Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Coming back to Mobilio, I have a feeling Honda will either undercut the Ertiga or price it on par. And I hope MSIL counters it by getting an updated Ertiga. 1.6L Diesel and black interiors anyone?
Well half of your wish has already come true, Maruti launched a limited edition Ertiga with black and beige interiors (basically the DZire's color palate)

Source: IAB

Here's a picture of the dash
Honda Mobilio : Official Review-marutiertigalimitededitionliveimagecabin1024x768.jpg

And Maruti is already said to be putting the 1.6 in the S-Cross so hoping that also makes it to the Ertiga someday!
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
However, if they charge a premium on Ertiga that's anything over 20k, they're effectively doing a double whammy: i.e. giving a Jazz like premium priced product but with quality cost cutting nevertheless.
Amaze and Dzire are priced at par. I don't see why Honda should price Mobilio higher than the Ertiga! We should have the answers tomorrow!!

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd July 2014 at 11:09. Reason: Please see mod note.
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:17   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umashankar View Post
Hello Experts,

I am planning to buy the Mobilio, I like the RS version.

I am not able to decide between the Petrol and Diesel. My average usage per month would be max 200 kms in city. Once in a while I will go to my hometown, total usage would be 1500 kms. On the whole, my usage would be 3000 kms per year. Please suggest if I should go for petrol or diesel (I guess the RS version is Diesel only).

Mod: Please move this to the appropriate thread, if the post does not fit here.

Thanks

Uma Shankar
Take the petrol. Hope you have gone through http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vs-diesel.html. I feel 60 - 70% of diesel car buyers don't do this analysis. You not only end up paying more upfront, but also you miss the smooth & responsive drive of the petrol engine. IMHO taxi operators or people who do business that requires heavy duty transportation only should go for diesel engines.
joe_antony is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:42   #94

Thanks Joe. I missed the thread on Petrol Vs Diesel. Thanks for the same. I read that the RS variant only comes with a Diesel engine, have to wait and watch though.
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:22   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
Well half of your wish has already come true, Maruti launched a limited edition Ertiga with black and beige interiors (basically the DZire's color palate)

And Maruti is already said to be putting the 1.6 in the S-Cross so hoping that also makes it to the Ertiga someday!
I was also keen to book the limited edition. Unfortunately, the limited edition is available only with vxi variants! And it costs 30K more than the regular edition.

1.6 in ertiga would make it an ideal MPV.
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:27   #96
BHPian

Amazing review GTO, enjoyed reading every word of it. The vehicle seems to be impressive but it should have come with a different face. Too much similarity with Brio and Amaze. I hope it is able to draw the Maruti loyal customers towards itself.
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:58   #97
BHPian

An informative and comprehensive review as always, great work GTO and Mpower. A few observations from the review and comments from few of the BHpians
1. The Indian market has a penchant for space and FE and as long as this criteria is met and at an affordable cost , the public laps it up- Mobilio would do well IMHO

2. The crude cost cutting measures seen in the mobilio, is a sad departure from what is expected from Honda, maybe they figured out that world class and India class are different - India class makes money and that is what matters

3. Insulation in the engine bay, wheel well cladding and rubber beadings for the doors and hatch may help on the NVH side of thiongs, but can one look at this to be fitted as after market add-ons?

4. Last but not the least, the review mentions thin sheet metal and super light doors- will this car pass muster in any kind of crash test?? Any comments or view on the structural integrity of the build? Did Honda mention anything on the crash worthiness front??
gops2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:00   #98
BHPian

Awesome review. Rated 5*s.

In comparison, Ertiga looks much better with cleaner lines and a much better dashboard.

From the Honday stable, City feels more premium compared to Mobilio. Hopefuy Jazz would be a good car like City is.
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
I was also keen to book the limited edition. Unfortunately, the limited edition is available only with vxi variants! And it costs 30K more than the regular edition.

1.6 in ertiga would make it an ideal MPV.
I think 30K is a good deal. I fitted the Ertiga ZDi alloys on my VDi, and I only got four of them, which cost me 20800. In addition to this, you also get the ZDi tape, which is better than what you get on the VDi. The ZDi tape also comes with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters, though I am not sure if the tweeters are part of the package. Black and beige interiors, rear spoiler, reverse parking sensors, Wooden accents on the dashboard (where the basic car has silver), Floor mats, chrome grille, Chrome Door handles, and stickers (I personally don't like the last three). That's a lot of accessories for 30K! Basically, if you really want the black and beige interiors, and don't mind the chrome bits, I would suggest you not to worry about the 30 K difference and go for it.

Although, if you absolutely want Airbags, then this is not for you.

PS: Mods, I hope this is not off-topic on this forum, if yes please move to the appropriate forum.
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 14:03   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
though I am not sure if the tweeters are part of the package.
Mods, sorry for going OT

Kedar, From the pic that you have posted, I don't see tweeters on the dash. So, I believe Maruti is giving just the headunit from Z variants along with standard speakers in the Limited Edition.

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 22nd July 2014 at 14:09.
Old 22nd July 2014, 15:37   #101
BHPian

@GTO & @Mpower,

Thanks for the detailed review,
The attention to detail is inspiring.

I think Honda will price the Mobilio on par with Ertiga, but they have missed an opportunity of creating a high quality product by cutting on basic things like driver seats & headrests.

Rather they should have priced the Mobilio slightly higher while packaging it better, It would have dealt the Ertiga a serious blow.

-Slick
Slick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:02   #102
Senior - BHPian

Very detailed review. Kudos!

I am hoping that the Mobilio 'refresh' comes in pretty soon and gets rid of some of the el-cheapo stuff in the current incarnation.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Even though the car looks good (esp. beige colour) (mind says it will have plenty of buyers); I feel the shoddy fit & finish could be because of a hastily arranged press preview cars. Maybe the actual production fit & finish quality could be something different. What I can't accept is the front seats with the fixed head rests. Overall a commendable effort by Honda but I don't think that the Mobilio is making any significant impact on the sales of Ertiga or the Innova.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 19:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Great review, GTO!

To my surprise, I was invited to unveil the Mobilio tomorrow at Pride Honda in Hyderabad.

Seems to be an interesting car for buyers looking at Ertiga & Innova. Good choice for us to be spoilt and make an educated decision.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:35   #105
BANNED

This is the first Honda that does not impress me. I am glad I didnt wait for it and just stuck to the Ertiga.
kisharchit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed