not put my hard earned 12.4L on this. I would rather shop at alternatives or put in 4-5L more and shop a car from a segment above.
Though I am not, If I wanted Honda City only, I would have looked at used car market and picked a 2-3-year-old honda city at about 7-8L. I would have let the depreciation of first 2-3 years work for me .
amit1agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 08:37   #6292
BHPian

Has anyone done central locking customization. I recently bought home 2018 City ZX and in the feature list central locking customization is mentioned. I want only driver side door to unlock when I put the car in 'P' I.e. parking mode.
Search on Google got me to
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...6278046-241081

I thought this would work as Jazz and City may have things in common. But I couldnt get the process to work on my car. SA is clueless. Has anyone been able to use the feature?

~m
Old 30th January 2019, 20:01   #6293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
Has anyone done central locking customization. I recently bought home 2018 City ZX and in the feature list central locking customization is mentioned. I want only driver side door to unlock when I put the car in 'P' I.e. parking mode.
Search on Google got me to
https://www.hondacarindia.com/owners...6278046-241081

I thought this would work as Jazz and City may have things in common. But I couldnt get the process to work on my car. SA is clueless. Has anyone been able to use the feature?

~m
Haven't given a try, but reading the documentation it seems this is for the South African model.
Old 31st January 2019, 23:30   #6294
BANNED

Anybody came across a weird issue with the Honda City keyfob that the unlock/lock does not work properly?. Usually the lock action works and the one small red light keeps on for sometime and then goes off. The unlock usually don’t work, sometimes the unlock button press locks the car. This is the keyfob for SV model, the one with out keyless entry. I have replaced the battery sometime back, hence not a weak battery issue. Any inputs?

Note: I would try to upload a video of the same later.

Last edited by pavi : 31st January 2019 at 23:33.
Old 1st February 2019, 11:19   #6295
BANNED

Adding the video as mentioned.

Note to mods: please merge with my previous post as the time window for editing is already passed.
Old 1st February 2019, 23:44   #6296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Just to correct, the immobilizer function is in both the keys(indeed, in the third key as well in the cases where applicable). If this isn't there, your car won't start, thus rendering the key useless. It is the keyless entry / remote functionality (also includes antitheft alarm) which is limited only to the primary key. That's the reason Chennai-Indian, I explicitly mentioned to check and test both the keys post reprogramming. Thanks.

Dear Pravint,

You lucky mate to have both full-fledged keys. My dad's 2008 Honda City ZX has 3 keys (1 primary sports key and 2 secondary non-remote keys). My Jazz 2015 came with only 2 keys, the one with remote (just as your's) and the other w/remote, but of course with immobilizer. Thanks.
Hey there!
One key-less fob of my City VX(O) 2014 got stolen yesterday. I have insurance mentioning "loss of key cover". Any clue if this kind of insurance cover takes care of key-less entry fobs? Does it require changing the whole key-less access system or just reprogramming of the existing keys and providing a new additional key?

Well I am kind of scared because the stolen key-less fob can be used to attempt a new theft, and that surely going to be my beloved City. :(

Also, if any member has an idea about key reprogramming outside Honda, that would be helpful in case Honda chooses to charge hefty amount and my insurer deny the claim.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd February 2019 at 00:32. Reason: Spacing.
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:23   #6297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Adding the video as mentioned.

https://Youtu.be/rz5h30nm_MY

Note to mods: please merge with my previous post as the time window for editing is already passed.
Adding to the above posts, I had removed the key fob transmitter chip from the key and checked the switches on the board. They are working fine but the light was on for a long time with each press. At last I had to buy a new key and re-program the same at the honda dealer and now the issue is fixed.
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:26   #6298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At last I had to buy a new key and re-program the same at the honda dealer and now the issue is fixed.

Glad to know it is fixed now. How much you paid for a new key + programming to Honda dealer?
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:45   #6299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Glad to know it is fixed now. How much you paid for a new key + programming to Honda dealer?
It costed ₹2700 at the dealer for the new key and reprogramming. As I had already seen the inside of the key, I asked the techinician to take the chip from the new key and keep inside the old key and program the same. So the cost of key cutting (₹800) is saved. I need to reprogram the spare key too now, otherwise it cannot be used to start the engine. He said it is a usual issue with the key which happens with lot of usage, my car has crossed 75,000 kms. He also added it would be covered under extended warranty. I had only taken 2 year extended warranty which ended last June, hence had to pay from my pocket.

Last edited by pavi : 2nd February 2019 at 14:47.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:56   #6300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He also added it would be covered under extended warranty. I had only taken 2 year extended warranty which ended last June, hence had to pay from my pocket.
Thanks for reminding me to get 2 year extended warranty for my car.

Good to know that even key is covered under that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks